TTA newbie question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2013, 11:09 AM
RE: TTA newbie question
(31-05-2013 03:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(31-05-2013 01:11 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  what is the policy about religious types coming here and 'spreading their awful news'?

I come here to escape that- I get enough of that garbage in my day to day life.

being new here- I don't know what's tolerated and what isn't.

can someone explain?

You think you’re entitled to a popular forum as your personal clique. Girl, we live in a world that has a God and that God has to be guarded by men with words. Who’s going to do it, you? You, Bucky Ball!

I have a greater responsibility in this forum than you can possibly fathom. You weep for atheism and you curse the existence of God—You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that theists, while tragic, probably save souls. And my existence, while grotesque, and incomprehensible to you, saves souls.

You don’t want the truth, because in places deep down you don’t talk about at parties, you want me in this forum; you need me in this forum.

Theists use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a girl who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very conversations I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide them.

I’d rather you just said, “Thank you,” and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard and type out an argument—either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Here, let my alter ego have at it:

Your narcissism knows no bounds.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Bows...don't read anything by Egor...your head may explode if you do.

And pleasejesus is good to pass on also.

KC is a theist...but not a 'preachy', he's okay.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
01-06-2013, 01:20 PM

(01-06-2013 11:13 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Bows...don't read anything by Egor...your head may explode if you do.

If you clique supporters got your way, there wouldn't be a forum anymore. There'd be you four talking to each other.

Oh, and as for not reading what I write--good luck. Just look at my posts, the same people telling you not to read me read and comment on everything I write.
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Which four would that be oh wise and wonderful wizard?

I need to know if it's worth it to proceed.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-06-2013, 01:52 PM
(31-05-2013 09:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(31-05-2013 07:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  FYI, you suck at sarcasm. Read a few of TrainWreck's posts before you try again.

Wait the fuckaminute! You're saying Trainwreck is just being sarcastic?

Nah, not Ronald, not a hint of sarcasm there. ... (the Spitzer one still has me laughing). ... Winning. Big Grin

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Ask a simple question and I get a 4 page answer Thumbsup

I Heart the TTA Forums.

Big Grin

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
01-06-2013, 04:29 PM
We want you to be able to pick the one you like... Thumbsup

01-06-2013, 04:30 PM
(01-06-2013 04:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We want you to be able to pick the one you like... Thumbsup

I like yours the best Big Grin

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
01-06-2013, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 03:22 AM by GirlyMan.)
(31-05-2013 07:16 PM)Egor Wrote:  Did you know that in all forms of mental illness, where it is bad enough to actually impact the person's life, the first mental function to go, inevitably is the sense of humor. You can't joke with a psychotic, they won't get it and it usually just makes them paranoid. The [sic] only think concretely. You can't joke with a depressed person, you can't joke with a manic person. And these people can't make a joke either.

Bah. Pffft. You're a psychiatric nurse and you ain't met the likes of a Johnny Cantor or a GirlyMan or a HellboundPreacher before? The fuck kinda psych ward you work in? ... If anything it sharpens your sense of humor, makes it more keen.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-06-2013, 12:42 PM
(01-06-2013 01:20 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 11:13 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Bows...don't read anything by Egor...your head may explode if you do.

If you clique supporters got your way, there wouldn't be a forum anymore. There'd be you four talking to each other.

Oh, and as for not reading what I write--good luck. Just look at my posts, the same people telling you not to read me read and comment on everything I write.

You're kinda obsessed with your view count. To me it's kinda like the toilet bragging about being the most popular chair. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like houseofcantor's post