TTA podcast intro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2012, 10:37 AM
TTA podcast intro
I'm sure somebody must have asked this before, but I'm new to the forum and I haven't been able to find another thread on the topic so I'll just ask. Does anybody know whose voices are featured in the podcast intro? I recognize a few of the voices, but there are some that I can't identify.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2012, 10:47 AM
RE: TTA podcast intro
(01-08-2012 10:37 AM)pk_boomer Wrote:  I'm sure somebody must have asked this before, but I'm new to the forum and I haven't been able to find another thread on the topic so I'll just ask. Does anybody know whose voices are featured in the podcast intro? I recognize a few of the voices, but there are some that I can't identify.

From memory, I've heard Dawkins, Dennett and Hitchens in the Intro.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
(01-08-2012 10:47 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 10:37 AM)pk_boomer Wrote:  I'm sure somebody must have asked this before, but I'm new to the forum and I haven't been able to find another thread on the topic so I'll just ask. Does anybody know whose voices are featured in the podcast intro? I recognize a few of the voices, but there are some that I can't identify.

From memory, I've heard Dawkins, Dennett and Hitchens in the Intro.

Yeah I recognized Dawkins and Hitchens, but I'm not sure I know what Dennett sounds like - which bit does he say?
01-08-2012, 03:18 PM
(01-08-2012 03:15 PM)pk_boomer Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 10:47 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  From memory, I've heard Dawkins, Dennett and Hitchens in the Intro.

Yeah I recognized Dawkins and Hitchens, but I'm not sure I know what Dennett sounds like - which bit does he say?

"It is quite all right to be an atheist."

He's between Dawkins and Hitchens.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
01-08-2012, 03:20 PM
I can't post videos from work, but look up Daniel Dennett on TedTalks. He has a couple of really good ones. Also, I heard a really good podcast with him on the Center for Inquiry podcast. NPR has a pretty good interview with him too.

~Izel
01-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks Erxomai.

I miss Hitch, wish I had the opportunity to meet him... at least I got to meet Dawkins and The Amazing Randi at TAM a couple years ago. (Not to mention Adam Savage!)
[+] 1 user Likes pk_boomer's post
01-08-2012, 04:16 PM
(01-08-2012 04:08 PM)pk_boomer Wrote:  Thanks Erxomai.

I miss Hitch, wish I had the opportunity to meet him... at least I got to meet Dawkins and The Amazing Randi at TAM a couple years ago. (Not to mention Adam Savage!)

I've met Daniel Dennet. He came to one of my university's philosophy talks and a few of us went to the pub for a drink afterwards. And I have a copy of The Selfish Gene signed by Dawkins.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2012, 11:49 PM
(01-08-2012 04:16 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 04:08 PM)pk_boomer Wrote:  Thanks Erxomai.

I've met Daniel Dennet. He came to one of my university's philosophy talks and a few of us went to the pub for a drink afterwards. And I have a copy of The Selfish Gene signed by Dawkins.

Me too! That's the first Dawkins book I read, about 10 years ago, and that's the book I got him to sign at TAM!