TTA podcast intro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2012, 10:37 AM
TTA podcast intro
I'm sure somebody must have asked this before, but I'm new to the forum and I haven't been able to find another thread on the topic so I'll just ask. Does anybody know whose voices are featured in the podcast intro? I recognize a few of the voices, but there are some that I can't identify.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2012, 10:47 AM
RE: TTA podcast intro
(01-08-2012 10:37 AM)pk_boomer Wrote:  I'm sure somebody must have asked this before, but I'm new to the forum and I haven't been able to find another thread on the topic so I'll just ask. Does anybody know whose voices are featured in the podcast intro? I recognize a few of the voices, but there are some that I can't identify.

From memory, I've heard Dawkins, Dennett and Hitchens in the Intro.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
(01-08-2012 10:47 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 10:37 AM)pk_boomer Wrote:  I'm sure somebody must have asked this before, but I'm new to the forum and I haven't been able to find another thread on the topic so I'll just ask. Does anybody know whose voices are featured in the podcast intro? I recognize a few of the voices, but there are some that I can't identify.

From memory, I've heard Dawkins, Dennett and Hitchens in the Intro.

Yeah I recognized Dawkins and Hitchens, but I'm not sure I know what Dennett sounds like - which bit does he say?
01-08-2012, 03:18 PM
(01-08-2012 03:15 PM)pk_boomer Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 10:47 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  From memory, I've heard Dawkins, Dennett and Hitchens in the Intro.

Yeah I recognized Dawkins and Hitchens, but I'm not sure I know what Dennett sounds like - which bit does he say?

"It is quite all right to be an atheist."

He's between Dawkins and Hitchens.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
01-08-2012, 03:20 PM
I can't post videos from work, but look up Daniel Dennett on TedTalks. He has a couple of really good ones. Also, I heard a really good podcast with him on the Center for Inquiry podcast. NPR has a pretty good interview with him too.

01-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks Erxomai.

I miss Hitch, wish I had the opportunity to meet him... at least I got to meet Dawkins and The Amazing Randi at TAM a couple years ago. (Not to mention Adam Savage!)
[+] 1 user Likes pk_boomer's post
01-08-2012, 04:16 PM
(01-08-2012 04:08 PM)pk_boomer Wrote:  Thanks Erxomai.

I miss Hitch, wish I had the opportunity to meet him... at least I got to meet Dawkins and The Amazing Randi at TAM a couple years ago. (Not to mention Adam Savage!)

I've met Daniel Dennet. He came to one of my university's philosophy talks and a few of us went to the pub for a drink afterwards. And I have a copy of The Selfish Gene signed by Dawkins.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2012, 11:49 PM
(01-08-2012 04:16 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 04:08 PM)pk_boomer Wrote:  Thanks Erxomai.

I've met Daniel Dennet. He came to one of my university's philosophy talks and a few of us went to the pub for a drink afterwards. And I have a copy of The Selfish Gene signed by Dawkins.

Me too! That's the first Dawkins book I read, about 10 years ago, and that's the book I got him to sign at TAM!