TTA's Rapture Day video

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2011, 05:47 PM
TTA's Rapture Day video
TheThinkingAtheist, who strangely doesn't get mentioned much in his own forum, put out a humorous video today

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
21-05-2011, 05:58 PM

RE: TTA's Rapture Day video
(21-05-2011 05:47 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  TheThinkingAtheist, who strangely doesn't get mentioned much in his own forum, put out a humorous video today

Lol... I saw that "shit" coming! TongueTongueTongue
Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2011, 06:02 PM
CSBN part is awesome! We need better scientific channels.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2011, 06:13 PM

(21-05-2011 06:02 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  CSBN part is awesome! We need better scientific channels.

Cosmos
Cosmic Journeys

I'll try to find some more. Cool
Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2011, 12:48 AM
"I'm not embarrassed about it. It was just the fact that it was premature," he told The Associated Press last month. But this time, he said, "there is ... no possibility that it will not happen."

As Saturday drew nearer, followers reported that donations grew, allowing Family Radio to spend millions on more than 5,000 billboards and 20 RVs plastered with the doomsday message. In 2009, the nonprofit reported in IRS filings that it received $18.3 million in donations, and had assets of more than $104 million, including $34 million in stocks or other publicly traded securities.

-Ah. Now I understand why Camping makes these predictions. Because the only thing that happens to him is a massive influx in armageddon donations. A week from now, people will have forgotten his name, but he will be millions of dollars wealthier.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
22-05-2011, 02:04 AM
Great video, makes me wish it really would have happened Big Grin

As Buddy Christ mentioned, I really wonder how much money Camping earned for his stupid blabber... Why don't we create some kind of cult then? All the idiots are still here Tongue

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
22-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Darwin Draft Brewery!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
22-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Around the supposed time I made sure to have my Jewish friend driving. there was a serious risk of a Christian bus driver =p

I was wanting it to happen though of course it wouldn't, because the rapture is a win-win scenario. Christians get to leave like they want, and we get to no longer have to deal with them.

I would be a bit worried about Darwin draft, the powers of natural selection at work?

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
23-05-2011, 09:45 PM
(22-05-2011 12:48 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  In 2009, the nonprofit reported in IRS filings that it received $18.3 million in donations, and had assets of more than $104 million, including $34 million in stocks or other publicly traded securities.

This sort of thing just sickens me. The gullible masses get conned, then they use the funds for private jets and apply political pressure to suppress scientific progress. Then they throw masses of money at a propaganda machine and start the whole cycle again.

All tax free of course.. The best thing to do should be stripping all churches from their tax-exempt status. Especially when they meddle with politics as they do in America. Any work that isn't directly charity based should be taxed. Grrrr.. It just pisses me off every time I see that stuff.

$104mil could do so much good if it was thrown toward stem cell research or something.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
23-05-2011, 10:52 PM
I get most pissed off when they talk about how most non profit organizations are scams. The church is a bigger scam than any of them. Why make it so hard for a group like mine which has proven itself by it's actions to get non-profit entitlements?

Just claiming a religion makes anything they do tax exempt. Even the stupid fake museums they make get tax exemption (which really suggests they shouldn't be called museums if they are considered a church). It's horrid that anything religion lays a hand on is made easier when there are people trying to make a real difference who can't afford to because everyone throws their money at religion.

If I were a Christian I'd leave any church that erects a statue, has private jets, or even has a pastor with an expensive car. The tithing money is supposed to be the same as a charity, not the charity of the pastor.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.