TTA website is down sometimes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2014, 06:29 AM
RE: TTA website is down sometimes
I've noticed the most common cause for me, lately, is if I open a lot of tabs really quickly. The last several tabs will show the error, and I can get it to go away if I wait a few seconds and refresh.

My guess is that the server is seeing a lot of consecutive accesses in a short time period from one IP and is blocking me temporarily on the off chance that I'm starting a DoS attack. That, or I don't know what I'm talking about and it's just a coincidence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
17-06-2014, 07:47 AM
(17-06-2014 06:29 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I've noticed the most common cause for me, lately, is if I open a lot of tabs really quickly. The last several tabs will show the error, and I can get it to go away if I wait a few seconds and refresh.

My guess is that the server is seeing a lot of consecutive accesses in a short time period from one IP and is blocking me temporarily on the off chance that I'm starting a DoS attack. That, or I don't know what I'm talking about and it's just a coincidence.

I've noticed the same thing, and I had the exact same conclusion. Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-06-2014, 08:38 AM
High five! So, either I'm not stupid, or if I am, I'm stupid in the exact same way you are!
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
17-06-2014, 10:34 AM
(17-06-2014 08:38 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  High five! So, either I'm not stupid, or if I am, I'm stupid in the exact same way you are!

[Image: 20120628-160238.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
17-06-2014, 12:16 PM
(17-06-2014 10:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 08:38 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  High five! So, either I'm not stupid, or if I am, I'm stupid in the exact same way you are!

[Image: 20120628-160238.jpg]

Is it sad that I just did it?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
19-06-2014, 05:03 AM
It's true, one of the rules I put in place uses a combination of time and ip address.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
22-06-2014, 04:49 AM
I'm a pretty patient guy, haven't complained about the infrequent outages as I post infrequently.

But the last week has been really bad near 50% of the time I tap new posts I get this, is it Cloudflare at fault .
[Image: t0oyf9.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
22-06-2014, 06:24 AM
I think I have to get out of the habit of clicking "View New Posts" then opening a bunch of tabs as I work my way through the topics, as this seems to be being classified as a DOS attack and getting me locked out. If you are seeing the cloudflare error messages as I have been I would suggest avoiding tabbed browsing for a bit and seeing if that solves the problem.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
22-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Yeah, I have trouble navigating to specific pages and posts now. After a couple clicks, I get booted...happens all the time lately.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
23-06-2014, 03:13 AM
I'll up the tolerance a bit. Maybe double it and see if it improves.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post