TTA website is down sometimes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2014, 04:12 PM
RE: TTA website is down sometimes
(30-06-2014 10:14 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(30-06-2014 07:09 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Well, server has been stable for the last day...

Celebrate?

A day is coincidence, a week is celebratory

And even that seems like it may be presumptuous sometimes...

[Image: peacock-spider-dance-o.gif]
The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
02-07-2014, 07:26 AM
(28-06-2014 10:50 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  The site is being hit by a large number of pingback requests. Someone has also been trying to use this site/server to attack other sites.

I'm looking at a more longterm fix in the next day or so which will be better than manually blocking IP's as they pop up.

I'm ditching CloudFlare since they do not protect you against http based (layer 7) distributed flood attack - unless you sign on to the business plan for $200/month. Thats not gonna happen.

There is a cheaper solution and it involves using iptables and scripts to track the access log and update the blacklist as attackers are found.

Yikes. I want to stomp whoever's doing this crap. Yes, yes, I'll get in line. Smile

Thanks, DeepThought, for using your awesome brain to build a defense against the "people" who're trying to wreck the site. I don't understand too much about attacks like this, but whatever you set up seems to be working.

I would e-mail you cookies if that were actually possible.

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
[+] 2 users Like calmblueocean's post
02-07-2014, 07:38 AM
(02-07-2014 07:26 AM)calmblueocean Wrote:  
(28-06-2014 10:50 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  The site is being hit by a large number of pingback requests. Someone has also been trying to use this site/server to attack other sites.

I'm looking at a more longterm fix in the next day or so which will be better than manually blocking IP's as they pop up.

I'm ditching CloudFlare since they do not protect you against http based (layer 7) distributed flood attack - unless you sign on to the business plan for $200/month. Thats not gonna happen.

There is a cheaper solution and it involves using iptables and scripts to track the access log and update the blacklist as attackers are found.

Yikes. I want to stomp whoever's doing this crap. Yes, yes, I'll get in line. Smile

Thanks, DeepThought, for using your awesome brain to build a defense against the "people" who're trying to wreck the site. I don't understand too much about attacks like this, but whatever you set up seems to be working.

In this case I got some help and learnt allot. It would have taken me longer to deal with all this by myself. I like cookies though! cheers.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
02-07-2014, 03:59 PM
(02-07-2014 07:38 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 07:26 AM)calmblueocean Wrote:  Yikes. I want to stomp whoever's doing this crap. Yes, yes, I'll get in line. Smile

In this case I got some help and learnt allot. It would have taken me longer to deal with all this by myself. I like cookies though! cheers.

I bestow upon you one cookie of your choice, as per your valiant attempts at saving the TTA kingdom.

Use it wisely.

Religion is the frozen thought of man out of which they build temples.
~Jiddu Krishnamurti
11-07-2014, 07:21 PM
(13-06-2014 02:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Sometimes is isn't loading and sometimes for about an hour or so it says the website is down. What's up with that?

yes happens on my mac pro
28-07-2014, 03:16 AM
Since friday I have not been able to connect to the site directly. Sunday Dark Light had me try using a proxy and I was able to connect. I have tried multiple browsers have reset my ip have basically tried everything I could on my end. Also this morning when I attempted to use the proxy I had used yesterday the same thing happened to it (connection timed out).

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
28-07-2014, 07:57 AM
I can whitelist your ip or an ip address range.

Just give me your ip.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss