TV and movies that look cheesy when old.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: TV and movies that look cheesy when old.
(07-07-2016 12:49 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Not necessarily. The 1950s were full of cheesy black and white sci-fi movies (e.g., "Plan 9 from Outer Space").

True, the so-called "B" movies, but even a lot of them had some story attached unlike even today where the sale of the cinematography was more important than the story.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2016, 01:12 PM
(07-07-2016 08:53 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I still think it looks cool. Ray Harryhausen's stop motion stuff has a special kind of charm to it.

I never knew who did those stop motion scenes but when you posted his name I realized something.
The name of the restaurant in the animated movie Monsters Inc. was Harryhausen's.
Intentional nod to him I suppose.
07-07-2016, 09:43 PM
I remember being a kid and really enjoying the animated movie "FernGully". I made the mistake of watching it as an adult and it was garbage, absolute dross.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
07-07-2016, 10:11 PM
Dad used to watch all the old westerns. Bonanza, Have Gun Will Travel, The Rifleman...all of the ones that were on at that time. Many years went by before I saw them again. When dad was sick he would watch those old westerns on some channel he got in the hospital and later in the nursing home.

It was funny when I realized that the background was the same all the time. There goes the same tree as a few seconds ago...there it is again...and again.

Same with old shows when people were 'driving'. The same scenery kept replaying. Special effects at their finest. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-07-2016, 10:14 PM
(07-07-2016 10:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Dad used to watch all the old westerns. Bonanza, Have Gun Will Travel, The Rifleman...all of the ones that were on at that time. Many years went by before I saw them again. When dad was sick he would watch those old westerns on some channel he got in the hospital and later in the nursing home.

It was funny when I realized that the background was the same all the time. There goes the same tree as a few seconds ago...there it is again...and again.

Same with old shows when people were 'driving'. The same scenery kept replaying. Special effects at their finest. Smile

I always watch the backgrounds when people are "driving" in movies and TV shows.
Tarantino slips some weird stuff in.