TV character outed as an atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2013, 11:54 AM
RE: TV character outed as an atheist.
I think Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock Holmes (from Sherlock) is an atheist. Also, Hugh Dancy's Will Graham (from Hannibal) might be, but I could very well be inserting things into my memories at this point, lol.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2013, 12:36 AM
(05-06-2013 10:13 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Sheldon, of The Big Bang Theory has expressed that he is a skeptical agnostic on several occasions. One time he exclaimed "Oh deity, whose existence I doubt!" instead of "Oh, God!". One another occasion his mother insisted he pray before eating, which he tried to refuse, but eventually gave in to. After they were through praying his mother said "See, that wasn't so hard now was it?" to which Sheldon replied, "My objections were based on things other than difficulty." He has expressed similar beliefs elsewhere on the show as well.

Yeah it's pretty clear Sheldon's an atheist. Especially when at Christmas time he wants to hang a bust of Isaac Newton on the tree instead of an angel (quite correctly too I might add). They just don't say it directly. Although he does defend evolution against his mother so there are subtle hints.
10-07-2013, 12:56 AM
I know I'm probably dating myself but wasn't Rob Riener's character on All in the Family atheist?

And didn't Maude grapple with that too?

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...