TWA Flight 800

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2013, 08:24 AM
TWA Flight 800
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWA_800

I'm surprised no one has talked about this here.

On the evening of July 17, 1996, a Boeing 747 operated by TWA departs KJFK enroute to Rome with a single stopover in Paris. Fifteen minutes later, the airplane exploded in midair off the coast of Long Island, NY. Immediate thoughts were of terrorism. There were also accounts of a missile hitting TWA Flight 800.

The official NTSB report concluded the explosion was a result of faulty wiring for the FQMS inside the center body fuel tank, although this culprit was not totally conclusive.

But a new documentary film is releasing this week, apparently from several investigators of the original crash who are breaking their silence and claiming the crash was caused by "an explosion outside the aircraft."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/us/twa-cra...?hpt=hp_t2

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2013, 08:48 AM
RE: TWA Flight 800
(19-06-2013 08:24 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWA_800

I'm surprised no one has talked about this here.

On the evening of July 17, 1996, a Boeing 747 operated by TWA departs KJFK enroute to Rome with a single stopover in Paris. Fifteen minutes later, the airplane exploded in midair off the coast of Long Island, NY. Immediate thoughts were of terrorism. There were also accounts of a missile hitting TWA Flight 800.

The official NTSB report concluded the explosion was a result of faulty wiring for the FQMS inside the center body fuel tank, although this culprit was not totally conclusive.

But a new documentary film is releasing this week, apparently from several investigators of the original crash who are breaking their silence and claiming the crash was caused by "an explosion outside the aircraft."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/us/twa-cra...?hpt=hp_t2

I would not be surprised to hear this was terrorism. I believe (not certain) that it was about the same time as the attack on the US Cole and some embassies. I vaguely remember seeing a night-vision type video (or video of the radar) or something at the time that showed the opposite of what the NTSB was trying to explain. I remember questioning it when I saw it on the news and being puzzled at the explanation. I just remember it was a green streak on the video. My brother is an airline mechanic and I remember him talking about it too. I don't think he was buying the NTSB explanation either, but wasn't sure if it was terrorism.

The article I read said that the 3 investigators waited until retirement to speak out. I would like to know more of the backstory on these 3 too.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
19-06-2013, 04:52 PM
I'd like to see some evidence. Drinking Beverage

The idea that there would be a conspiracy to cover up a terrorist attack beggars belief.

The idea that there would be a conspiracy to cover up a military 'oops' does not.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-06-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm not saying its aliens...but...

[Image: Geekation_imNotSayingItsAliensButItsAliens-325x205.jpg]

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
20-06-2013, 04:52 AM
(19-06-2013 08:48 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I would not be surprised to hear this was terrorism. I believe (not certain) that it was about the same time as the attack on the US Cole and some embassies.
Nah, the USS Cole was a few years later
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing

As well as the embassy attacks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_United...y_bombings
23-06-2013, 02:26 PM
I remember when this happened and all the talk about it being a terrorist attack despite what was put out there as the official reason. Hopefully I'll be able to find the documentary sooner rather then later, I would really like t see what these investigators are saying. I see very little incentive for them to lie, since last time I checked, the documentary business wasn't exactly the road to fortune and glory unless you are one of the big names people know.

"History teaches us that no other cause has brought more death than the word of god."
29-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Yeah but you can make a nice living selling books on conspiracies to conspiracy nuts.

Ever notice how the proponents of these scams are always selling a book about it?
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
07-11-2013, 02:47 PM
I watched this documentary on NetFlix last week. I believe it's called simply "TWA Flight 800". The work seemed well done, and the testimonies from the folks who were on the original NTSB team were very compelling.

Also, it's been bugging me, but when many folks mention the eyewitness accounts of streaks of light shooting toward the aircraft, they sometimes undersell it as "some people say they saw...". This doesn't even begin to do any justice to the number of people who said they saw what appeared to be "fireworks" or "a missile". I had trouble pinning down a hard number, as I'm sure investigators did as well, but it was anywhere from 150-200 people who reported having seen something like that. I find this number of corroborating eyewitness accounts a lot more compelling than a small handful of people. Saying it was just "some people" may give people the wrong idea about how many folks say they saw such a thing.

I also found the activities of the FBI investigators on the case to be rather suspicious. Changing location tags on pieces of the wreckage to better fit the center wing fuel tank theory?

I have to say that after watching this I was compelled to seek out more information. The Wikipedia page has the appearance of trying to stick to the official NTSB story. It almost reads more like the "official" report. I'm glad to see they changed the "conspiracy theories" link from the article to simply "alternate theories".

I'm also with Chas. I find it silly that anyone would suggest the government of the US in 1996 would cover up evidence of a terrorist attack.

There are still some folks looking at what information they can get their hands on. I found the passenger manifest info interesting. Nothing jumps out though.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/CRA...NGERS.html

I also don't know how to confirm its authenticity. It's a shame the only sites that seem to be looking into all this don't look much more credible than a conspiracy theory site.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
07-11-2013, 04:25 PM
(07-11-2013 02:47 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I watched this documentary on NetFlix last week. I believe it's called simply "TWA Flight 800". The work seemed well done, and the testimonies from the folks who were on the original NTSB team were very compelling.

Also, it's been bugging me, but when many folks mention the eyewitness accounts of streaks of light shooting toward the aircraft, they sometimes undersell it as "some people say they saw...". This doesn't even begin to do any justice to the number of people who said they saw what appeared to be "fireworks" or "a missile". I had trouble pinning down a hard number, as I'm sure investigators did as well, but it was anywhere from 150-200 people who reported having seen something like that. I find this number of corroborating eyewitness accounts a lot more compelling than a small handful of people. Saying it was just "some people" may give people the wrong idea about how many folks say they saw such a thing.

I also found the activities of the FBI investigators on the case to be rather suspicious. Changing location tags on pieces of the wreckage to better fit the center wing fuel tank theory?

I have to say that after watching this I was compelled to seek out more information. The Wikipedia page has the appearance of trying to stick to the official NTSB story. It almost reads more like the "official" report. I'm glad to see they changed the "conspiracy theories" link from the article to simply "alternate theories".

I'm also with Chas. I find it silly that anyone would suggest the government of the US in 1996 would cover up evidence of a terrorist attack.

There are still some folks looking at what information they can get their hands on. I found the passenger manifest info interesting. Nothing jumps out though.

I also don't know how to confirm its authenticity. It's a shame the only sites that seem to be looking into all this don't look much more credible than a conspiracy theory site.

It's in my queue...I'm curious about it. There's also a documentary that Lyndon Johnson had Kennedy killed I need to watch...because its been almost 50 years since Kennedy was assassinated. .

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

07-11-2013, 05:24 PM
(07-11-2013 02:47 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I watched this documentary on NetFlix last week. I believe it's called simply "TWA Flight 800". The work seemed well done, and the testimonies from the folks who were on the original NTSB team were very compelling.

One conspiracy theory I heard was that the plane was shot down by the US Navy.....presumably in error. The mishap was then covered up.

Apparently the Navy was conducting exercises nearby.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?