Table Salt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2013, 07:17 AM
RE: Table Salt
(12-12-2013 05:51 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Maybe that's because you're viewing god as 'the boss'. When to those for whom he is not 'boss' tend to miss the part about him not being supernaturally perfect in every way. God overriding himself sounds like he didn't get it right the first time - ie - the opposite of perfect.

Why would a god be anything less than utter and complete perfection- especially to himself?
What's imperfect about making a general rule and making exceptions for certain purposes?

You seem to be suggesting that a perfect god would be constrained by its own creation, which doesn't make sense to me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 07:23 AM
(12-12-2013 07:17 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 05:51 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Maybe that's because you're viewing god as 'the boss'. When to those for whom he is not 'boss' tend to miss the part about him not being supernaturally perfect in every way. God overriding himself sounds like he didn't get it right the first time - ie - the opposite of perfect.

Why would a god be anything less than utter and complete perfection- especially to himself?
What's imperfect about making a general rule and making exceptions for certain purposes?

You seem to be suggesting that a perfect god would be constrained by its own creation, which doesn't make sense to me.

And you suggesting that a God would be anything Less than perfect makes no sense to me. Where is the god-like-ness then?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
12-12-2013, 07:39 AM
(12-12-2013 07:23 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  And you suggesting that a God would be anything Less than perfect makes no sense to me. Where is the god-like-ness then?
Again, I disagree that a system with a general rule and exceptions for certain reasons is imperfect.
12-12-2013, 08:25 AM
(12-12-2013 07:39 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 07:23 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  And you suggesting that a God would be anything Less than perfect makes no sense to me. Where is the god-like-ness then?
Again, I disagree that a system with a general rule and exceptions for certain reasons is imperfect.

And your religion is a system?
I'm sorry to sound so combative. I really have nothing against you personally but your posts just read like word salad too often. I realize that you're working hard to explain the Inexplicable...........and that's a tough job. Maybe NOT being able to explain it should tell you something.

(??)

12-12-2013, 09:14 AM
(12-12-2013 08:25 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  And your religion is a system?
I'm sorry to sound so combative. I really have nothing against you personally but your posts just read like word salad too often. I realize that you're working hard to explain the Inexplicable...........and that's a tough job. Maybe NOT being able to explain it should tell you something.

(??)
To me it seems that you're pushing a personal opinion without support, and that opinion is likely ad hoc.
12-12-2013, 09:16 AM
(12-12-2013 09:14 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 08:25 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  And your religion is a system?

(??)
To me it seems that you're pushing a personal opinion without support, and that opinion is likely ad hoc.

I'm sorry it seems that way to you. Do you think it's just MY personal opinion that (1) the Bible and (2) your god --- don't make sense?
I assure you if you read through the forum long enough you'll see it is not just me that holds this view.
But at the risk of you feeling *dogged* by me....... I'll stop asking you questions.

12-12-2013, 09:33 AM
(12-12-2013 09:16 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I'm sorry it seems that way to you. Do you think it's just MY personal opinion that (1) the Bible and (2) your god --- don't make sense?
I assure you if you read through the forum long enough you'll see it is not just me that holds this view.
But at the risk of you feeling *dogged* by me....... I'll stop asking you questions.
No, I think it's your personal opinion that having a general rule but allowing exceptions is an imperfect way of doing things, and I doubt that that's really your opinion, as it's a common practice.
12-12-2013, 09:35 AM
(12-12-2013 09:33 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 09:16 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I'm sorry it seems that way to you. Do you think it's just MY personal opinion that (1) the Bible and (2) your god --- don't make sense?
No, I think it's your personal opinion that having a general rule but allowing exceptions is an imperfect way of doing things, and I doubt that that's really your opinion, as it's a common practice.

When you see it as *perfect* - ie changing your[god's] mind, resetting the rules, altering methods from those once decided = ok and even perfect?
FCUK I feel stupid. LOL But I am trying to understand.

ahhhhhhhhHobo

12-12-2013, 09:40 AM
(12-12-2013 09:35 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  When you see it as *perfect* - ie changing your[god's] mind, resetting the rules, altering methods from those once decided = ok and even perfect?

ahhhhhhhhHobo
What makes you think that the exceptions were not planned from the start? The God of the Bible is portrayed as omniscient you know.
12-12-2013, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 10:07 AM by WitchSabrina.)
(12-12-2013 09:40 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 09:35 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  When you see it as *perfect* - ie changing your[god's] mind, resetting the rules, altering methods from those once decided = ok and even perfect?

ahhhhhhhhHobo
What makes you think that the exceptions were not planned from the start? The God of the Bible is portrayed as omniscient you know.

Oh I dunno. Cause I think in pretty rational (possible Naive) terms........
Example: I follow recipe and cake turns out - fine. I chose the recipe I followed and the ingredients. There were options but I made the choices. Done. Next time I decide to alter the recipe I already chose....... and results........well....... ok fine.
My changing the recipe from the first time indicates (to me) that I was dissatisfied with the first one. Otherwise had the cake turned out fine why would I interfere with a proven process of success?
In most basic of terms: Why alter something if it is perfect? And what's more why would you predetermine that you would alter things?
To me that's just guessing that BOTH choices would BOTH be perfect?

How can one not be more perfect than the other when that's the definition of "Perfection" that we have to go on?

(not to insult you) But you're conveniently sweeping BOTH under the rug called "God" and his omnipotence instead of noticing the definition of "Perfection" - ie perfection by definition indicates better than all else.

CaaaRist that sounded like Word Salad. I'm going to shut up. LOL
Ahhhhhh -- Rob Help ME!!! http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tautology I have too joined this club **hangs head in shame**