Table Salt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2013, 10:33 AM
RE: Table Salt
(12-12-2013 09:53 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Oh I dunno. Cause I think in pretty rational (possible Naive) terms........
Example: I follow recipe and cake turns out - fine. I chose the recipe I followed and the ingredients. There were options but I made the choices. Done. Next time I decide to alter the recipe I already chose....... and results........well....... ok fine.
My changing the recipe from the first time indicates (to me) that I was dissatisfied with the first one. Otherwise had the cake turned out fine why would I interfere with a proven process of success?
In most basic of terms: Why alter something if it is perfect? And what's more why would you predetermine that you would alter things?
To me that's just guessing that BOTH choices would BOTH be perfect?

How can one not be more perfect than the other when that's the definition of "Perfection" that we have to go on?

(not to insult you) But you're conveniently sweeping BOTH under the rug called "God" and his omnipotence instead of noticing the definition of "Perfection" - ie perfection by definition indicates better than all else.

CaaaRist that sounded like Word Salad. I'm going to shut up. LOL
Ahhhhhh -- Rob Help ME!!! http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tautology I have too joined this club **hangs head in shame**
To use your own analogy, you made the cake, which was white, and it turned out perfect. You then decided to make the cake for Valentine's Day, and added some red food coloring. It was also perfect, despite the change. It did not detract from the perfection of the first cake, as there was no special occasion for which a particular color would be warranted for the first cake.

Change from a general rule does not necessarily indicate an imperfection.

Also, yes, I generally try to use more specific words than "perfect," which is very ambiguous and leads to people talking past each other.

Also 2: note that the current world is Biblically not considered perfect.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 11:49 AM
RE: Table Salt
(12-12-2013 10:33 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 09:53 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Oh I dunno. Cause I think in pretty rational (possible Naive) terms........
Example: I follow recipe and cake turns out - fine. I chose the recipe I followed and the ingredients. There were options but I made the choices. Done. Next time I decide to alter the recipe I already chose....... and results........well....... ok fine.
My changing the recipe from the first time indicates (to me) that I was dissatisfied with the first one. Otherwise had the cake turned out fine why would I interfere with a proven process of success?
In most basic of terms: Why alter something if it is perfect? And what's more why would you predetermine that you would alter things?
To me that's just guessing that BOTH choices would BOTH be perfect?

How can one not be more perfect than the other when that's the definition of "Perfection" that we have to go on?

(not to insult you) But you're conveniently sweeping BOTH under the rug called "God" and his omnipotence instead of noticing the definition of "Perfection" - ie perfection by definition indicates better than all else.

CaaaRist that sounded like Word Salad. I'm going to shut up. LOL
Ahhhhhh -- Rob Help ME!!! http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tautology I have too joined this club **hangs head in shame**
To use your own analogy, you made the cake, which was white, and it turned out perfect. You then decided to make the cake for Valentine's Day, and added some red food coloring. It was also perfect, despite the change. It did not detract from the perfection of the first cake, as there was no special occasion for which a particular color would be warranted for the first cake.

Change from a general rule does not necessarily indicate an imperfection.

Also, yes, I generally try to use more specific words than "perfect," which is very ambiguous and leads to people talking past each other.

Also 2: note that the current world is Biblically not considered perfect.

Awww I think you let me off the hook for sure with that one. LOL So - thanks for that. I get the analogy of adding red food coloring then........... yep I get your point.

See? We can disagree even be confused by one another and it still goes well.
Points for civility amongst those who see (or in my case do Not see) god.
ThumbsupThumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply