Tables are aware now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2015, 01:57 AM
RE: Tables are aware now
(09-11-2015 12:17 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  A theist on a Facebook group said the following:
"I BELIEVE the universe is causal and deterministic. This implies that the universe is continuously composing every moment, and by definition it is omnipresent and omniscience. Thus, the universe is one supreme being creator that discerned every historical event and its effect on the civilization ( including the events surrounding Plato, Einstein, Jesus christ, Muhammad, even you)."

There were several back and forths but suffice it to say, the challenge was levied to the theist to demonstrate the validity of the claims implied in their statement. Namely, how does one assess that the universe is conscious or contains knowledge or is aware?

Then they produced this gem

I may have found another theist more dishonest and ignorant than Tomasia Drinking Beverage

This person has obviously never read Being and nothingness. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-11-2015, 02:14 AM
Incorrect use of "it's" (twice) ... argument dismissed.

That was easy.

Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-11-2015, 05:43 AM
If a table is aware mine is probably traumatized. The things it has seen, the things it has held...
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
10-11-2015, 06:23 AM
(10-11-2015 05:43 AM)natachan Wrote:  If a table is aware mine is probably traumatized. The things it has seen, the things it has held...

Weeping Now *I'm* traumatized.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
10-11-2015, 06:52 AM
Let's take this back a couple thousand years.

Is the table aware... or is it merely the FORM of the table that is aware?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
10-11-2015, 07:30 AM
Well, if my tables are aware, what about my chairs? I've been farting in those things and they're probably plotting to kill me right about now.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
10-11-2015, 07:48 AM
(10-11-2015 07:30 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Well, if my tables are aware, what about my chairs? I've been farting in those things and they're probably plotting to kill me right about now.

That would explain some things.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 6 users Like Free Thought's post
10-11-2015, 09:47 AM
(09-11-2015 12:17 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I may have found another theist more dishonest and ignorant than Tomasia Drinking Beverage

[Image: 22cde821e9dc3f2db322acd43f058282.jpg]

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
10-11-2015, 09:51 AM
(10-11-2015 09:47 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 12:17 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I may have found another theist more dishonest and ignorant than Tomasia Drinking Beverage

[Image: 22cde821e9dc3f2db322acd43f058282.jpg]

... Have you stopped pretending you can read minds?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
10-11-2015, 09:57 AM
It sounds like your FB Theist has been OD'ing on Deepak books. He/she needs to put Chopra down and back away slowly.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post