Tables are aware now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2015, 03:23 PM
Tables are aware now
(10-11-2015 03:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  10 bucks on Beardy.

I'll take that bet Thumbsup

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2015, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 04:01 PM by Tomasia.)
RE: Tables are aware now
(10-11-2015 10:37 AM)cjlr Wrote:  You seemed previously to have serious trouble understanding how your repeated claims to know the minds of others better than they did themselves constituted ludicrous dishonesty. Have your views on the matter changed at all?

What's strange about your statement, is that it seems to take as a given that people understand their own minds better than anyone else can, but that's not really the case. In some cases another person might know better about your mind than you do. And clearly more often than not, atheists will argue that a theist believes what he does for reasons, other than what he states. And I can say that on occasions my wife understands my own mentality better so than I do, and vice versa.

On occasions we might even recognize a man scapegoating another quite easily, while the man being observed is unable to acknowledge that he's doing just that. Is that because we're clairvoyant, or the result of magic? of course not.

Human beings appears to be more prone to self-justification, then any deep introspection, especially the sort that taps at their very self-image.

Does any of this mean I know your mind better then you do? No. In fact, for the most part people here seem entirely alien to me, which seems to have less to do with their atheism, and more so with our radically different lives. I might understand my friends minds quite well, as well as folks in my community, and others who share a similar life as my own, whose basic predicaments and sentiments are not foreign to me, but easily recognizable. But we could put a big question mark above alien minds, which are just curious things.

And if you're primarily referring to my exchanges with TBD, you probably shouldn't, because him and I have a special relationship.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
10-11-2015, 04:41 PM
(10-11-2015 03:23 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 03:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  10 bucks on Beardy.

I'll take that bet Thumbsup

And I. Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-11-2015, 04:52 PM
Tables are aware now
(10-11-2015 03:29 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 10:37 AM)cjlr Wrote:  You seemed previously to have serious trouble understanding how your repeated claims to know the minds of others better than they did themselves constituted ludicrous dishonesty. Have your views on the matter changed at all?

What's strange about your statement, is that it seems to take as a given that people understand their own minds better than anyone else can, but that's not really the case. In some cases another person might know better about your mind than you do. And clearly more often than not, atheists will argue that a theist believes what he does for reasons, other than what he states. And I can say that on occasions my wife understands my own mentality better so than I do, and vice versa.

On occasions we might even recognize a man scapegoating another quite easily, while the man being observed is unable to acknowledge that he's doing just that. Is that because we're clairvoyant, or the result of magic? of course not.

Human beings appears to be more prone to self-justification, then any deep introspection, especially the sort that taps at their very self-image.

Does any of this mean I know your mind better then you do? No. In fact, for the most part people here seem entirely alien to me, which seems to have less to do with their atheism, and more so with our radically different lives. I might understand my friends minds quite well, as well as folks in my community, and others who share a similar life as my own, whose basic predicaments and sentiments are not foreign to me, but easily recognizable. But we could put a big question mark above alien minds, which are just curious things.

And if you're primarily referring to my exchanges with TBD, you probably shouldn't, because him and I have a special relationship.

There is so much wrong with damn near everything you've said, it's impossible to figure out where one should start.

1) someone not understanding their own mind well, does not mean that anyone else understands it better. Period. Psychologists understand behavior and can help a person work through their thoughts and feelings to better understand what is going on, but they (mental health professional) do NOT understand that person's mind better than they do.

2) you're not a mental health professional but have pretended to understand the psyche of multiple people on here through reading text on a forum.
i. Your reading comprehension is demonstrably awful. So you're judgement is suspect from the beginning
ii. No one (not even mental health professionals) would be able to attempt the diagnoses you've thrown about from reading posts. Your arrogance is astounding.

3) pretty sure cjlr is well aware of your inability to interact with me in a coherent logical and honest way.

4) just because you're special, doesn't mean you and I have a special relationship. Our relationship is pretty straightforward. You're dishonest and I call you on it. You're ignorant and I call you on it. You say stupid stuff and I call you on it. You're hypocritical and I call you on it. You make bullshit claims and I call you on them.

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
10-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Tables are aware now
The fact that you think you know other people's minds better than they do, is another perfect display of your profound arrogance resulting from your deep ignorance. Laughat

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
10-11-2015, 05:43 PM
(10-11-2015 04:53 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The fact that you think you know other people's minds better than they do, is another perfect display of your profound arrogance resulting from your deep ignorance. Laughat

Uhm, I'm sure there are a variety of neurosurgeons and psychotherapist, that know some aspects of your thoughts better than you do. I'm sure your wife on some occasions might as well, sometimes even your children, friends, etc.... Just like some aspects of my own thoughts.

There's nothing arrogant about that, in fact to imagine that this is not the case is perhaps more a sign of arrogance then anything else. The irony in all this is that folks such as yourself have no problem claiming that other people are delusional, even though they don't see their own minds in such away. You just seem to squeal if the shoe is placed on the other foot, even for much milder accusations than delusional.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
10-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Tables are aware now
(10-11-2015 05:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 04:53 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The fact that you think you know other people's minds better than they do, is another perfect display of your profound arrogance resulting from your deep ignorance. Laughat

Uhm, I'm sure there are a variety of neurosurgeons and psychotherapist, that know some aspects of your thoughts better than you do. I'm sure your wife on some occasions might as well, sometimes even your children, friends, etc.... Just like some aspects of my own thoughts.

There's nothing arrogant about that, in fact to imagine that this is not the case is perhaps more a sign of arrogance then anything else. The irony in all this is that folks such as yourself have no problem claiming that other people are delusional, even though they don't see their own minds in such away. You just seem to squeal if the shoe is placed on the other foot, even for much milder accusations than delusional.

Holy shit, you just went full retard. Facepalm

Knowing how a brain works, is not the same as knowing someone's mind or thoughts, you ignorant twat.

-Rick
10-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Tables are aware now
And I don't normally use the word "retard" but I simply don't know another term for describing how slow your brain must be No

-Rick
10-11-2015, 05:51 PM
(10-11-2015 05:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Uhm, I'm sure there are a variety of neurosurgeons and psychotherapist, that know some aspects of your thoughts better than you do.

Name them.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
10-11-2015, 05:52 PM
(10-11-2015 05:48 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Knowing how a brain works, is not the same as knowing someone's mind or thoughts, you ignorant twat.

Sorry, I forgot about the ghost in the machine, that separates mental states and brain states. :Facepalm: