Tables are aware now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2015, 11:13 PM
RE: Tables are aware now
(10-11-2015 06:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 06:36 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The real kicker is whether or not white tastes like all the other colors combined.

What does black taste like then?

Heaven

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
10-11-2015, 11:37 PM
(10-11-2015 07:36 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  If we're trying to distinguish between brain states, and mental states, would we say some computations are done by the brain, and other computations are done by the mind? If so where's the dividing line?

You're the one making a distinction. You find the dividing line Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-11-2015, 04:45 AM
(10-11-2015 06:51 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 06:31 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You've been given an answer. You're asking a nonsensical and stupid question.

Does red taste green?

How about if we ask it this way:

Is consciousness a physical process? Is that a nonsensical question?

So I gather you never bothered to find a forum devoted to the questions you propose but insist on asking us?

Ah, now I understand why you never read real books.

Lazy.

You can begin your course here.

You've no excuses now.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
11-11-2015, 05:27 AM
Tables are aware now
(10-11-2015 11:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 07:36 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  If we're trying to distinguish between brain states, and mental states, would we say some computations are done by the brain, and other computations are done by the mind? If so where's the dividing line?

You're the one making a distinction. You find the dividing line Rolleyes

I thought I was the one claiming there is no distinction, that mental states are brain starts.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
11-11-2015, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 06:53 AM by Tomasia.)
Tables are aware now
(11-11-2015 04:45 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 06:51 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  How about if we ask it this way:

Is consciousness a physical process? Is that a nonsensical question?

So I gather you never bothered to find a forum devoted to the questions you propose but insist on asking us?

No, I'm just surprised that some folks here want to draw a distinction between mental states and brain states.

It's curious how some folks here view their own minds, in ways that don't seem to follow a purely deterministic or physicalist picture.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
11-11-2015, 05:48 AM
Tables are aware now
(10-11-2015 06:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 06:01 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  True, and his wife likely knows him far better then I do, and on occasions better then he himself does.

Doubtful. Very doubtful. Drinking Beverage

Why do you doubt that?

11-11-2015, 05:50 AM
(11-11-2015 05:38 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 04:45 AM)Banjo Wrote:  So I gather you never bothered to find a forum devoted to the questions you propose but insist on asking us?

No, I'm just surprised that some folks here want to draw a distinction between mental states and brain starts.

It's curious how some folks here view their own minds, in ways that don't seem to follow a purely deterministic or physicalist picture.

Mate I am not a doctor and do not pretend to be. Nor do I ask questions concerning expertise of non experts. However wrong I may be this is how simple this all seems.

This is a rose.

[Image: Cropped_Small_Red_Rose.JPG]

This this also a rose.

[Image: yellow-rose-3680907.jpg]

This is a human brain.

[Image: brain1.jpg]

This is a human mind.

[img][Image: brain1.jpg][/img]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
11-11-2015, 06:14 AM
Tables are aware now
(11-11-2015 05:48 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 06:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Doubtful. Very doubtful. Drinking Beverage

Why do you doubt that?

Because your assumption is asinine about how people can understand other people's minds better than the owner of said mind.

You've had how many people tell you that you're wrong now? Like I said earlier, you'd think if you were even close to correct about something, someone would back you up or support your claims, but no one has. It's almost as if everyone else can see your blatant ignorance but you can't.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
11-11-2015, 06:17 AM
Tables are aware now
(11-11-2015 05:27 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 11:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  You're the one making a distinction. You find the dividing line Rolleyes

I thought I was the one claiming there is no distinction, that mental states are brain starts.

You're equating the organ (brain) with the function (mind). As evidenced by the fact that you think neurosurgeons understand other people's minds better than they understand their own.

-Rick
11-11-2015, 06:19 AM
Tables are aware now
(11-11-2015 05:38 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 04:45 AM)Banjo Wrote:  So I gather you never bothered to find a forum devoted to the questions you propose but insist on asking us?

No, I'm just surprised that some folks here want to draw a distinction between mental states and brain starts.

The arrogance in thinking you know our minds better than we do is because you don't understand the answers being given to you.

You just straw manned the fuck out of every answer you've been given.

-Rick