Take Shelter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Take Shelter
I'd be surprised if anyone other than me on this forum has seen this yet. It's not exactly out on DVD until valentines day, and it was only in like... two theaters or something.

It stars Micheal Shannon, who is one of my favorite newer actors. He is a man named Curtis, who seems to have a wonderful life. His wife is lovely and his little daughter (who wasn't born deaf but is currently deaf for some reason not specified) is adorable. He has a house, and a good job, and he and his wife are looking for a beach house to rent for two weeks in the coming summer.

Then Curtis starts having apocalyptic dreams.
They disturb him badly. The first he has is about a storm, unlike any he had ever seen before with rain that closely resembles motor oil. After the rain has started falling his dog freaks out and attacks him, biting his arm. He wakes up and all day long his arm hurts. So he makes an outdoor house for his dog, with a lovely fence around it.

His wife becomes worried for him as events keep happening that aren't within his normal behavior. I can't say much without spoiling everything.

Anyways his mother was diagnosed a paranoid schizophrenic when he was young, and has lived in a home most of his life under constant care. Which arouses the suspicion that he may be losing his mind. But he keeps it under wraps and continues on. He fixes up his storm shelter. Hence the title. This comes at great cost to his finances, which begins to drive a wedge between him and his wife.

More stuff happens. ... ... can't say anything ... ... .. ....

Great movie. You all should watch it. I have it illegally but I am going to purchase it on DVD on valentines day and watch it all over again.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Take Shelter - lucradis - 12-02-2012 10:10 AM
RE: Take Shelter - LadyJane - 12-02-2012, 02:02 PM
RE: Take Shelter - lucradis - 12-02-2012, 02:21 PM
RE: Take Shelter - thelittleprince - 01-03-2012, 11:38 PM