Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Take THAT, you "Diamonds are forever" fans
A planet made of diamond.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/petercohan/2...nonillion/
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...y-science/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2012, 02:04 PM
RE: Take THAT, you "Diamonds are forever" fans
(12-10-2012 02:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  A planet made of diamond.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/petercohan/2...nonillion/

Whoa, think of the laser beams some supervillain could use with that size diamond!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
I wonder how long it will be before Diamonds Direct commissions a space shuttle to get it

I ate the eleven Hunters before me Smile
12-10-2012, 02:56 PM
I love all the James Bond movies Angel Kanye has a great song about it.. and a whole planet made of diamonds --- I'd def like to explore that one Smile

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
12-10-2012, 03:03 PM
On a planet made entirely of diamond, something like your basic everyday dirt would be far more precious due to its rarity. Not to mention water. Imagine how thirsty you would be on a diamond planet...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
12-10-2012, 03:16 PM
(12-10-2012 03:03 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  On a planet made entirely of diamond, something like your basic everyday dirt would be far more precious due to its rarity. Not to mention water. Imagine how thirsty you would be on a diamond planet...

but.. but.... they're so pretty?!?!

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post
12-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Those "large numbers" are sorta fun. We're making a video using some. If you get yourself about 90 pairs of dice, and toss them on a table, the probability of the pattern you get, (of THAT pattern, in THAT position on the desk), has, (and you have just seen), an event, which, with no (divine, or any) intervention, is higher than 1.52^152, (which is higher than Dembski's "impossible", or Boundary number, in Creationisn), and higher than a google. With many "tossers", you could see an event, with a probability higher than a googleplex, AND see it as often as you want to toss the dice. So much for Intelligent Design's "improbability" stuff.

That planet must have been under some sort of intense pressure at some point. It raises all kinds of questions about planet formation, I suppose.

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

15-10-2012, 12:05 AM
You may not even be familiar with what consulting firms do but you have probably heard of one of consulting’s alumni — Mitt Romney. Before he started Bain Capital, a leveraged buyout firm, he was a consultant at Bain & Co.

So, does this mean the diamond planet is a construct of mormonism?
15-10-2012, 02:42 AM
(15-10-2012 12:05 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You may not even be familiar with what consulting firms do but you have probably heard of one of consulting’s alumni — Mitt Romney. Before he started Bain Capital, a leveraged buyout firm, he was a consultant at Bain & Co.

So, does this mean the diamond planet is a construct of mormonism?

So THAT'S where his money is. I get it now.

15-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Diamonds are actually metastable at surface conditions on Earth, so they are always just a little input of energy away from becoming graphite. Of course when I say a little I mean a little compared to what it took to make them.

Metastable = 1
Unstable = 2
Stable = 3
http://www.wikipremed.com/image.php?img=..._id=189600

All it takes is a little push

Evolve