Take a shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2015, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2015 07:45 PM by Greenest Desert.)
Take a shot
Ok so I used to be a independent thinker that thought on deep things. Last month God struck me down and now I'm a literal christen.I would like to confirm my theology, mind shift and, confidence in God. The best way I can imagine is going to those that oppose my view, feel free to bring any argument.

added in:
Please ask me one question at a time. I do no promote any church intact I am against the catholic church Billy Gram, Joel Oilstone and, most people you likely know. Please be civil.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2015, 07:03 PM
RE: Take a shot
So, now you don't think independently anymore?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
26-04-2015, 07:04 PM
So you gave up thinking for some warm, fuzzy make-believe? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-04-2015, 07:11 PM
How exactly did god strike you down?
26-04-2015, 07:16 PM
(26-04-2015 07:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  How exactly did god strike you down?

Ok lets try to take turns here. He hit me on an emotional level leaving me in tears and fear. He led me to the logic gap that he has to exist in order for my mind to be of any use and to give meaning. Lastly he changed my desires.
26-04-2015, 07:18 PM
literal christen? Do you have to spray holy water and name peoples something?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 2 users Like grizzlysnake's post
26-04-2015, 07:21 PM
(26-04-2015 07:18 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  literal christen? Do you have to spray holy water and name peoples something?
No it is used meaning to take the the word to be the indisputable word of God that needs to be obeyed.
26-04-2015, 07:23 PM
(26-04-2015 07:16 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 07:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  How exactly did god strike you down?

Ok lets try to take turns here. He hit me on an emotional level leaving me in tears and fear. He led me to the logic gap that he has to exist in order for my mind to be of any use and to give meaning. Lastly he changed my desires.

That's pretty vague, can you elaborate?
26-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Take a shot
If you're a literal Christian, don't forget the rules regarding how badly you can beat your slaves, how to stone the wicked, destroy towns of nonbelievers, and understand we're the descendants of incest, twice.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
26-04-2015, 07:33 PM
(26-04-2015 07:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 07:16 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Ok lets try to take turns here. He hit me on an emotional level leaving me in tears and fear. He led me to the logic gap that he has to exist in order for my mind to be of any use and to give meaning. Lastly he changed my desires.

That's pretty vague, can you elaborate?

Imagine a light clicked on and everything you thought is wrong and what is right is now shown, it can not be fully explained. Its like an apple fell from a tree and you just understood gravity.

Again can we please stick to a civil debate and if we use the bible be prepared to back up all context. Remember just because someone hides behind a bible saying they are christian and picks out a few lines to justify death or curl acts does not mean that they are. I believe the catholic church is against God and has been using the bible to justify there wrongs for years. So can we please leave any mainline church out since all the ones I can think of are heretical.