Take a shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2015, 09:27 PM
RE: Take a shot
(26-04-2015 09:25 PM)Russ Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:24 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  whats wrong with that?

I think it's official. We've got a troll on our hands.

Or a honest biblical literalist.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2015, 09:27 PM
(26-04-2015 09:10 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:07 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Because all we've seen is how you feel, but nothing regarding what morals the Bible actually has.

34 But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.

35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Actually Jesus contradicts the Old Testament here re: commandments. If Jesus is God re: The Holy spirit--do you think he forgot what he said in the Old Testament?

10 Commandments: (Deut. 5 and exodus 20)

1. "I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me."

2. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
26-04-2015, 09:29 PM
(26-04-2015 09:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:10 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  34 But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.

35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Actually Jesus contradicts the Old Testament here re: commandments. If Jesus is God re: The Holy spirit--do you think he forgot what he said in the Old Testament?

1. "I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me."

2. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

yes ten commandments but not Thee Ten God gives many commandments
26-04-2015, 09:30 PM
(26-04-2015 09:27 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:25 PM)Russ Wrote:  I think it's official. We've got a troll on our hands.

Or a honest biblical literalist.
No explain what is wrong with it please enlighten me.
26-04-2015, 09:34 PM
(26-04-2015 09:30 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:27 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Or a honest biblical literalist.
Some countries are totally okay with that. Not where I'm from though, we are pretty polite here. Just killing disobedient children really puts a damper on society at large.
Oh wait, do you mean what's wrong with biblical literalism? I can speak volumesBig Grin

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
26-04-2015, 09:34 PM
(26-04-2015 09:30 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:27 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Or a honest biblical literalist.

You're fucking mad if you don't see the problem with killing your children for disrespecting you.

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
26-04-2015, 09:37 PM
(26-04-2015 09:34 PM)Russ Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:30 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  No explain what is wrong with it please enlighten me.

You're fucking mad if you don't see the problem with killing your children for disrespecting you.

Why are you acting like a christen?
I tell people they do things wrong, I thought ALL morality is relative,
26-04-2015, 09:37 PM
(26-04-2015 09:29 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Actually Jesus contradicts the Old Testament here re: commandments. If Jesus is God re: The Holy spirit--do you think he forgot what he said in the Old Testament?

yes ten commandments but not Thee Ten God gives many commandments

Except God was pretty adamant about the ten commandments being followed re: Deut. 28 to the point where he even added this into the Bible:

"However, if you do not obey the Lord your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you:

16 You will be cursed in the city and cursed in the country.

17 Your basket and your kneading trough will be cursed.

18 The fruit of your womb will be cursed, and the crops of your land, and the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.

19 You will be cursed when you come in and cursed when you go out.

20 The Lord will send on you curses, confusion and rebuke in everything you put your hand to, until you are destroyed and come to sudden ruin because of the evil you have done in forsaking him.[a] 21 The Lord will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed you from the land you are entering to possess. 22 The Lord will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish. 23 The sky over your head will be bronze, the ground beneath you iron. 24 The Lord will turn the rain of your country into dust and powder; it will come down from the skies until you are destroyed...."

There are more curses for not following the 10 commandments in Deut 28 if u care to read them. It seems odd that God would go to all the trouble to add in this immense list of curses if u don't follow his law i.e. commandments and then only list two totally different commandments in the New Testament.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-04-2015, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2015 09:43 PM by Russ.)
Snip (screwed my quotes up)

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
26-04-2015, 09:38 PM
[Image: 7hxzUvX.jpg]

/OP

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post