Take a shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2015, 09:59 PM
RE: Take a shot
(26-04-2015 09:47 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:44 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  But you are putting your morality on me. I thought it is all relative? I thought there is no absolute morality? Your stating there is right and wrong. You said there is absolute.

Oh and you don't have to follow those laws as a christen, it is really hard to do anyway.
Citation needed.

Romans 8 its a long one.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2015, 10:03 PM
(26-04-2015 09:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:42 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Now that is not of the First Ten given to Noch, God gives many commandments. How can he be perfect and give great gifts of kindness. If he does not send evil if you disobey. Does the yin yang sign use 20% black and 80% white, I thought it was 50/50.

Job obeyed and God still did some pretty crappy things to him. How can someone be kind if they send evil if u disobey?

Don't you send your children off without training wheels eventually. Then you send them on a rocky road after a while and they my fall and get hurt but you did send them pain is that evil of you? God tested him and for his commitment to God he received twice of what he had.
26-04-2015, 10:04 PM
[Image: 103380-The-troll-is.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
26-04-2015, 10:05 PM
(26-04-2015 10:03 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Job obeyed and God still did some pretty crappy things to him. How can someone be kind if they send evil if u disobey?

Don't you send your children off without training wheels eventually. Then you send them on a rocky road after a while and they my fall and get hurt but you did send them pain is that evil of you? God tested him and for his commitment to God he received twice of what he had.

You are 12 aren't you ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-04-2015, 10:05 PM
(26-04-2015 09:53 PM)Russ Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:37 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Why are you acting like a christen?
I tell people they do things wrong, I thought ALL morality is relative,

Morality IS subjective. I care about other humans well being because I care about my own well being, to put it simply.

You said subjective that means it is different to each of us but not that we don't have an absolute morality. It simply means we have a different perspective.
No I am not twelve much older and, yes I really was converted a month ago.
26-04-2015, 10:07 PM
(26-04-2015 10:05 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:53 PM)Russ Wrote:  Morality IS subjective. I care about other humans well being because I care about my own well being, to put it simply.

You said subjective that means it is different to each of us but not that we don't have an absolute morality. It simply means we have a different perspective.

I am pretty certain that you can't have different perspectives about absolutes.

ab·so·lute
ˈabsəˌlo͞ot,ˌabsəˈlo͞ot/Submit
adjective
not qualified or diminished in any way; total.
"absolute secrecy"
synonyms: complete, total, utter, out-and-out, outright, entire, perfect, pure, decided; More
antonyms: partial, qualified
used for general emphasis when expressing an opinion.
"the policy is absolute folly"
synonyms: definite, certain, positive, unconditional, categorical, unquestionable, incontrovertible, undoubted, unequivocal, decisive, conclusive, confirmed, infallible
"the absolute truth"
(of powers or rights) not subject to any limitation; unconditional.
"no one dared challenge her absolute authority"
synonyms: unlimited, unrestricted, unrestrained, unbounded, boundless, infinite, ultimate, total, supreme, unconditional
"absolute power"
(of a ruler) having unrestricted power.
"he proclaimed himself absolute monarch"
synonyms: autocratic, despotic, dictatorial, tyrannical, tyrannous, absolutist, authoritarian, arbitrary, autonomous, sovereign, autarchic, autarchical, omnipotent
"an absolute monarch"
LAW
(of a decree) final.
"the decree of nullity was made absolute"
LAW
see absolute title.
viewed or existing independently and not in relation to other things; not relative or comparative.
"absolute moral standards"
synonyms: universal, fixed, independent, nonrelative, nonvariable, absolutist
"absolute moral standards"

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
26-04-2015, 10:08 PM
(26-04-2015 09:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Job obeyed and God still did some pretty crappy things to him. How can someone be kind if they send evil if u disobey?

Yeah, twice of what Job had--including his family. God killed all of Job's family due to a bet with Satan (but you're right, God gave Job a brand new family after murdering his first one). This was done to Job who OBEYED: "In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil."
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
(26-04-2015 10:05 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:53 PM)Russ Wrote:  Morality IS subjective. I care about other humans well being because I care about my own well being, to put it simply.

So your god's "perspective" is that it's OK for children to get cancer and starve, even though she could stop it. Nice god ya got there.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post

Yeah, and his wife got to go through ten more pregnancies/childbirths Thumbsup

I guess that's what she gets for being mad at God just for destroying their lives for a while and murdering her kids.
[+] 1 user Likes Dex's post
26-04-2015, 10:10 PM
(26-04-2015 10:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:05 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  You said subjective that means it is different to each of us but not that we don't have an absolute morality. It simply means we have a different perspective.

So you god's "perspective" is that it's OK for children to get cancer and starve, even though she could stop it. Nice god ya got there.

Free Will Bucky! They need to have the Free Will to get cancer to have a 'meaningful existence' in this cosmic test-tube called 'creation'. Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post