Take a shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: Take a shot
(26-04-2015 07:16 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 07:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  How exactly did god strike you down?

Ok lets try to take turns here. He hit me on an emotional level leaving me in tears and fear. He led me to the logic gap that he has to exist in order for my mind to be of any use and to give meaning. Lastly he changed my desires.

so the fact that you had an emotional breakdown can only be explained via supernatural?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2015, 10:11 PM
(26-04-2015 10:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:03 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Don't you send your children off without training wheels eventually. Then you send them on a rocky road after a while and they my fall and get hurt but you did send them pain is that evil of you? God tested him and for his commitment to God he received twice of what he had.

Yeah, twice of what Job had--including his family. God killed all of Job's family due to a bet with Satan (but you're right, God gave Job a brand new family after murdering his first one). This was done to Job who OBEYED: "In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil."

Ya he has his whole family waiting in heaven thats pretty kind. I know I won't have many of my family in heaven I cry about it sometimes.
26-04-2015, 10:11 PM
(26-04-2015 10:10 PM)4Syntraph Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 07:16 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Ok lets try to take turns here. He hit me on an emotional level leaving me in tears and fear. He led me to the logic gap that he has to exist in order for my mind to be of any use and to give meaning. Lastly he changed my desires.

so the fact that you had an emotional breakdown can only be explained via supernatural?

Goddidit

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
26-04-2015, 10:12 PM
(26-04-2015 09:59 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:47 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Citation needed.

Romans 8 its a long one.

Well no, I never did wright Romans 8. Are you confused?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
26-04-2015, 10:12 PM
(26-04-2015 10:11 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, twice of what Job had--including his family. God killed all of Job's family due to a bet with Satan (but you're right, God gave Job a brand new family after murdering his first one). This was done to Job who OBEYED: "In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil."

Ya he has his whole family waiting in heaven thats pretty kind. I know I won't have many of my family in heaven I cry about it sometimes.

You do need help.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-04-2015, 10:13 PM
(26-04-2015 10:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, twice of what Job had--including his family. God killed all of Job's family due to a bet with Satan (but you're right, God gave Job a brand new family after murdering his first one). This was done to Job who OBEYED: "In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil."

How could heaven be paradise for you if you're crying about your burning family all the time?
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
26-04-2015, 10:13 PM
(26-04-2015 10:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:05 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  You said subjective that means it is different to each of us but not that we don't have an absolute morality. It simply means we have a different perspective.

I am pretty certain that you can't have different perspectives about absolutes.

Then is there not absolutely air in this space where we breath and, do we not each have our own perspectives on this air. Yet it is still air that we breath.
26-04-2015, 10:14 PM

well, I guess you can't argue with that logic Shocking
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
26-04-2015, 10:15 PM
(26-04-2015 10:13 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:11 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Ya he has his whole family waiting in heaven thats pretty kind. I know I won't have many of my family in heaven I cry about it sometimes.

How could heaven be paradise for you if you're crying about your burning family all the time?

Because those that do not obey God are not my family those that obey him are. God still weeps for those in hell.
26-04-2015, 10:16 PM
(26-04-2015 10:13 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am pretty certain that you can't have different perspectives about absolutes.

Then is there not absolutely air in this space where we breath and, do we not each have our own perspectives on this air. Yet it is still air that we breath.

We aren't talking about air...we are talking morality.

Learn the language, what words mean, how to spell, how to form a sentence, get some mental help, and then come back and maybe we can get somewhere.

You still haven't answered the question of what was this big event that proved god to you...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post