Take a shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2015, 10:36 PM
RE: Take a shot
(26-04-2015 10:29 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:21 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What would be YOUR justification for an infinite punishment for a FINITE crime that we cannot possibly know about?

What reason would an infinite being send someone for infinite to hell for a finite crime?

What about people living on small islands hmm? Your religion is quite very clear that they too go to hell and they have/had no possibility of ever knowing about your specific deity.

Revelation 14:1–3 and Psalm 39:10

only 144,000 people in all of human history will ever get into heaven. Its been THOUSANDS of years and there are 7 billion people on the planet. Pretty sure heaven is already filled so that means you are going to go to hell.

haha ...I won. Now what?

No thats 144,000 Jews at the end of time living in Israel that will preach to the world and be saved. Only jews at the end of time, thats about 1/25 right now. In a country that jails you for preaching Jesus. Then again that doesn't count for the 50ish% that have to die first. So we are now down to 1/12.5ish. So ya that sounds alright, oh and children go automatically. I thought I said to be civil and read the bible in context? And everyone has been shown God according to the bible so that doesn't count. If any person didn't know about God I would build a 200ft wall around them and say never to come out because you can't go to hell without knowing about God first.

If that's true, then why the hell would your god's plan include a command to "go into all the world preaching the gospel"?

You mean to tell me that we could be living in a totally secular world right now, with god knows what kind of technological advancements, without ever having been influenced by the Bible and the subsequent bible-following religions, without anyone knowing about your god, and we'd all go to Heaven?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dex's post
26-04-2015, 10:37 PM
(26-04-2015 10:31 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:26 PM)pablo Wrote:  You're making an awful big claim without evidence. Your burden.

Your making an impossible claim to me and you just said I made a big claim, shouldn't that make it easy for you to disprove then?

*Points back to previous posts*

No.. that's not how it works.

You keep saying you have all the information/evidence.

Please, show and enlighten/educate us.

Much cheers to all.
26-04-2015, 10:39 PM
(26-04-2015 10:29 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:21 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What would be YOUR justification for an infinite punishment for a FINITE crime that we cannot possibly know about?

What reason would an infinite being send someone for infinite to hell for a finite crime?

What about people living on small islands hmm? Your religion is quite very clear that they too go to hell and they have/had no possibility of ever knowing about your specific deity.

Revelation 14:1–3 and Psalm 39:10

only 144,000 people in all of human history will ever get into heaven. Its been THOUSANDS of years and there are 7 billion people on the planet. Pretty sure heaven is already filled so that means you are going to go to hell.

haha ...I won. Now what?

I thought I said to be civil and read the bible in context?

FINALLY! You said the magic fucking word.

OK! If the bible is not the be taken literally and its all about your interpretation of it and "context". Than that would explain the 30,000+ sects of Christianity including the sect that would agree with me.

So what makes you think that out of the 30,000 sects of Christianity, that you have chosen the correct one that will save you? What makes you think that your sect of Christianity has the secret Jesus recipe that the others are missing because there are tens of thousands that believe YOU are going to hell for praying the wrong way. Not to mention all of the billions of Islams, the millions of Jews and many many more who have a religion that has a bad place you go to if you are not one of them.

What makes you think YOU have the right answer to all of that?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
26-04-2015, 10:43 PM
(26-04-2015 10:36 PM)Dex Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:29 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  No thats 144,000 Jews at the end of time living in Israel that will preach to the world and be saved. Only jews at the end of time, thats about 1/25 right now. In a country that jails you for preaching Jesus. Then again that doesn't count for the 50ish% that have to die first. So we are now down to 1/12.5ish. So ya that sounds alright, oh and children go automatically. I thought I said to be civil and read the bible in context? And everyone has been shown God according to the bible so that doesn't count. If any person didn't know about God I would build a 200ft wall around them and say never to come out because you can't go to hell without knowing about God first.

If that's true, then why the hell would your god's plan include a command to "go into all the world preaching the gospel"?

You mean to tell me that we could be living in a totally secular world right now, with god knows what kind of technological advancements, without ever having been influenced by the Bible and the subsequent bible-following religions, without anyone knowing about your god, and we'd all go to Heaven?

You can't have science without God. Science requires objective truth. Objective truth requires a higher being to be objective, you just showed that without believing in God science doesn't work. Your thinking like an atheist but acting like a christen.
26-04-2015, 10:45 PM
(26-04-2015 10:43 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:36 PM)Dex Wrote:  If that's true, then why the hell would your god's plan include a command to "go into all the world preaching the gospel"?

You can't have science without God. Science requires objective truth. Objective truth requires a higher being to be objective, you just showed that without believing in God science doesn't work. Your thinking like an atheist but acting like a christen.
christian* Drinking Beverage
26-04-2015, 10:46 PM
(26-04-2015 10:39 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:29 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:   I thought I said to be civil and read the bible in context?

FINALLY! You said the magic fucking word.

OK! If the bible is not the be taken literally and its all about your interpretation of it and "context". Than that would explain the 30,000+ sects of Christianity including the sect that would agree with me.

So what makes you think that out of the 30,000 sects of Christianity, that you have chosen the correct one that will save you? What makes you think that your sect of Christianity has the secret Jesus recipe that the others are missing because there are tens of thousands that believe YOU are going to hell for praying the wrong way. Not to mention all of the billions of Islams, the millions of Jews and many many more who have a religion that has a bad place you go to if you are not one of them.

God judges absolutely through each subjective life, he doesn't care about the little details you get wrong if you obey the love God and love others as yourself. He looks at a persons heart how we look at a persons body.
26-04-2015, 10:47 PM
(26-04-2015 10:43 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:36 PM)Dex Wrote:  If that's true, then why the hell would your god's plan include a command to "go into all the world preaching the gospel"?

Except that all science points to there is no such thing as god. Objective truth does not require an objective being. You have no clue what the hell your talking about.

Everything objective without question eventually changes excluding this objective truth. There is a reason why the more about science and reason a person learns the less they believe in a god. While this may not be universally true, it is for most people.

There is not a single iota of scientific evidence that would ever suggest that something needs to work because of an outside all powerful force guiding it. To make such an arrogant and ignorant claim just shows how you know nothing.

[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
(26-04-2015 10:46 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:39 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  FINALLY! You said the magic fucking word.

God judges absolutely through each subjective life, he doesn't care about the little details you get wrong if you obey the love God and love others as yourself. He looks at a persons heart how we look at a persons body.

And there is several thousand to ten thousand sects of Christianity that would disagree with you and ....btw...

You didn't answer my question.

[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
(26-04-2015 10:43 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  You can't have science without God. Science requires objective truth. Objective truth requires a higher being to be objective, you just showed that without believing in God science doesn't work. Your thinking like an atheist but acting like a christen.

Um.. on.. that's not right.

Or else we'd not have had Einstein come along and correct Newton. Since Newton would have gotten it right, first time.

See how science keeps questioning even the things it knows?

There are 'Current best guesses" in science, not really "Scientific, objective truths."

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
26-04-2015, 10:48 PM
(26-04-2015 10:37 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:31 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Your making an impossible claim to me and you just said I made a big claim, shouldn't that make it easy for you to disprove then?

*Points back to previous posts*

No.. that's not how it works.

You keep saying you have all the information/evidence.

Please, show and enlighten/educate us.

Much cheers to all.

I can't tell you what you already know. Your not going to get me into that, your arguing against God for the sake of the argument. A man cannot argue against a fact but any fact turned into an argument can be argued indefinitely.