Take a shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: Take a shot
First, give a meaningful (read: falsifiable) definition for your god.

Good luck with that troll. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
(26-04-2015 10:55 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:52 PM)4Syntraph Wrote:  I don't understand how you come to that conclusion that if something is true someone had to make it true Blink
Your still basing your thinking on truth, thats a biblical world view. How can there be anything unless someone made it?

I was not basing my views on anything, instead I was asking you how you come from something is true to a person must've made it?
Gaaah! Thread, moving too fast! *Peddles faster to try and keep up*

(26-04-2015 10:55 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  How can there be anything unless someone made it?

Consider

Wait.. who makes rocks? I want THAT job! Just sit around... make rocks all day. Yeah!

Much cheers to all.
26-04-2015, 11:04 PM
(26-04-2015 10:55 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:50 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  You just said Newton got it wrong. That means he can get it right which means there is right and wrong which means someone had to make laws to get right or wrong to began with.

Prove it. Prove that the "laws" or so what we call them needed to be "created" rather than something as a result of natural forces working on their own accord with no consciousness guiding them of any kind.

Perhaps this is the only possible way things could be. If we got it wrong, that just means your god does not exist because if all science was truth and truth was objective and we could never possible know anything without him, we would get it right 100% of the time, otherwise he would have gotten it wrong too and thus also created all of the incorrect answers as well.

No he created the world for us to discover, he planned us to build technology. He is perfect, we are not thats why it takes us so long to figure things out.
26-04-2015, 11:06 PM
(26-04-2015 11:04 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  No he created the world for us to discover, he planned us to build technology. He is perfect, we are not thats why it takes us so long to figure things out.

Ah... like this => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPriOQkKd6k

Big Grin
26-04-2015, 11:06 PM
(26-04-2015 10:55 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:52 PM)4Syntraph Wrote:  I don't understand how you come to that conclusion that if something is true someone had to make it true Blink
How can there be anything unless someone made it?

If EVERYTHING needs a creator then who created the creator? You don't believe in infinite row of gods do you?
26-04-2015, 11:11 PM
(26-04-2015 11:04 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:55 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Prove it. Prove that the "laws" or so what we call them needed to be "created" rather than something as a result of natural forces working on their own accord with no consciousness guiding them of any kind.

Perhaps this is the only possible way things could be. If we got it wrong, that just means your god does not exist because if all science was truth and truth was objective and we could never possible know anything without him, we would get it right 100% of the time, otherwise he would have gotten it wrong too and thus also created all of the incorrect answers as well.

No he created the world for us to discover, he planned us to build technology. He is perfect, we are not thats why it takes us so long to figure things out.

Why would a perfect being create such imperfect beings?
Not capable? Incompetence?
Apathy?
26-04-2015, 11:19 PM
I read this entire thread with an enduring headache and when I get to the 19th page, I STILL haven't found out what the big AHA moment was. Not to mention, I can't read a Greeny post without hearing someone that sounds like Milton from Office Space.

Geeze man. Stop being a Game of Thrones cliffhanger and spit the motherfucker out already. Beat_stick

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
[+] 1 user Likes kristenkjordan's post
26-04-2015, 11:21 PM
(26-04-2015 10:58 PM)4Syntraph Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:55 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Your still basing your thinking on truth, thats a biblical world view. How can there be anything unless someone made it?

I was not basing my views on anything, instead I was asking you how you come from something is true to a person must've made it?

Very simply because nothing arises on its own. Where does the universe come from if there is no God?
26-04-2015, 11:23 PM
(26-04-2015 11:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 11:04 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  No he created the world for us to discover, he planned us to build technology. He is perfect, we are not thats why it takes us so long to figure things out.

Why would a perfect being create such imperfect beings?
Not capable? Incompetence?
Apathy?

You where not imperfect you ran from perfection. God did make us not imperfect but we sought imperfection through disobedience.