• 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: Take a shot
The "convincing" is on you my man.

Start with some evidence, please.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
26-04-2015, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2015 07:42 PM by Dex.)
(26-04-2015 07:33 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 07:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  That's pretty vague, can you elaborate?

Imagine a light clicked on and everything you thought is wrong and what is right is now shown, it can not be fully explained. Its like an apple fell from a tree and you just understood gravity.

Again can we please stick to a civil debate and if we use the bible be prepared to back up all context. Remember just because someone hides behind a bible saying they are christian and picks out a few lines to justify death or curl acts does not mean that they are. I believe the catholic church is against God and has been using the bible to justify there wrongs for years. So can we please leave any mainline church out since all the ones I can think of are heretical.

Still vague. I could say something very similar (to your first sentence) about my de-conversion (except it can be explained).

Could you maybe start by explaining who God is, how you know he exists, what he did to you and how you know he did it?
26-04-2015, 07:39 PM
(26-04-2015 07:33 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  The "convincing" is on you my man.

Ok can we all agree that there is morality in the world? A general morality that we all agree with more or less?
26-04-2015, 07:41 PM
(26-04-2015 07:16 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  He led me to the logic gap that he has to exist in order for my mind to be of any use and to give meaning. Lastly he changed my desires.

And exactly what use and/or meaning has he given you?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
26-04-2015, 07:44 PM
(26-04-2015 07:39 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 07:33 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  The "convincing" is on you my man.

Ok can we all agree that there is morality in the world? A general morality that we all agree with more or less?

Morality is subjective and based on cultural mores. It depends on which culture you are referring to.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
26-04-2015, 07:46 PM

Imagine a light clicked on and everything you thought is wrong and what is right is now shown, it can not be fully explained. Its like an apple fell from a tree and you just understood gravity.

Again can we please stick to a civil debate and if we use the bible be prepared to back up all context. Remember just because someone hides behind a bible saying they are christian and picks out a few lines to justify death or curl acts does not mean that they are. I believe the catholic church is against God and has been using the bible to justify there wrongs for years. So can we please leave any mainline church out since all the ones I can think of are heretical.

You familiar with no true Scotsman? yup, what you saidBig Grin
You got to take strides with the group, the good and the bad. You can't just cut them off, they will still be there. Every community has their degenerates, just find the problem and help to fix it, if you can. Ignoring it or just calling them "not a true christian" just puts you on a high-horse and that never helps to fix anything.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
26-04-2015, 07:46 PM

Good luck trying to justify the fucked up things in the bible through "context".
26-04-2015, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2015 08:22 PM by Russ.)
A new theist to chew on! Seemed like things had gotten quiet around here. Too quiet, even.

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
26-04-2015, 07:51 PM
Quote:So can we please leave any mainline church out since all the ones I can think of are heretical.

Maybe you should start with describing exactly the god you met up with.
How did you know it was in fact god?
How did you go about dismissing every other explanation for your experience?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
26-04-2015, 07:52 PM
(26-04-2015 07:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Morality is subjective and based on cultural mores. It depends on which culture you are referring to.

Explain subjective and I assume you mean relitive.