Take a shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2015, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2015 08:07 AM by Szuchow.)
RE: Take a shot
(26-04-2015 08:10 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 08:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'd like to know what that solid understanding is when you find it.

You come up with that and I'll believe anything you say. Drinking Beverage
Absolute truth.

What is absolute truth and how it is different from just truth? Also I understand that you talking about absolute truth in regards to Bible, yes? If so then how come Bible is absolute truth when there is no evidence for flood for example? What abot inconsistencies?
Or maybe Bible should be understanded methaporically? If so then how do you know the correct meaning?

(26-04-2015 11:21 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:58 PM)4Syntraph Wrote:  I was not basing my views on anything, instead I was asking you how you come from something is true to a person must've made it?

Very simply because nothing arises on its own. Where does the universe come from if there is no God?

From where does god come from? If nothing arises on its own then surely god is not an exception.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2015, 08:06 AM
(26-04-2015 11:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  Why would a perfect being create such imperfect beings?
Not capable? Incompetence?
Apathy?

Sadism
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
27-04-2015, 08:08 AM
How do you know it was god that changed you and not Satan or some sort of mental disorder?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
27-04-2015, 08:11 AM
(26-04-2015 11:21 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Very simply because nothing arises on its own. Where does the universe come from if there is no God?

If nothing arises on its own, then where does god come from if there is no meta-god?

(26-04-2015 11:44 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  He shows himself through nature for me. Sometimes animals and rocks tell me things

Seriously, you need to seek help.

Quote:last week he came to me as a poor guy that had bad brakes on his truck.

Did he look like George Burns? Do you look like John Denver?

Quote:Why do you need the sky to turn to fire to believe anyway?

Because the claim that there is a personal god is an extraordinary claim that requires extraordinary evidence. Personal anecdotes, strange coincidences, and arguments from ignorance and personal incredulity are worthless.

[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
27-04-2015, 08:15 AM
(26-04-2015 11:49 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  He gives us all ampul chances to repent. God is not abuseing his children he is trying to save them from there own sin. He can't save you if you run away from him and he puts his children through hard times to make them better, just like how you have to burn gold at a very high temperature to get it pure.

Wow. This one almost makes COTW and Q look rational by comparison. We needed a new chew toy but there isn't anything of substance to bite with this one.

[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
27-04-2015, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2015 08:26 AM by Greenest Desert.)
Ok until someone formulates an organized arguement against me or everyone at least goes one at a time, I am not going to answer any questions. I wanted a debate not a judgement contest of who can throw the most shit at the other person. If this is how you act without having God on a normal bases your amaze me that you get anything done. I came here to be disproven and to me you sound like a bunch of childeren trying to get a laugh. Have you ever stopped to take a look that there are 3 of you asking questions 4 of you making a joke about me and 5 others commenting about an older post. You have only made me more confortable in my faith. If your idea of a debate is name calling and this is how you sort out your problems I think your abosultely crazy. If I am so backward why is it I have never had to do it. If I am so backward then this should be easy. Even if I was wrong I cannot find anything I like or want to be like in how you collectively act.
27-04-2015, 08:24 AM
"I'll just ignore every question until I can act like there are too many people talking over each other, even though it's a fucking forum and I could focus on one person at a time if I wanted, and then act like I'm the only one being rational."

How can anyone formulate an organized argument against you when you haven't said a single thing of substance?
[+] 2 users Like Dex's post
27-04-2015, 08:36 AM
(27-04-2015 08:24 AM)Dex Wrote:  "I'll just ignore every question until I can act like there are too many people talking over each other, even though it's a fucking forum and I could focus on one person at a time if I wanted, and then act like I'm the only one being rational."

How can anyone formulate an organized argument against you when you haven't said a single thing of substance?

One can not and that is the beauty of this situation Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
27-04-2015, 08:38 AM
(27-04-2015 08:24 AM)Dex Wrote:  "I'll just ignore every question until I can act like there are too many people talking over each other, even though it's a fucking forum and I could focus on one person at a time if I wanted, and then act like I'm the only one being rational."

There is always the boxing ring. You can challenge any one person to meet you there for debate, and no one else will be commenting.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-04-2015, 08:40 AM
(27-04-2015 08:16 AM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Ok until someone formulates an organized arguement against me or everyone at least goes one at a time, I am not going to answer any questions. I wanted a debate not a judgement contest of who can throw the most shit at the other person. If this is how you act without having God on a normal bases your amaze me that you get anything done. I came here to be disproven and to me you sound like a bunch of childeren trying to get a laugh. Have you ever stopped to take a look that there are 3 of you asking questions 4 of you making a joke about me and 5 others commenting about an older post. You have only made me more confortable in my faith. If your idea of a debate is name calling and this is how you sort out your problems I think your abosultely crazy. If I am so backward why is it I have never had to do it. If I am so backward then this should be easy. Even if I was wrong I cannot find anything I like or want to be like in how you collectively act.

How do you know it was god that changed you and not Satan or some sort of mental disorder?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick