Take a shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2015, 09:44 AM
RE: Take a shot
(27-04-2015 09:26 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Aww man... I always run late to these events, and now he is refusing to talk, golly gee there go my plans for the night.

Don't fret, I wouldn't be surprised if we get some holocaust deniers soon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
27-04-2015, 10:06 AM
Holy fucksticks. What a gargantuan waste of time. Greenie, despite multiple requests to do so, you have failed to provide in 26 pages
1- what you believed before your "revelation"
2- what the "struck down" moment was
3- how you are certain your moment was the result of the supernatural
4- any evidence for any supernatural forces

You came here with your claims. I'd say that you owe this community some actual answers to the above, not word salad.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
27-04-2015, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2015 10:39 AM by Greenest Desert.)
I If you would all clam down and go one at a time I will explain.
Yes it was Noah I am learning Hebrew and in Hebrew the ch was somehow translated from the vibrating sound in the back of your throat and that's how it translates. I apologize for that, I was thinking in Hebrew.

One question at a time
One interjection at a time if you feel you need to
One question on something I said at a time
No name calling or put downs
However if someone adds something I will answer that and not the question before, so be wise.
27-04-2015, 10:36 AM
(27-04-2015 10:33 AM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  I If you would all clam down and go one at a time I will explain.
Yes it was Noah I am learning Hebrew and in Hebrew the ch was somehow translated from the vibrating sound in the back of your throat and that's how it translates. I apologize for that, I was thinking in Hebrew.

That is not how a forum operates. We have The Boxing Ring for one-on-one debate.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-04-2015, 10:58 AM
(26-04-2015 07:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  So, now you don't think independently anymore?

A literal Christen?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
27-04-2015, 11:12 AM
(27-04-2015 10:58 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 07:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  So, now you don't think independently anymore?

A literal Christen?

Yes I belive the bible has to be taken as it says now it has to be interpreted. Otherwise ya its pretty straight forward.

Surely wish I would have known about the boxing ring...
27-04-2015, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2015 11:54 AM by Bucky Ball.)
There was no man named Noah. DNA (and genetics) have proven the genetic bottle-neck that would have occurred, (as well as many many other proofs given in gwg's posts about the flood) http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid674871
prove it never happened. Anyone who has done even basic college level Biblical Studies knows that much of the material in Genesis was imported from Babylon, as the Judean priests assembled the texts before the return from Exile, IN Babylonia, (ancient Persia) when they had access to them. (Ref: "Who Wrote The Bible" Dr. Richard Elliott Friedmann). The flood myth is almost word-for-word taken from the 11th tablet of Gilgamesh.
http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/meso.../tab11.htm
Noah was from the myth system of one of the two Kingdoms of Israel.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2015, 11:24 AM
(27-04-2015 11:12 AM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 10:58 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  A literal Christen?

Yes I belive the bible has to be taken as it says now it has to be interpreted. Otherwise ya its pretty straight forward.

Surely wish I would have known about the boxing ring...

Just pick someone you want to talk to, go to the boxing ring and make a post inviting them.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Oh god that was grueling. 26 pages. Oh my head.

You don't understand math if you think 2+2=4 is some revealed truth. You don't understand physics if you think there has to be a creator to the planet, and I agree that you are at most 17 because you clearly haven't taken English 101. Sentence structure!

It's also clear you haven't thought trough your moral philosophy, haven't thought through WHY you believe what you do. You can't even produce a coherent definition of what it is you're talking about. You're trying to shift the burden of proof, which is irritating enough, and then around page 18 you start projecting. Let's act like adults and pretend we each believe what we say we believe, m'kay? Because if you start saying we each secretly believe in god I'm going to say that you secretly know it's all bull crap.

But you want a question, ok. What is God and how can he be demonstrated? Note I will chuck out any bible verses that can't be backed up from the real world.
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post
27-04-2015, 11:34 AM
(27-04-2015 11:30 AM)natachan Wrote:  Oh god that was grueling. 26 pages. Oh my head.

You don't understand math if you think 2+2=4 is some revealed truth. You don't understand physics if you think there has to be a creator to the planet, and I agree that you are at most 17 because you clearly haven't taken English 101. Sentence structure!

It's also clear you haven't thought trough your moral philosophy, haven't thought through WHY you believe what you do. You can't even produce a coherent definition of what it is you're talking about. You're trying to shift the burden of proof, which is irritating enough, and then around page 18 you start projecting. Let's act like adults and pretend we each believe what we say we believe, m'kay? Because if you start saying we each secretly believe in god I'm going to say that you secretly know it's all bull crap.

But you want a question, ok. What is God and how can he be demonstrated? Note I will chuck out any bible verses that can't be backed up from the real world.

He (or she) still has not told us why Jebus allowed so many children to starve yesterday when he could have stopped it, and even more to die from cancer today. It is true, he (or she) can barely (well basically *can't*) write a sentence in correct English, thus obviously has little to no education in any subject.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.