Take a shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2015, 07:54 PM
RE: Take a shot
(26-04-2015 07:52 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 07:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Morality is subjective and based on cultural mores. It depends on which culture you are referring to.

Explain Relative.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...-you-live/

Some countries believe female genital mutilation is moral. Some countries still believe stoning people is moral. Some countries believe honor killings are moral.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2015, 07:57 PM
(26-04-2015 07:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Some countries believe female genital mutilation is moral. Some countries still believe stoning people is moral. Some countries believe honor killings are moral.

It seems like you answered the question of giving me an example but, that wasn't the question. Can you define it.
26-04-2015, 08:00 PM
(26-04-2015 07:57 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 07:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Some countries believe female genital mutilation is moral. Some countries still believe stoning people is moral. Some countries believe honor killings are moral.

It seems like you answered the question of giving me an example but, that wasn't the question. Can you define it.

I feel like I am in a spelling bee. Wink Morality--M-O-R-A-L-I-T-Y

principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior...of which are subject to cultural mores

It's also a noun--if that helps Consider

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
26-04-2015, 08:02 PM
(26-04-2015 07:16 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 07:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  How exactly did god strike you down?

Ok lets try to take turns here. He hit me on an emotional level leaving me in tears and fear. He led me to the logic gap that he has to exist in order for my mind to be of any use and to give meaning. Lastly he changed my desires.

So another words, you experienced the common placebo effect that all believers the world over have when they think their god is real.

Ho hum de dumb. Drinking Beverage

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
26-04-2015, 08:02 PM
(26-04-2015 08:00 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I feel like I am in a spelling bee. Wink Morality--M-O-R-A-L-I-T-Y

principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior...of which are subject to cultural mores

How is there right and wrong in a world that has no solid understanding. A relative world has no right and wrong, does that not mean there must be a judge of what is right and wrong?
26-04-2015, 08:03 PM
(26-04-2015 07:57 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  

You can't use morality as your proof unless you can decisively explain why your beliefs are right and all others are wrong.
26-04-2015, 08:08 PM
(26-04-2015 08:02 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 08:00 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I feel like I am in a spelling bee. Wink Morality--M-O-R-A-L-I-T-Y

How is there right and wrong in a world that has no solid understanding. A relative world has no right and wrong, does that not mean there must be a judge of what is right and wrong?

The judge of right and wrong is based on a cultural understanding of what is right and wrong. Since cultures vary--so does their views of what is right and what is wrong. But enough about that--let's just go with american culture--morality based on american culture. Then we can move on from there...

26-04-2015, 08:08 PM
Greenest Desert ' Wrote:  How is there right and wrong in a world that has no solid understanding. A relative world has no right and wrong, does that not mean there must be a judge of what is right and wrong?

I'd like to know what that solid understanding is when you find it.

You come up with that and I'll believe anything you say. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
26-04-2015, 08:10 PM
(26-04-2015 08:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'd like to know what that solid understanding is when you find it.

You come up with that and I'll believe anything you say. Drinking Beverage
Absolute truth.
26-04-2015, 08:12 PM
Sounds like you had a mental breakdown, man.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 9 users Like Colourcraze's post