Take a shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2015, 01:30 PM
RE: Take a shot
(27-04-2015 12:56 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 12:45 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  How do you know it was god that changed you and not Satan or some sort of mental disorder?

You are still assuming there is a God and satan and using my world view. Because God is greater than satan.

https://answersingenesis.org/natural-sel...evolution/
Theres your science.

I want you to answer my question. I've looked through the idiocy that is AiG before.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2015, 01:31 PM
(27-04-2015 01:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I call Poe.

[Image: bd4483292ae423db425984695bde253d29237273...e15d07.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-04-2015, 01:31 PM
I don't think this person is a POE. I think he's a coward.

It has been 28 pages now, and still a coherent definition has not been given. No properties listed. Nothing that would allow a reasonable discussion.

Why?

Because he knows if he pins down the definition of what he means it can be torn apart. He would be forced to examine and explain why he believes what he believes. And that terrifies him.

And if I'm wrong, prove it. Provide a definition and let's have a reasonable conversation. Hell, I'll even debate you 1 on 1 if you like.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
27-04-2015, 01:33 PM
(27-04-2015 01:31 PM)natachan Wrote:  And if I'm wrong, prove it. Provide a definition and let's have a reasonable conversation. Hell, I'll even debate you 1 on 1 if you like.

Good luck with that. I've spent the last week trying to get a cogent definition out of my debate opponent. Can't debate 'god' if you're unable to even define 'god' after all... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
27-04-2015, 01:40 PM
(27-04-2015 01:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 01:31 PM)natachan Wrote:  And if I'm wrong, prove it. Provide a definition and let's have a reasonable conversation. Hell, I'll even debate you 1 on 1 if you like.

Good luck with that. I've spent the last week trying to get a cogent definition out of my debate opponent. Can't debate 'god' if you're unable to even define 'god' after all... Dodgy

How can a robot define a man? How can a building define its builder? For man is of God and how can I define that which is greater than all?
27-04-2015, 01:42 PM
(27-04-2015 01:40 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 01:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Good luck with that. I've spent the last week trying to get a cogent definition out of my debate opponent. Can't debate 'god' if you're unable to even define 'god' after all... Dodgy

How can a robot define a man? How can a building define its builder? For man is of God and how can I define that which is greater than all?

Well Merriam Webster can define him if you can't:

God
ɡäd/
noun
(in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
synonyms: the Lord, the Almighty, the Creator, the Maker, the Godhead; More
(in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.
"a moon god"
synonyms: deity, goddess, divine being, celestial being, divinity, immortal, avatar
"sacrifices to appease the gods"
an image, idol, animal, or other object worshiped as divine or symbolizing a god.
synonyms: idol, graven image, icon, totem, talisman, fetish, juju
"wooden gods"
used as a conventional personification of fate.
"he dialed the number and, the gods relenting, got through at once"
an adored, admired, or influential person.
"he has little time for the fashion victims for whom he is a god"
a thing accorded the supreme importance appropriate to a god.
"don't make money your god"
informal
the gallery in a theater.
exclamation
exclamation: God
used for emphasis or to express emotions such as surprise, anger, or distress.
"God, what did I do to deserve this?"
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
27-04-2015, 01:44 PM
I see a lot of words but not a clear definition.
27-04-2015, 01:47 PM
(27-04-2015 01:44 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  I see a lot of words but not a clear definition.

Please, set us straight.
27-04-2015, 01:49 PM
(27-04-2015 01:47 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 01:44 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  I see a lot of words but not a clear definition.

Please, set us straight.
Facepalm
You can't have a definition of something beyond your reasoning.
27-04-2015, 01:50 PM

Okay--I'll bite...

When I was a christian I defined God as an all loving, all powerful supreme being who would do anything for me, who loved me, who cared about me, who so loved the world, he gave his only son to die for our sins....and then I read the Bible. And now I would define God as a tyrant, a misogynist, and a sadist--and a made up character in biblical literature.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post