Take a shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: Take a shot
(27-04-2015 01:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 01:44 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  I see a lot of words but not a clear definition.

Okay--I'll bite...

When I was a christian I defined God as an all loving, all powerful supreme being who would do anything for me, who loved me, who cared about me, who so loved the world, he gave his only son to die for our sins....and then I read the Bible. And now I would define God as a tyrant, a misogynist, and a sadist--and a made up character in biblical literature.

You are saying what he is but you have forgotten that he is just, he gives love and pain. For love comes with pain as pleasure comes with hatred.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2015, 01:55 PM
(26-04-2015 06:57 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Ok so I used to be a independent thinker that thought on deep things. Last month God struck me down and now I'm a literal christen.I would like to confirm my theology, mind shift and, confidence in God. The best way I can imagine is going to those that oppose my view, feel free to bring any argument.

added in:
Please ask me one question at a time. I do no promote any church intact I am against the catholic church Billy Gram, Joel Oilstone and, most people you likely know. Please be civil.

What are "deep things" ? What deep things did you think on ? What is a "christen" ? Are "christens" anything like "Christians" ? What is a literal christen ? Are you sure you're not an illiterate Christian ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2015, 01:56 PM
(27-04-2015 01:49 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 01:47 PM)pablo Wrote:  Please, set us straight.
Facepalm
You can't have a definition of something beyond your reasoning.

If god is allegedly beyond reasoning and beyond explanation, then the bible; and all religious texts, fall within that limitation.

Basically, you're wrong about god and no one can be right about such an entity.

As far as the bible is concerned, it asserts death and suffering came about through original sin, this is easily disproved by science.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
27-04-2015, 01:57 PM
(27-04-2015 01:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 06:57 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Ok so I used to be a independent thinker that thought on deep things. Last month God struck me down and now I'm a literal christen.I would like to confirm my theology, mind shift and, confidence in God. The best way I can imagine is going to those that oppose my view, feel free to bring any argument.

added in:
Please ask me one question at a time. I do no promote any church intact I am against the catholic church Billy Gram, Joel Oilstone and, most people you likely know. Please be civil.

What are "deep things" ? What deep things did you think on ? What is a "christen" ? Are "christens" andything like "Christians" ? When is a literal christen ? ARe you sure you're not an illiterate Christian ?

For you must understand what I say to make fun of the content.
27-04-2015, 01:59 PM
(27-04-2015 01:49 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 01:47 PM)pablo Wrote:  Please, set us straight.
Facepalm

Yet you are still sure it exists. How do you know? Just a feeling?
You still haven't told us how you eliminated ever other possible explanation for your feelings.
27-04-2015, 02:01 PM
(27-04-2015 01:53 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 01:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Okay--I'll bite...

When I was a christian I defined God as an all loving, all powerful supreme being who would do anything for me, who loved me, who cared about me, who so loved the world, he gave his only son to die for our sins....and then I read the Bible. And now I would define God as a tyrant, a misogynist, and a sadist--and a made up character in biblical literature.

You are saying what he is but you have forgotten that he is just, he gives love and pain. For love comes with pain as pleasure comes with hatred.

That part about love coming with pain is quite kinky. I approve Cool

But what about some real evidence for existence of something that could be called god?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
27-04-2015, 02:01 PM
(27-04-2015 01:53 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 01:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Okay--I'll bite...

So god was just when he got angry at David for having an affair and his retribution to that was to kill his baby and have his wives raped by David's son?? (2 Samuel)
27-04-2015, 02:02 PM
(27-04-2015 01:59 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 01:49 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Facepalm

Yet you are still sure it exists. How do you know? Just a feeling?
You still haven't told us how you eliminated ever other possible explanation for your feelings.

I told you when you see in color while those who see in black and white cannot see God. What idea can I come up with to deny myself and, take on a set of new beliefs in one day when I have never cared what any man has said to me before. For surely only a God can change a man like clay in his hands and make him new in himself.
27-04-2015, 02:04 PM
(27-04-2015 02:02 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 01:59 PM)pablo Wrote:  Yet you are still sure it exists. How do you know? Just a feeling?

I told you when you see in color while those who see in black and white cannot see God. What idea can I come up with to deny myself and, take on a set of new beliefs in one day when I have never cared what any man has said to me before. For surely only a God can change a man like clay in his hands and make him new in himself.

Psycho-babble bullshit.
It's like reading Deepak.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
27-04-2015, 02:04 PM
(27-04-2015 02:02 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 01:59 PM)pablo Wrote:  Yet you are still sure it exists. How do you know? Just a feeling?

But you told us when you got here yesterday you were an independent thinker before ?
Hmmmmm. Consider
You weren't fibbing now, were you ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post