Take a shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: Take a shot
(26-04-2015 08:10 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 08:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'd like to know what that solid understanding is when you find it.

You come up with that and I'll believe anything you say. Drinking Beverage
Absolute truth.

Ahh, gods objective morality.
I'm still waiting for you to answer me from page two.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2015, 08:15 PM
(26-04-2015 06:57 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Ok so I used to be a independent thinker that thought on deep things. Last month God struck me down and now I'm a literal christen.I would like to confirm my theology, mind shift and, confidence in God. The best way I can imagine is going to those that oppose my view, feel free to bring any argument.

added in:
Please ask me one question at a time. I do no promote any church intact I am against the catholic church Billy Gram, Joel Oilstone and, most people you likely know. Please be civil.

So are you saying god beat you into submission? And, if so, literally or figuratively?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
26-04-2015, 08:16 PM
(26-04-2015 07:51 PM)pablo Wrote:  
Quote:So can we please leave any mainline church out since all the ones I can think of are heretical.

Maybe you should start with describing exactly the god you met up with.
How did you know it was in fact god?
How did you go about dismissing every other explanation for your experience?

How do you know you see? You simply open your eyes and your doing it. You can no more explain sight to a blind man than God to a man that does not know him.
Systematically going down the line, the only thing I was doing was trying to dismiss something to save my sin.
26-04-2015, 08:18 PM
(26-04-2015 08:16 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 07:51 PM)pablo Wrote:  Maybe you should start with describing exactly the god you met up with.

How do you know you see? You simply open your eyes and your doing it.
Systematically going down the line, the only thing I was doing was trying to dismiss something to save my sin.

Save it for later?

You are really difficult to understand. Is English your first language?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-04-2015, 08:18 PM
(26-04-2015 07:51 PM)pablo Wrote:  Maybe you should start with describing exactly the god you met up with.

How do you know you see? You simply open your eyes and your doing it. You can no more explain sight to a blind man than God to a man that does not know him.

You didn't answer anything I asked.
26-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Yes it is my first. No as in I figured out something that went against everything I wanted and the only way I can keep what I wanted is to close my eyes and pretend it is not there, or use faulty logic.
26-04-2015, 08:21 PM
(26-04-2015 08:20 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Yes it is my first. No as in I figured out something that went against everything I wanted and the only way I can keep what I wanted is to close my eyes and pretend it is not there, or use faulty logic.

You seem to be fully capable of that.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 5 users Like Colourcraze's post
26-04-2015, 08:22 PM
(26-04-2015 08:20 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Yes it is my first. No as in I figured out something that went against everything I wanted and the only way I can keep what I wanted is to close my eyes and pretend it is not there, or use faulty logic.

I understand all the words but not in the order they are in.

What are you blabbering about? How about you stop talking in riddles and tell us what happened and why you think god stepped in.

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
26-04-2015, 08:23 PM

You don't ''see'' anything different from us, here. You ''imagine'' that you have had an encounter with 'god,' and that is not the same as ''seeing.'' I understand the power that believing in something one cannot see and explain, but it was created by me. The power you are experiencing is coming from within your own mind...if it weren't, then we all would 'see' it.

Faith is about feelings, emotions, and looking for a way to escape reality. If there is another life or not after this one, you should focus on this one...for it may be the only one you have.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
26-04-2015, 08:27 PM

lol wow that sounds familiar, I'm sure something like this happens to clergy men that turn atheist.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post