Take a shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2015, 04:42 PM
Take a shot
(27-04-2015 04:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 04:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I don't know if he is a troll. His Pms to me seem genuine, just not particularly enlightening.

It is always curious that it is hard to discern troll from fundamentalist though. Consider

We took a vote; you can keep him.

I don't care if he is to be "kept" or not. I just don't think he is clearly a troll. He might be trolling at times but that's not quite the same thing.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
27-04-2015, 05:01 PM
RE: Take a shot
(27-04-2015 04:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't think he's a troll either. He's just totally out of his elements here. I don't think he expected this sort of a reaction.

What sort of reception can a fundamentalist expect on an atheist site? Mass conversion?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-04-2015, 05:15 PM
(27-04-2015 05:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 04:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't think he's a troll either. He's just totally out of his elements here. I don't think he expected this sort of a reaction.

What sort of reception can a fundamentalist expect on an atheist site? Mass conversion?

Yes.

If they are deluded enough.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-04-2015, 05:32 PM
(26-04-2015 11:58 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 11:52 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  1. No, I am using your own religion and showing you the errors in its own logic. None of it makes any sense and no christians can truthfully answer these paradoxes that they are required to confront.

2. Ok...seriouslyShocking If you are hearing voices coming from rocks and tree's to do things, That is called paranoid schizophrenia and it is a SERIOUS mental illness. You need to seek help right away from a qualified medical professional.
You did not hear anything, you are lying. you are trying to tell you that a guy who's breaks on his vehicle were going bad is proof god exists an was TALKING TO YOU?! Are you fucking kidding me? Breaks on vehicles break all the time and people need help with all sorts of auto troubles.

3. WTF do you mean by turn the sky to fire? your making no fucking sense what so ever dude.

I think the thing is that your just scared. Terrorfied of the truth. The delusion level in you is apparent that you don't actually believe in any of this nonsense because no one can be that ignorant. It seems to me that you are using double think and trying desparetely your hardest to jump through as many mental hoops as possible to fool yourself into thinking this ancient bullshit is real, so you look at every day normal crap as "signs" that your imaginary friend in the sky is looking out for you and helping you help people.

But the thing is dude, the wind is just the wind. It is not trying to talk to you.

Laughs, thats not how it works. He talks to me through the cracks in the rocks sometimes they look like my calculus and seeing them makes me understand my integrals better. Sometimes he sends an animal to me to tell me something not literally speak. That guy with his brakes was a guy I gave to and told him to read him bible. I am really not jumping through hoops.

1. I leave for a few hours to go to bed and a 10 hour shift at work and you guys kept the party going WITHOUT ME?! ....kudos!

2. So you honestly think that just because you tried hard and long enough to understand something you were just learning until your brain started to correctly assess the problem correctly. You honestly think that is the result of some all powerful being telling you the answers?! Shocking

Are you freaking kidding me?!

[Image: giphy.gif]

You are one looney fucking fruit cake if you actually believe that. Go watch that video I posted earlier and just think to yourself....why the FUCK would an all powerful, all knowing being be THAT fucking concerned with the most impossible to calculate spec in the universe actually give two shits whether or not I am learning math or not and stop everything they are doing to help me.

To even suggest the idea is absolutely astonishingly arrogant, conceited, Pretentious, Ignorant, retarded, Insane, and down right absurd to think that such a being would be that concerned with any of us. To even suggest this is to have absolutely no fucking clue how big the universe actually is or have any idea how insignifigant we are compared to it.

And yet, god created something this massive just for a single species and there is so little going on in your life that he has to be your fucking MATH tutor?

Also, animals approach humans all the time. They are called pets and they want food or attention. Wild animals in towns and cities are not afraid of humans either, so seeing one up close can be explained without god by even a 2 year old.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
27-04-2015, 05:37 PM
(27-04-2015 02:56 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  I searched for truth and I got God in my face he does not send satan if you ask for him. For he is truth and satan is lies.

Ezekiel 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

1 Kings 22:23 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.

2 Chronicles 18:22 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil against thee.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

So we know that your god lies whenever it is convenient for him to do so. We also know that he created evil. Where exactly does Satan lie? If you assume the serpent in the garden is Satan then he seemed to be more honest than god was. In Job he was working with direct permission, if not instruction, from the big boss.

If such a being actually existed it would not be worthy of worship. Luckily there is no evidence that it is anything more than mythology.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 9 users Like unfogged's post
27-04-2015, 05:44 PM
So I wanted to give a rant, since I just got home from my practical final in surveying.

I want to justify my assertion that this new idiot is a coward. He refuses to define what he believes in saying that we aren't able to understand it. But that's not why he won't. We know basically what he's talking about, and he knows it. But he won't come out and put his definitions in because if he does he's stuck with that definition and can't move the goalposts. He'll be tied down and be forced to defend his position in a definite way where he can't wiggle out of it.

There are a couple things he could believe. He could believe in a physical god who speaks things into existence using magic words that lives in the sky as described in the book of Genesis. But he can't say that because the second he says ANY of that we can call him out on it. He knows that kind of god is ridiculous and knows that it's indefensible. Plus such a god would be easy for any of us to tear apart. So he won't admit to it.

But he could say that no, he believes in a god of pure spirit. A disembodied consciousness that exists somewhere else. And that of course he doesn't live in the sky because heaven isn't a physical place (which brings up lots of other problems that we can discuss later). But if he says this he's locked into that and has to justify how a being of consciousness can exist without a physical medium. And if he tries then he is guilty of special pleading, which he would be guilty of in any case in justifying why HIS god is different from any other proposition out there.

Let's add the preposterous Jesus mythology. He doesn't want to defend that because he knows it is indefensible. The idea that a man was born with no human father and was able to raise a man who had begun to rot and then rose back to life after being dead for three days. Then who ascended PHYSICALLY into heaven (which may or may not be a physical place, and if not what happened to the matter of his body?) without ANYONE at the time bothering to record any of it until years later when all the eyewitnesses would be long dead.

Then he has the gall to try and shift the burden of proof and ask why we believe what we believe. As if the two positions are somehow on equal footing. I know why I believe what I do and am willing to defend it. He isn't. That might suggest something about the strength of our positions.

Of course this isn't bringing up the indefensible doctrines which he believes in, based on his own posts. I have yet to hear a theist give any good refutation of my claim that the doctrines of sin and of redemption are inherently morally repugnant.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
27-04-2015, 05:48 PM
(27-04-2015 02:31 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 02:25 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Ya I am in collage I'm going after a minor in math right now why?

Cause your writing skills? It seems that standards in college are somewhat lower that they used to be. Maybe I'm should not be first to throw the stone, considering that my grammar isn't perfect but for Odin sake, do try to write better.

Oh my frick, standards are fairly low. I'm in a university known for creative writing, and many courses that I've taken that are writing intensive have had people who struggle to spell and create proper and understandable sentences. English is usually their primary language as well. In addition, plagiarism is a big problem.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaepora Gaebora's post
27-04-2015, 06:29 PM
This one reminds me of J.E.Walker.
27-04-2015, 07:18 PM
I'm sick and tired of being nice to people like this who come here and give us deepity shit.

Now that you've seen the holy light and realized you're better than us atheists, and then told us how wrong we are, go about your way. You're not explaining anything. You're just regurgitating vague crap that you think is something deep and profound.

You fail to see that your own holy book is full of text that contradicts a lot of what you and your church say. You're either a Poe or unable to think. I'm thinking the latter. So now that you're better than us atheists and will one day revel in what you claim to be the sound of others dying in Hell, you've done your job as a good Christian. Or christen, whatever the hell the spelling of the day is.

Have fun in collage. How you're going to manage to learn math in a collection of artwork is beyond me. I used to teach college; maybe give that a try?

Either way, maybe one day I'll be nice again. But today, sunshine, ain't the day.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
28-04-2015, 12:26 AM
(27-04-2015 05:48 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 02:31 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Cause your writing skills? It seems that standards in college are somewhat lower that they used to be. Maybe I'm should not be first to throw the stone, considering that my grammar isn't perfect but for Odin sake, do try to write better.

Oh my frick, standards are fairly low. I'm in a university known for creative writing, and many courses that I've taken that are writing intensive have had people who struggle to spell and create proper and understandable sentences. English is usually their primary language as well. In addition, plagiarism is a big problem.

Fairly low? Fellow we talking about here is I would say someone who even in university known for low standard would not last long. Hovewer when I am starting to comprehend your post I begin to believe that him being in the college could be the case.

But still...

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.