Take a shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2015, 06:43 AM
RE: Take a shot
(26-04-2015 07:16 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Ok lets try to take turns here. He hit me on an emotional level leaving me in tears and fear. He led me to the logic gap that he has to exist in order for my mind to be of any use and to give meaning. Lastly he changed my desires.

Appeal to emotion

(26-04-2015 07:33 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Imagine a light clicked on and everything you thought is wrong and what is right is now shown, it can not be fully explained. Its like an apple fell from a tree and you just understood gravity.

Proof by assertion

(26-04-2015 07:39 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Ok can we all agree that there is morality in the world? A general morality that we all agree with more or less?

Proof by assertion

(26-04-2015 08:10 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Absolute truth.

It looks like Sye Ten Bruggencate needs a fallacy named after him. Given his love of presuppositional apologetics, we'll go with circular reasoning.

(26-04-2015 08:16 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  How do you know you see? You simply open your eyes and your doing it. You can no more explain sight to a blind man than God to a man that does not know him.
Systematically going down the line, the only thing I was doing was trying to dismiss something to save my sin.

Proof by assertion

(26-04-2015 08:31 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  For it is written all have seen Him but just as a woman that was raped may deny it for it hurts to much to bare so will God be shut to the bottom of your thoughts and denied for the trauma he will cause if exerted is far greater and feared.

Proof by assertion
Not falsifiable

(26-04-2015 08:42 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  How is there no creator to the world?

Proof by assertion
Circular reasoning
Burden of proof is on the one making the assertion

(26-04-2015 08:50 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  No because his mark is on everything he created, the burden is on you. How can a temporal universe exist without an intemporal God?

Special pleading
God of the gaps

(26-04-2015 08:58 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Surely it does God made the Heavens and the Earth, He made reality as we exist in it. Just as a we write code for a computer God wrote the laws of existence. The world to him is as simple as a click is to us. His mark is the mark of order it is the mark of 2+2=4, it is the mark of DNA it is the mark of information, it is the mark of reliable physical law and, it is everywhere.

Proof by assertion
False analogy
Straw man

Ugh. I only made it through seven pages. Is it safe to assume the next 5/6 of this thread are pretty much the same?

I noticed a lot of assertion with healthy doses of circular reasoning. Basically "because I said so" and "because I assume so".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
28-04-2015, 06:48 AM
(28-04-2015 06:43 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I noticed a lot of assertion with healthy doses of circular reasoning. Basically "because I said so" and "because I assume so".

It's highly convincing Dodgy D'you think wally pastors come here to try and brush up their debate skills before going off to fleece their congregations?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-04-2015, 06:48 AM
(28-04-2015 06:43 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 07:16 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Ok lets try to take turns here. He hit me on an emotional level leaving me in tears and fear. He led me to the logic gap that he has to exist in order for my mind to be of any use and to give meaning. Lastly he changed my desires.

Appeal to emotion

(26-04-2015 07:33 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Imagine a light clicked on and everything you thought is wrong and what is right is now shown, it can not be fully explained. Its like an apple fell from a tree and you just understood gravity.

Proof by assertion

(26-04-2015 07:39 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Ok can we all agree that there is morality in the world? A general morality that we all agree with more or less?

Proof by assertion

It looks like Sye Ten Bruggencate needs a fallacy named after him. Given his love of presuppositional apologetics, we'll go with circular reasoning.

(26-04-2015 08:16 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  How do you know you see? You simply open your eyes and your doing it. You can no more explain sight to a blind man than God to a man that does not know him.
Systematically going down the line, the only thing I was doing was trying to dismiss something to save my sin.

Proof by assertion

(26-04-2015 08:31 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  For it is written all have seen Him but just as a woman that was raped may deny it for it hurts to much to bare so will God be shut to the bottom of your thoughts and denied for the trauma he will cause if exerted is far greater and feared.

Proof by assertion
Not falsifiable

(26-04-2015 08:42 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  How is there no creator to the world?

Proof by assertion
Circular reasoning

(26-04-2015 08:50 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  No because his mark is on everything he created, the burden is on you. How can a temporal universe exist without an intemporal God?

Special pleading
God of the gaps

(26-04-2015 08:58 PM)Greenest Desert Wrote:  Surely it does God made the Heavens and the Earth, He made reality as we exist in it. Just as a we write code for a computer God wrote the laws of existence. The world to him is as simple as a click is to us. His mark is the mark of order it is the mark of 2+2=4, it is the mark of DNA it is the mark of information, it is the mark of reliable physical law and, it is everywhere.

Proof by assertion
False analogy
Straw man

Ugh. I only made it through seven pages. Is it safe to assume the next 5/6 of this thread are pretty much the same?

I noticed a lot of assertion with healthy doses of circular reasoning. Basically "because I said so" and "because I assume so".

[Image: giphy.gif]

Tongue Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
28-04-2015, 06:57 AM
How to spot a troll thread.
43 pages of assertions with no real answers.

Slow clap

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
28-04-2015, 07:02 AM
(28-04-2015 06:57 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  How to spot a troll thread.
43 pages of assertions with no real answers.

Slow clap

Never miss a chance for a slow clap gif! Tongue

[Image: slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif]

28-04-2015, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2015 07:11 AM by Bucky Ball.)

God of the gaps argument also. Need for cognitive closure and intolerance of ambiguity are psychological problems, not evidence for the gods.

Argumentum ad ignoratium.

Morality is driven by Evolution and survival. There is no general agreement about what is or is not "moral". Rats have empathy. Bonobo apes exhibit empathic behaviors.

The term in relationship to any god is meaningless. See Euthyphro's Dilemma.

Sighted people who become blind, and blind people who gain sight report they DO understand color and can learn and imagne 3D environments. Simply false.

Written where ? No reference. Many ex-religious people would do anything to be able to go back to their emotional childhood, and regain their "faith". Intellectual honesty precludes that.

"Creation" in the absence of spacetime (as Dr. Sean Carroll explained to WLC is meaningless in the conditions assumed). Chaos theory and Physics and Evolutionary Biology have all presented plausible pathways to many things we observe. This "argument from intuitive logic" has been proven false.
Creation ("coming from") cannot be used until spacetime is already extant.

Argumentum ad ignorantium. Intemporal gods cannot "act". Creation by an infinite intemporal god is an oxymoron.

DNA contains the many many mistakes made in the process of Evolution, and demonstrates an unintelligent designer. Most all of it's creatures have gone extinct, and were poorly designed. A real god could make life happen without DNA or a flawed coding system.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-04-2015, 07:10 AM
(28-04-2015 07:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  DNA contains the many many mistakes made in the process of Evolution, and demonstrates an unintelligent designer. Most all of it's creatures have gone extinct, and were poorly designed. A real god could make life happen without DNA or a flawed coding system.

"Oh, and by the way, your main source of warmth and light? It also gives you cancer."
-God

Rolleyes

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-04-2015, 07:14 AM
(28-04-2015 07:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  "Oh, and by the way, your main source of warmth and light? It also gives you cancer."
-God

Mysterious ways, yo.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
28-04-2015, 07:26 AM
(28-04-2015 07:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Most all of it's creatures have gone extinct, and were poorly designed. A real god could make life happen without DNA or a flawed coding system.

Bible says death and suffering didn't occur until after the fall of man, even though there were several mass extinction events millions and hundreds of millions of years before mankind existed.

Oh and there were no carnivores until after the flood. Hobo

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
28-04-2015, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2015 10:40 AM by Greenest Desert.)
I hit my limit yesterday for posting. I see no point in continuing this argument I do not reason with children when when their not listening I have even less reason to reason with adults when they act like children and mock people. Even if I was wrong there are about three or five of you that have any qualities to desire and more of you that have no care for thought beside your own mockery. I am ashamed for many of you. My moral code is greater to anything I have seen you act like as a group. Indicating to me that even if I was wrong there is nothing to turn away for. In short your conduct with confronting have had much more effect on my mind than your reason. You will be prayed for.