Take that Misogyny!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2017, 05:46 PM
RE: Take that Misogyny!
(16-08-2017 02:25 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 01:53 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Yaaaaay Libya, you rock!

Lebanon. Drinking Beverage

OH I was wondering where Liban was.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
16-08-2017, 05:56 PM
(16-08-2017 05:46 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 02:25 PM)Vera Wrote:  Lebanon. Drinking Beverage

OH I was wondering where Liban was.

Sorry, I wrote it in french as I got this info from a francophone newsletter. I wrote it a bit fast and forgot to translate it. Yes, it's indeed Lebanon. I must mention though that this law might still applied in the case of pedophile who targetted girls younger than 15. At least, it's the case in Jordan.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
16-08-2017, 06:13 PM
It did seem weird. I remember thinking: How the fuck could this kind of backwards-ass thinking be going on in Libya? Lebanon, well, duh.

16-08-2017, 06:47 PM
(16-08-2017 06:13 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  It did seem weird. I remember thinking: How the fuck could this kind of backwards-ass thinking be going on in Libya? Lebanon, well, duh.

That's the problem. Libya is amongst the country where this is still going on. Lebanon has made more progress toward women's right to equality than Libya were such a law still exist.

16-08-2017, 08:04 PM
OH geeze. Fucking glad they changed that....

List of people I would possibly have to marry under that law
1. Dad
2. Girl named Dawn
3. ugh... I'm sick of thinking about this lets talk about something else.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
16-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Correction, Pretty sure over there I would have been stoned to death at 1 year old (aprox, was still in diapers don't really remember it very well) for being raped by a man. Cause you know they hate Gay people I'm pretty sure.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
16-08-2017, 09:42 PM
It pays to speak more than one language and realise that countries have different names in different languages, I guess Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
14-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Little adendum to this story, Tunisia, after repealing a law that forced a virgin rape victim to marry her rapist in July, just repealed its law preventing Muslim women to marry non-Muslim men (the other way around was already legal). Its also probable that the the law stipulating that a women can only inherit half of what a men can will also be repealed in the next few months. I hope this type of changes will spread to the Muslim Oummat. After decades of work, feminist organisation are finally able to make some important legislative gain for women.

[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post