Taken For Granted

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2012, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2012 09:58 PM by Hughsie.)
Taken For Granted
Fuck... I am currently on Skype with FSM_scot, Hughsie, and Firdinand annnnddd I am crying.

Of course I am doing my hardest to hide it, because I don't want it to ruin the discussion in the call now, but I just need to get this out...

I guess the reason why I wanted to share is because the mixture of feelings in me, of sadness, loss, and regret, were welling up indie me to a point where I thought sharing it would be the best course of action. This is not really a rant, but more like a realization of my emotions.

My real dad is dead.

I found out about two hours ago, and it has been on my mind since...

It feels kinda strange, mourning a man whom you have never really met, nor even known what his personality was, but there I go.

To be honest, I always thought that I would be able to meet him, talk to him, find out why I couldn't stay, but now... I'll never get the chance to sit down with my real father and look into his eyes to see something...paternal in there. I guess, my only reason for wanting to talk to him so badly was because I wanted so badly, even if it was soo unrealistic, to see him show some fatherly care to him.

Now, I have lost the chance to catch up with my father forever.

On days like these, I wish there was an afterlife to help rekindle the hope I had to converse with my biological precursor... But, I am perceptive enough to know that even if I did start believing, it wouldn't be reality changing, but my perception of it.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2012, 11:14 PM
RE: Taken For Granted
Aw, that sucks to hear Steve. Of course you are crying, it is still a loss, and one that means a lot to you. I would do the same thing.

It might not be any comfort right now, but perhaps there are puzzle pieces you could work with. What did he do, where did he live, people that knew him? Perhaps they can help with some of that gap.

Thinking of you! Let me know if I can do anything to help.
14-10-2012, 11:20 PM
So sad, so sorry for your loss!

I'm with Lady Jane. Maybe you can, sometime soon, find some of your father's family. I'm sure they can tell you special things about him.
again, so sorry.
14-10-2012, 11:52 PM
I am really terrible at dealing with death myself so I wouldn't be able to give you any meaningful advice but I hope you can find solace, and peace of mind. When I lose a family member, friend, or comrade I let it serve as a reminder of how short our time really is and let it inspire me to do the things I want while I still can.

15-10-2012, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2012 12:28 AM by Free Thought.)
Sucks to read man, my condolences.

.... Then again, I don't think this is a thread I should be involved with.

I'm the guy who wants to go to funerals, just because I like to watch the people.
(Revision)Whether one is involved or not is a moot point, I am unapologetic and uncaring in similar situations..

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Maybe you can still meet him in a way. No, there is no afterlife as far as any of us know. That being said though, how long ago did he die? Do you know anything about him at all? Such as a name. Did he have any other kids that might have actually known him? If you have the means to get there and a picture of him, you might be able to investigate a little. If you can talk to someone that really knew him and maybe get some old home movies that he might have been in, you can know at least something about him. If you want some help on investigating, you can IM me here. I have a skype account as well.
15-10-2012, 04:47 AM
hey A2, sorry for your loss! Very understandable that you cry over this. He was your chance to remove a lot of questionmarks. Did your parents talk to you about this or just give you the raw info?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-10-2012, 05:59 AM
(15-10-2012 04:47 AM)Leela Wrote:  hey A2, sorry for your loss! Very understandable that you cry over this. He was your chance to remove a lot of questionmarks. Did your parents talk to you about this or just give you the raw info?

The latter

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
15-10-2012, 06:12 AM
I'm sorry for the loss. It sucks to know that your wish for a future meeting won't be possible. Hug

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
15-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Sorry to hear, Steve. It's normal to cry. Strange as it all feels, I hope you deal with it okay. *gives you a big ol' hug*

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]