Taking A Break From The Forum To Deal With Personal Stress

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Taking A Break From The Forum To Deal With Personal Stress
As I posted in an earlier thread today, I've been stressed from dealing with family issues concerning my upcoming wedding. Now I have just received an email from my school's principal that one of my students has died. This is the second student I've lost in the last 5 months. I work in special needs, so our students have a shorter life expectancy, but to lose 2 since April has really got me troubled. Our classroom is already understaffed, and it has taken a huge toll on everybody in our room. Add in the loss of two students and my current family issues with my wedding, and it becomes too much to deal with. The extra stress has also resulted in an increase in seizures. Coming home and discussing hot topics like religion and politics isn't exactly a good way to lower stress levels, so I think it's best that I take a break.

I love taking part in the discussions here, and being a part of this community. MSBB, Chas, Impulse, KC, Anjele, MonsterRiffs, Dom, Morondog, Girlyman, DLJ, Rev, Kim, Evenheathen, and all the others (you know who you are Smile), it's been great. I plan on eventually coming back, but for now I need to really focus on my own personal health. I didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring them in threads that I have started, or been taking part in the discussion.

All the best to everyone!

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
12-09-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: Taking A Break From The Forum To Deal With Personal Stress
Enjoy your wedding and honeymoon. Smile Hope to see you back soon.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
12-09-2014, 10:03 PM
(12-09-2014 09:47 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  As I posted in an earlier thread today, I've been stressed from dealing with family issues concerning my upcoming wedding. Now I have just received an email from my school's principal that one of my students has died. This is the second student I've lost in the last 5 months. I work in special needs, so our students have a shorter life expectancy, but to lose 2 since April has really got me troubled. Our classroom is already understaffed, and it has taken a huge toll on everybody in our room. Add in the loss of two students and my current family issues with my wedding, and it becomes too much to deal with. The extra stress has also resulted in an increase in seizures. Coming home and discussing hot topics like religion and politics isn't exactly a good way to lower stress levels, so I think it's best that I take a break.

I love taking part in the discussions here, and being a part of this community. MSBB, Chas, Impulse, KC, Anjele, MonsterRiffs, Dom, Morondog, Girlyman, DLJ, Rev, Kim, Evenheathen, and all the others (you know who you are Smile), it's been great. I plan on eventually coming back, but for now I need to really focus on my own personal health. I didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring them in threads that I have started, or been taking part in the discussion.

Please take care of yourself and come back when you can.

Good luck with the family and the wedding. Have a great honeymoon.
Of course I would be remiss in not adding "Pics or it didn't happen". Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-09-2014, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 10:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-09-2014 09:47 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Coming home and discussing hot topics like religion and politics isn't exactly a good way to lower stress levels, so I think it's best that I take a break.

No reason to leave. Just avoid those topics and vent as needed in the Personal Issues and Support section. That's what it's for. A release valve.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-09-2014, 10:39 PM
(12-09-2014 09:47 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  As I posted in an earlier thread today, I've been stressed from dealing with family issues concerning my upcoming wedding. Now I have just received an email from my school's principal that one of my students has died. This is the second student I've lost in the last 5 months. I work in special needs, so our students have a shorter life expectancy, but to lose 2 since April has really got me troubled. Our classroom is already understaffed, and it has taken a huge toll on everybody in our room. Add in the loss of two students and my current family issues with my wedding, and it becomes too much to deal with. The extra stress has also resulted in an increase in seizures. Coming home and discussing hot topics like religion and politics isn't exactly a good way to lower stress levels, so I think it's best that I take a break.

[img][Image: bearhug2_zps41926f06.jpg][/img]

Take your time and take care of yourself and all the other things going on.

When I was in 8th grade we had a class of special needs 9 year olds at our middle/high school, because we had room for them there. I volunteered there nearly every day. One Monday I came in and one of the little girls wasn't there (I hate that I don't remember her name but I can still see her face and her little glasses). I didn't think much of it because the kids in the class were often sick. Then I found out she had died over the weekend. I was stunned and saddened and have never forgotten her and the funny stories she would tell me with the most serious expressions on her face. She had the most wonderful sense of humor and way of looking at things.

I am so terribly sorry for the loss.

We will leave the light on for you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
13-09-2014, 12:47 AM
(((Hug)))
Enjoy your wedding. See you soon!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
13-09-2014, 12:53 AM
Two words... Ranting Corner.

Use it!

Thumbsup

See you soon, I hope, under better circumstances.

13-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Please take care of yourself first, and come back when you feel the time is right.

Hug

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
14-09-2014, 08:12 PM
Weddings are wonderful but stressful too. Along with your other concerns I totally understand if you take a break. In the mean time....

Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Be well brother. Congrats in advance and I hope everything goes smooth for you.

Hate to hear about the kid. That's never an easy deal. Just try to keep a good perspective on things. Come back and hit us up when you're ready. Yes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco