Taking Some Time Off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2013, 11:32 AM

Taking Some Time Off
I don't think I'm going to be doing a lot with my ministry for a bit. I'm in the middle of writing a memoir about all the religious adventures that led me to become a heretical Christian and write my own Bible and start my own religion. In doing so, however, I'm reliving a lot of pain from my life and it's causing me to become quite depressed again.

I can handle the depression, because this memoir has to be finished. God has commanded me to write it the same as he did with the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. But it saps all the fight out of me, and I just can't battle atheists at this time. I'm makeing a strategic retreat until this work is completed.

I will check my forum and address posts there. I will keep checking all the other forums I'm in and respond to posts here and there, but I just can't fight right now. I'll have to leave that to others for the next few months or so.

I wish I could relate what this is like for me. The bizzare nature of my early life has taken a lot of mental energy to ignore, and now I can't. I thought the memoir would be fun, but it's like a kind of mental crucifixion. Still, if God says hang on a cross--you hang on a cross. Maybe something good will come out of it. I'm 10,000 words into it now.
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: Taking Some Time Off
(12-04-2013 11:32 AM)Egor Wrote:  ...
Maybe something good will come out of it.

I, for one, hope so.

Good luck with it.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
12-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Sometimes I'm ashamed at myself for hating you Ed. Although I only do it because of the way you treat people on here.

I agree with the sentiments of DLJ above ^^^^^

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
12-04-2013, 11:51 AM

(12-04-2013 11:47 AM)bemore Wrote:  Sometimes I'm ashamed at myself for hating you Ed. Although I only do it because of the way you treat people on here.

Yes, your hate is my fault. How could it be otherwise?
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2013, 11:54 AM
(12-04-2013 11:51 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 11:47 AM)bemore Wrote:  Sometimes I'm ashamed at myself for hating you Ed. Although I only do it because of the way you treat people on here.

I sense sarcasm.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
12-04-2013, 12:10 PM

Can't say it any better.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-04-2013, 12:11 PM
(12-04-2013 11:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 11:51 AM)Egor Wrote:  Yes, your hate is my fault. How could it be otherwise?

I sense sarcasm.

I sense depression.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-04-2013, 12:56 PM
(12-04-2013 11:51 AM)Egor Wrote:  

I hate the way you act and treat people. These are your characteristics. I don't hate your faith or your beliefs, however you hate everyone's on here that doesn't match your own.

It appears that you wish to be superior over people, and you get some sense of satisfaction from this. In one breathe you will deny this and in another you will blast somebody for being an atheist.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
12-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Good luck Ed. Shoot me an email and let me know how things are going. I missed a couple over the last while, but I'm feeling more myself lately.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
12-04-2013, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 05:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Yeah right. That's what he said last time. "I'll be gone until Easter".
2 day s later he shows up.
Who cares ? Why must he *inform* the world about his doings.
This really is all just attention seeking.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post