Taking Some Time Off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2013, 08:35 PM

RE: Taking Some Time Off
(12-04-2013 01:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  Cheers Egor. Sorry about the depression. Hope you get around to writing more novels soon - I think the one I read was good.

Thanks, but I don't see a lot of novels in my future.

(12-04-2013 06:09 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Rest up and get some good food and wine in Thumbsup . Also, if the depression becomes too much, I hope you get an "okay" to take some time off even from your writing. You want your memoirs to come out okay, and if anything, I feel moods that have nothing to do with what I'm writing can affect what I'm writing, whether or not it's about myself.

I hear you. I only have a couple more chapters that are from the dark past. Then I get into the greater adventures. It's just that I want people who read it to be able to see how I got to where I am today. I want them to have the whole story. Reading Seth Andrews' memoir is what inspired me to write this one. He did a really good job of it in the first third of the book. I think I can keep the pages turning from cover to cover.

I don't intend to preach at all. I will talk about how I got certain ideas, but I will not try to "make the case" for anything. This memoir is going to be all about the arc. How I got from a to b. There have been so many bizzare adventures. I'm hoping that people will read it and say, "Yeah, God did raise this guy to be this prophet." I mean, that's the purpose of it. Yet that requires going back to times when there was a lot of abuse at the hands of some very religious people.

So, you're a writer, too? What do you write?
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2013, 08:45 PM

(12-04-2013 08:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And what happens some time in the future when it sinks in to him that said friends are in fact never going to convert to his religion? Are said friends going to remain his friends? I'm sure said friends will remain friends in their eyes, but Egor is pretty unstable...

Does anyone actually convert to something like Veridicanism? I think it's more like people will read what I write, watch what I video, and debate ideas online. The First Veridican Church is there to serve, not be served.

The ministry not going as well as you'd like huh Egor?

No. I thought I'd have a private jet by now.

Quote:Have you tried putting "adorable cat" or "celebrity boobs" in your youtube video titles? You might get a few more then 20views.

My foundational skill is in writing. If I write a book people want to read, everything else will fall into place.
12-04-2013, 08:59 PM

I'm actually wondering whether atheists even go to hell. I'm actually wondering whether it even matters what one believes "philosophically." What one does is what one believes. I think Jesus was pretty clear on that in a few different parables.

It seems to me, the more I read the Gospel, that it is those who reject Christ that go to hell. In other words, there are those who would pound the nails into Christ on the cross, and those who would weep at the base of it, and that is not proved by the philosophical stance one takes in debate.

Don't you find it a bit interesting that Jesus never said believe in God. He said believe in him.

And I go to the Christian web sites, and I can't stay in them very long, because I'm afriad I'll start hating God and Christ. I have to go to atheist websites to remain clear and focused. It's not the atheists who threaten my faith, it's the traditional Christians, the ancient Christians, the Cro-Magnon Christians who I really believe nail Christ to the cross again and again.

And then I listen to William Lane Craig--he's an amazing philosopher in my opinion. He really knows how to nail the arguments. So why is it when he's all done--I don't feel stronger in my faith?

Is it because believing in God is irrelevant? Is it because what matters is Christ, and Christ isn't proved that way. Christ is proved by the example of those in Christ, right? I mean, if God exists as I define God, as the fundamental monistic consciousness, what difference does it make if we believe in Him or not?

We don't go to hell for not believing in God. We go to hell if we are one of the people who would have nailed Christ to the cross.

...I just can't stop typing. Yes, it's true, the census in the hospital is low and we have too much staff on hand. Let's just say I have some free time...and I think I'm starting to feel better.
12-04-2013, 09:29 PM
(12-04-2013 08:59 PM)Egor Wrote:  Don't you find it a bit interesting that Jesus never said believe in God. He said believe in him.

And I go to the Christian web sites, and I can't stay in them very long, because I'm afriad I'll start hating God and Christ.

Please explain, are you saying Jesus and God and Christ are not one and the same to you?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2013, 09:31 PM
(12-04-2013 08:59 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm actually wondering whether atheists even go to hell. I'm actually wondering whether it even matters what one believes "philosophically." What one does is what one believes. I think Jesus was pretty clear on that in a few different parables.

It seems to me, the more I read the Gospel, that it is those who reject Christ that go to hell. In other words, there are those who would pound the nails into Christ on the cross, and those who would weep at the base of it, and that is not proved by the philosophical stance one takes in debate.

Don't you find it a bit interesting that Jesus never said believe in God. He said believe in him.

And I go to the Christian web sites, and I can't stay in them very long, because I'm afriad I'll start hating God and Christ. I have to go to atheist websites to remain clear and focused. It's not the atheists who threaten my faith, it's the traditional Christians, the ancient Christians, the Cro-Magnon Christians who I really believe nail Christ to the cross again and again.

And then I listen to William Lane Craig--he's an amazing philosopher in my opinion. He really knows how to nail the arguments. So why is it when he's all done--I don't feel stronger in my faith?

Is it because believing in God is irrelevant? Is it because what matters is Christ, and Christ isn't proved that way. Christ is proved by the example of those in Christ, right? I mean, if God exists as I define God, as the fundamental monistic consciousness, what difference does it make if we believe in Him or not?

We don't go to hell for not believing in God. We go to hell if we are one of the people who would have nailed Christ to the cross.

...I just can't stop typing. Yes, it's true, the census in the hospital is low and we have too much staff on hand. Let's just say I have some free time...and I think I'm starting to feel better.

I was taught all the people who "persecuted" jesus were part of the divine plan and were "saved" from damnation because they were all cogs in the wheel...

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

12-04-2013, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2013 06:55 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-04-2013 08:59 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm actually wondering whether atheists even go to hell. I'm actually wondering whether it even matters what one believes "philosophically." What one does is what one believes. I think Jesus was pretty clear on that in a few different parables.

Unfortunately, he never said anything of the sort. He said, "come follow me", not, or ever "come *believe* in me", or "come worship me". There is not quote that scholars agree actually was one of the authentic or likely sayings, where he actually says that. Before you start doing Babble quotes, be prepared to prove whatever you say, that he said. The followers made it all up later. No one can remember what anyone said 40 years ago.

The thing is with Egsy and his virulent miltaristic anti-atheism, it the same thing (for Ed) with atheism, as it is for a raving homophobic anti-homosexual, rantiing about alternate sexualities He's in denial about his atheism, which is why he is so virulent about it. The person he's really trying to convince is himself. Just as the homophobic really doesn't hate gays, what they really hate is what they perceive to be the possibility of something totally unacceptable in themselves. It happens over and over and over. And just like all the ranting preachers, who preach against it, yet secretly themselves are engaged in it, and who end up having "slips", or "backsliding", "oh the devil made me do it", Egsy did so here when he had his little anti-religious epidsode. And just like the gays who try it, and cannot accept it for a while, yet inevitable return to it, even after attempts at "conversion therapy", Egsy went back to religion, to get his conversion therapy. ANd it's not working. No wonder he's depressed. It's just a ''coming out" phase. He knows he is an atheist. ALl the theist sites have banned him, as whatever he means by it, his "god" means nothing like what everyone else means when they say that word. He has created a god, that is acceptable to himself, so he does not have to admit, he really does not believe in whatever it is 99.999 % of humans mean, when they say that word. So he can still call himself a believer, even though he has completely, without any background, reinvented his own little cult for himslf, so he can still tell himself he's not a non-believer, and still not have the pain and the need to admit to himself he's not a believer. It's a nice fake fantasy position that is useful as he is horrified/terrified/mortified that he might actually be an atheist. So he over-compensates. In fact his "monism" is utter nonsense. No philospoher or theologian buys that stuff. If something is "everything", then it''s actually nothing, as it has no identity. A god with no identity is a nothing.

The ranting, the moods, the condescension, the being a jerk .... all symptoms of someone with gigantic inner turmoil.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-04-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm still getting to know the people around here and although I disagree with you Egor, I think I'm beginning to like you. I wish you well.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
13-04-2013, 06:08 AM
(12-04-2013 08:59 PM)Egor Wrote:  We don't go to hell for not believing in God. We go to hell if we are one of the people who would have nailed Christ to the cross.
You're saying that I don't have to worry about going to hell anymore? Oh my! Ohmy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
13-04-2013, 06:14 AM
(13-04-2013 06:08 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 08:59 PM)Egor Wrote:  We don't go to hell for not believing in God. We go to hell if we are one of the people who would have nailed Christ to the cross.
You're saying that I don't have to worry about going to hell anymore? Oh my! Ohmy

I wouldn't have minded nailing Mary Mags, but nailing Jesus would've been more up Bucky's alley. So to speak.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
13-04-2013, 06:50 AM
(12-04-2013 08:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  I think you have a point. For me, it's always been about the battle, but I've never thought about what motivates me to want the battle. Well, in the writing of this memoir, I'm beginning to see why, and I'm not sure it's a good thing.

I think we learn a lot from the outside world, that what is apart from us be it other people, animals and everything contained on this planet. I think we can get caught up in these things and almost become "drones" to our daily routines and a slave to our beliefs.

The most learning I have ever gotten isn't from looking at the outside world, it is from looking inwards at myself. It takes a lot of honesty and bravery to face ourselves but at the same time it can be the most liberating thing.

I am sorry that your feeling depressed, i've been there and still go through the motions every now and again.

Ill share some of my poetry for you to check out where I have looked inwards, maybe you can relate to a point or take something from it in your own personal quest.

Infinity.......and the slice of it I cling to.
So precious, but I really dont appreciate how much yet.
My life.....this "I".....whose significance I pass through.
Time, space and imagination....limited to a mere moment.

What is it I experience...
I ask whilst experiencing it...
Why should I live...
I ask whilst living it...
What is the purpose...
I ask whilst fullfilling it...
.......where will it end??? In a universe infinitly old.....

Unimaginable pain and fear.....that I have tasted.
I know it exists yet how do I erase it???
I can try the best for me.........but what of them???
Whats good for me....isnt necesarily whats needed by all men.

Even if I could bear this shoulder of responsibility.
Nobody gave this task......I take it upon willingly.
Yet I ask who am I to set the rules of life and law.
I am not owner of the animals, lands or shore.

I am nobody except my own keeper....only I can take myself into the future.
But I am still only part of the "whole".....to find a place to fit in is my lifelong goal.

I cannot speak of how I feel.
Although this does not make it any less real.
How can I convey what I know.
The things only experience can show.

Sometimes im lost and sometimes im found.
Sometimes im up and sometimes im down.
Sometimes im me but mostly I act......
.....in accordance with circumstances that I deem as apt.

I think I know me but who am I.
Can the true me be seen with the eye
Can the real me be touched and carresed
Or will the real me die lonely
Never understanding why

Sometimes it rains...huge looming and ominous storms.But is not raing outside.... its raining in me.

I tell myself I have control over life.Yet this independent will can do nothing but hold on and weather the emotional storm... at its mercy.

Covering oneselfs up... remembering sunny days... waiting for a break in the clouds.

I hope you find peace and what you are looking for Edward.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.