Taking Some Time Off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2013, 02:31 PM

RE: Taking Some Time Off
(12-04-2013 09:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Please explain, are you saying Jesus and God and Christ are not one and the same to you?

They are. Actually, I have no idea why I said, "I wonder if one even needs to believe in God," because you have to believe in Christ, and Jesus Christ made that blatantly obvious, and Christ is God. You can't believe in Christ without believing in God. I think what I might actually wonder is what comes first?

Is it an emotional bond we have to Christ that leads us to a belief in God, or do we start with God and become led to the idea of Christ?
Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2013, 02:33 PM
(13-04-2013 02:31 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 09:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Please explain, are you saying Jesus and God and Christ are not one and the same to you?

They are. Actually, I have no idea why I said, "I wonder if one even needs to believe in God," because you have to believe in Christ, and Jesus Christ made that blatantly obvious, and Christ is God. You can't believe in Christ without believing in God. I think what I might actually wonder is what comes first?

Is it an emotional bond we have to Christ that leads us to a belief in God, or do we start with God and become led to the idea of Christ?

Neither. The lack of evidence leads us to believe none of that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-04-2013, 02:35 PM

(12-04-2013 10:18 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I'm still getting to know the people around here and although I disagree with you Egor, I think I'm beginning to like you. I wish you well.

Thanks, Heathan. Glad we're getting to know each other. Yes
Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2013, 03:01 PM
(12-04-2013 08:35 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 01:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  Cheers Egor. Sorry about the depression. Hope you get around to writing more novels soon - I think the one I read was good.

Thanks, but I don't see a lot of novels in my future.

(12-04-2013 06:09 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Rest up and get some good food and wine in Thumbsup . Also, if the depression becomes too much, I hope you get an "okay" to take some time off even from your writing. You want your memoirs to come out okay, and if anything, I feel moods that have nothing to do with what I'm writing can affect what I'm writing, whether or not it's about myself.

I hear you. I only have a couple more chapters that are from the dark past. Then I get into the greater adventures. It's just that I want people who read it to be able to see how I got to where I am today. I want them to have the whole story. Reading Seth Andrews' memoir is what inspired me to write this one. He did a really good job of it in the first third of the book. I think I can keep the pages turning from cover to cover.

I don't intend to preach at all. I will talk about how I got certain ideas, but I will not try to "make the case" for anything. This memoir is going to be all about the arc. How I got from a to b. There have been so many bizzare adventures. I'm hoping that people will read it and say, "Yeah, God did raise this guy to be this prophet." I mean, that's the purpose of it. Yet that requires going back to times when there was a lot of abuse at the hands of some very religious people.

So, you're a writer, too? What do you write?

The last big project I undertook was writing the complete script of Monty Python's The Holy Grail. I was too poor to buy the script. Big Grin

My writing skills are best employed towards fantasy/fiction, but I sometimes dabble in science fiction as well. I learned my lesson as a teen to stay away from fan fiction writing. I was only good at mash ups back then and there are only so many running jokes you can do with Bill & Ted. Confused

I also used to dabble in creating story-lines for video games. Creating the universe of a game can be time-consuming, but if you "play it write" then you end up finding errors of continuity a lot easier. My buddy in the Maritimes is the brains behind putting those story-lines into actual playable games. He made an awesome Y2K bug parody game and was featured in Mac Addict.

Nowadays it's just fun and games, really. Focusing on getting into College so it's pretty much all work and no play for me... for now. Yes

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Time to revisit the Dino Book. Looking for more ideas. kingschosen 51 630 10-06-2014 05:17 PM
Last Post: Dark Light
Tongue Okay, It's time for an change Alex_Leonardo 6 144 28-05-2014 06:50 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  [split] First time drug experience Cathym112 557 6,810 14-03-2014 12:30 PM
Last Post: Full Circle
  Daylight Savings Time Crulax 40 667 11-03-2014 03:43 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  First time drug experience BlackMason 51 1,519 07-03-2014 08:25 AM
Last Post: itsnotmeitsyou
  Lets try that again......when we go to Mars, lets get it right this time Bows and Arrows 36 533 05-03-2014 04:06 PM
Last Post: Free Thought
Rainbow End Time. Mr Woof 39 750 01-02-2014 12:34 AM
Last Post: LadyJane