Taking a step back.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2016, 07:11 PM
RE: Taking a step back.....
(01-01-2016 07:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-01-2016 06:32 PM)bemore Wrote:  I have been getting advice from other hypnotherapist's on a group I belong to on facebook and none of them say they get any work from Phone books, which is why I have not bothered going down that route (Maybe I could be missing something there). I have been learning about keywords and SEO's but I am a useless at websites. I paid a local company to design and make my website and I don't have control over it. I did enquire about a month ago with them about improving my SEO but I was told I needed to speak to the guy who own's the company and he was on holiday for a few weeks. I will enquire on Monday but I have a feeling he may try and wrap it up in some sort of package and charge me for it.

I suppose im going to have to look into making my own website with something like wix.com or something for me to have 100% control over it. I really do appreciate your help though Dom and I will be asking you for some advice I think in the short term.

Thank you Hug

I know my feeling of being a fraud is irrational. Its just part of the negative self talk I sometimes go through. I have been to see counsellors in the past and I did a few sessions of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy that helped me a lot. I could consider going back to my Doc's but to be honest I don't think I'm that bad (not compared to how I used to get). I don't think I will ever get rid of my depression, its just about handling it which I seem to be able to do now. I sometimes still get negative thoughts and feelings but I'm a lot better at lifting myself up. I think this recent bout is due to stress of the unknown, plus my not eating properly. I do seem to get worse through winter, I dunno, possibly some Seasonal Affective Disorder? I think I should try some vitamin D supplements.

I don't have the balls to move anywhere new. I have always lived where I have and its a big place and all my friends and family are here. I think the market everywhere is becoming saturated.

Just listening/reading and giving me straight advice is already helping a lot.

Yeah this is my website...

http://www.puremindhypnosis.co.uk/

I have gotten new clients through referrals and through my facebook page. My website turns up on page 5 of google.

It's an attractive and informative website, but I strongly suggest you change the text to be in the first person, especially the section entitled "About Me". Yes

Also you are a very handsome man, maybe post a pic of you smiling? It might come off as more welcoming to potential clients. Also I love the black suit but some people subconsciously associate the color black with a negative vibe. Maybe a more neutral-colored suit? These are just my opinions, I think you look great, but you are not marketing to me, you are marketing to the masses Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
01-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Taking a step back.....
I have a few thoughts. I apologize if some of them sound short, but they're not. Smile

I wouldn't suggest doing everything other hypnotherapists are doing. If you do, you're going to play for second best. Do something unique that will be the bemore way. I'll give you some examples. In the art world, we can point out a Picasso, Seurat, Mondrian, Pollack, O'Keefe, Ross, or DalĂ­ in a heartbeat. Sure, you can copy them but you're copying them. In writing, Stephen King, Shakespeare, Nicholas Sparks, and Roger Zelazny can be copied. Be inspired but don't copy 100%.

Is there a niche in hypnotherapy or coaching that others haven't filled?

Is there a chance you can do some YouTube videos with generic advice or coaching? It won't increase your business quickly or a huge bunch, but every little bit helps.

Can you write short advice books and out them on Amazon or Smashwords?

Long ago I studied hypnosis and made a few tapes for them. Can you make guided relaxation or similar audio tracks?

Edit: Can you offer coaching via Hangouts or Skype?
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
01-01-2016, 09:25 PM
(01-01-2016 07:11 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(01-01-2016 07:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's an attractive and informative website, but I strongly suggest you change the text to be in the first person, especially the section entitled "About Me". Yes

Also you are a very handsome man, maybe post a pic of you smiling? It might come off as more welcoming to potential clients. Also I love the black suit but some people subconsciously associate the color black with a negative vibe. Maybe a more neutral-colored suit? These are just my opinions, I think you look great, but you are not marketing to me, you are marketing to the masses Wink
I'd get Jenny to help out. Not to sound bad, but sometimes we men need the advice from a woman who mentioned being attractive. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
02-01-2016, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2016 08:01 AM by Dom.)
(01-01-2016 09:23 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Edit: Can you offer coaching via Hangouts or Skype?

Perfect!!! Thumbsup

And the site you have can be used - it's your content. You paid for it. You can take it with you. It's just a matter of paste and copy - and the old site needs to come down once the new one is up or the search engines won't carry you, no dupes allowed.

But if you paid an outfit for a website and they added no SEO you got screwed - no SEO, no visitors.

Maybe try out wordpress? You can play with it at no cost...get your toes wet before deciding the water is too cold.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-01-2016, 01:26 PM
(01-01-2016 07:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's an attractive and informative website, but I strongly suggest you change the text to be in the first person, especially the section entitled "About Me". Yes

Noted, thanks Chas.

Thanks Jenny. I'll look into getting some other photos done.

(01-01-2016 09:23 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Is there a niche in hypnotherapy or coaching that others haven't filled?

My speciality is smoking cessation and when I have used Facebook to advertise it is the main selling point, followed by my other services. I did check out the competition and see what they are doing when I first started, I will have to do some more investigating.

(01-01-2016 09:23 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Is there a chance you can do some YouTube videos with generic advice or coaching? It won't increase your business quickly or a huge bunch, but every little bit helps.

Long ago I studied hypnosis and made a few tapes for them. Can you make guided relaxation or similar audio tracks?

I'm in the process of doing both. My plan was to offer relaxation tracks as a freebie and to give people a taster by hosting them on my facebook page and offering a free download from soundcloud.

(01-01-2016 09:23 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Can you write short advice books and out them on Amazon or Smashwords?

I'm in the process of writing a short self help book on how to manage stress, but writing has never been one of my strongpoint's. I have never heard of Smashwords, I will go and check them out.

(01-01-2016 09:23 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Edit: Can you offer coaching via Hangouts or Skype?

I could do yes. It is something I have considered before and I suppose its something I could easily adapt to. I'm not sure what would happen in a break of connection. I could incorporate that in the pre talk and induction.

(02-01-2016 07:38 AM)Dom Wrote:  

Perfect!!! Thumbsup

And the site you have can be used - it's your content. You paid for it. You can take it with you. It's just a matter of paste and copy - and the old site needs to come down once the new one is up or the search engines won't carry you, no dupes allowed.

But if you paid an outfit for a website and they added no SEO you got screwed - no SEO, no visitors.

Maybe try out wordpress? You can play with it at no cost...get your toes wet before deciding the water is too cold.

I really appreciate all of your advice Dom. I'm currently designing a website on Wix that has a lot of SEO tools that you can use and you have full control of your website.

I'm also going to get in touch tomorrow with the people who did my website and find out my options of what I can do with the site. You are right though, they did rip me off by offering no SEO. Its all a learning process though I suppose.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
02-01-2016, 01:49 PM
(02-01-2016 01:26 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(01-01-2016 09:23 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Can you write short advice books and out them on Amazon or Smashwords?

I'm in the process of writing a short self help book on how to manage stress, but writing has never been one of my strongpoint's. I have never heard of Smashwords, I will go and check them out.
Smashwords has an automatic document converter that can be a major pain in the ass. When I did a test run, I had no problems at all. I didn't use MS Word as they suggest. I used LibreOffice. When you're ready, just ask.
02-01-2016, 02:19 PM
(01-01-2016 07:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-01-2016 06:32 PM)bemore Wrote:  I have been getting advice from other hypnotherapist's on a group I belong to on facebook and none of them say they get any work from Phone books, which is why I have not bothered going down that route (Maybe I could be missing something there). I have been learning about keywords and SEO's but I am a useless at websites. I paid a local company to design and make my website and I don't have control over it. I did enquire about a month ago with them about improving my SEO but I was told I needed to speak to the guy who own's the company and he was on holiday for a few weeks. I will enquire on Monday but I have a feeling he may try and wrap it up in some sort of package and charge me for it.

I suppose im going to have to look into making my own website with something like wix.com or something for me to have 100% control over it. I really do appreciate your help though Dom and I will be asking you for some advice I think in the short term.

Thank you Hug

I know my feeling of being a fraud is irrational. Its just part of the negative self talk I sometimes go through. I have been to see counsellors in the past and I did a few sessions of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy that helped me a lot. I could consider going back to my Doc's but to be honest I don't think I'm that bad (not compared to how I used to get). I don't think I will ever get rid of my depression, its just about handling it which I seem to be able to do now. I sometimes still get negative thoughts and feelings but I'm a lot better at lifting myself up. I think this recent bout is due to stress of the unknown, plus my not eating properly. I do seem to get worse through winter, I dunno, possibly some Seasonal Affective Disorder? I think I should try some vitamin D supplements.

I don't have the balls to move anywhere new. I have always lived where I have and its a big place and all my friends and family are here. I think the market everywhere is becoming saturated.

Just listening/reading and giving me straight advice is already helping a lot.

Yeah this is my website...

http://www.puremindhypnosis.co.uk/

I have gotten new clients through referrals and through my facebook page. My website turns up on page 5 of google.

It's an attractive and informative website, but I strongly suggest you change the text to be in the first person, especially the section entitled "About Me". Yes

^^ That was my first thought as well.

Also:
What Hypnosis Isn't
There is no "Mind Control" on the part of the therapist..
A person under hypnosis cannot be made to do anything they dont want to do, or reveal their innermost secrets.
There is no'trance' in the true sense of the word
It is impossible to get stuck in hypnosis

*don't
*no[space]'trance'

As Dom said - do your own website. These guys can't spell.

Let this be a speed bump, and not a dead end. Thumbsup

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
02-01-2016, 02:24 PM
(01-01-2016 09:23 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Is there a niche in hypnotherapy or coaching that others haven't filled?

Do you like sports? Sports therapy might be a place for you. If not sports, check any of your avocations/hobbies and think along those lines.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
02-01-2016, 03:13 PM

Yeah, you look scary. You need to look friendly and cheerful - no black, crack a smile, What Jenny said!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man