Talents You Wish You Had

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2013, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2013 06:42 PM by ridethespiral.)
RE: Talents You Wish You Had
Yeah wouldn't hurt to be better at music.... I'd also like to paint like Alex Grey and be an F1 driver...and I'd like to be good at some sport, I don't care which one cause I don't care about sports...but I do care about lookin dead sexah, and as I web developer I can tell you that I look like someone who spends a lot of time at his desk.

Heres a little anecdote that would get tossed around on the 'ol bass forum:

Isaac Stern (violinist) was once confronted by a middle age lady after a concert. She gushed "Oh, I'd give my life to play like you!"
"Lady", said Stern acidly, "That I did!"

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2013, 12:06 AM
I wish I had the courage to do whatever I had to do, even if it meant offending everyone in a five-mile radius.

No, you don't have to agree with me on everything. You can argue all you want, since I welcome all viewpoints. Come! Come! Let's have a well-reasoned banter.
Find all posts by this user
30-07-2013, 12:56 AM
I really wish I could tolerate stupidity.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
30-07-2013, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2013 03:05 AM by Dark Light.)
(28-07-2013 07:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  I would like to be able to competently play the guitar.

I have a good guitar, I took lessons, I practiced.

But I suck at it.

Same. I have owned a guitar for 11 years. I don't play much anymore (that's a bit of an understatement), but I did put in a decent amount of time into it. I just ain't that good. I never took proper lessons though, just taught myself. I have been tossing around the idea of selling my guitars and amp for a few years. Maybe I should. Eh, I'll probably at least hold onto my acoustic. It ain't worth anything anyhow. My (good) electric is worth a few sheqels, and my amp is as well.

I am an alright runner. I've ran half-marathons in the past. I just ain't terribly fast. I don't enjoy running at all, but it is beneficial, especially if you are in the military. Back when I had to run a lot shit ton I only got decent times. My fastest mile and a half was 10:36, meanwhile there were a few people around the age of 50 that could do the same in under 8 minutes. I actually threw up after getting my 10:36 time. Dodgy Now that I don't have to run nearly as much now that I am a reservist my mile and a half time is at about 12-12.5 minutes. Well, you know, plus I am getting a bit older. On a bad day, and in bad conditions I might even get close to 13, which has happened to me.

edit: I also which I could be tolerable at singing. I don't want don't even want to wish for too much. I don't wanna be good, just tolerable. I have no range, no pitch control, no singing talent whatsoever. Only person I know who sings worse than me is my father. Oh well, can't have it all I suppose.

30-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Theremin.

And digeridoo. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
30-07-2013, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2013 04:41 PM by Chas.)
(30-07-2013 12:56 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I really wish I could tolerate stupidity.

No you don't. Really you don't. You'd have to be stupid to do that. Consider

Or else post this in the superpowers thread. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-07-2013, 12:59 PM
(30-07-2013 12:56 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I really wish I could tolerate stupidity.

You'll never be able to stand yourself. I'm sorry No
31-07-2013, 01:17 PM
(31-07-2013 12:59 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  

You'll never be able to stand yourself. I'm sorry No

I know, I can't even look at myself in the mirror.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
31-07-2013, 01:29 PM
I wish I could cut my own hair. I mean, it is so long it keeps getting in my eyes.

Dodgy Yeah, I see you there, bangs. Trying to get in my eye... I need to go get a hair cut...

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
31-07-2013, 01:38 PM
(31-07-2013 01:17 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 12:59 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  You'll never be able to stand yourself. I'm sorry No

I know, I can't even look at myself in the mirror.

Hug

(31-07-2013 01:29 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I wish I could cut my own hair. I mean, it is so long it keeps getting in my eyes.

Dodgy Yeah, I see you there, bangs. Trying to get in my eye... I need to go get a hair cut...

I could cut your hair. Blush