Talentshow says "no" because she doesn't believe in God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Talentshow says "no" because she doesn't believe in God
I was watching this video on facebook and as I cannot find the video on youtube I will just link the facebook one:
https://www.facebook.com/GodorNoGod/vide...363863104/

In short, this girl sings her song and as she is done, the judges ask her if she believes in God. (I hope that the subtitles are a bad joke but I think they are at least kind of correct.) When the girl says that she doesn't they start preaching to her that she won't ever get anywhere without God, that he is the only one who can help when she has a bad time which she will at some point, and so on. They actually give her a "no" vote explaining that they will not let her go further because she doesn't believe in God and therefore she cannot win anyway.

You have got to be kidding me!!!

So this 16 year old girl is being told off for simply not believing in a fucking fairytale (i don't even care about her reasons for not believing). They make her feel bad about herself. They make her question her own future. They tell her that she will never get anywhere.
All of that on TV!! Where everybody can see it, her friends, her school mates, everybody.
And get this. The fucking parents behind the curtain are agreeing with what is happening.

Is that the good ethics and the great moral that Christians always talk about? Hey no pressure but we will fuck you up, no matter that you are still a child, but we will fuck you up, right here, on stage, on TV, live in front of an audience, in front of everybody you know, JUST because you do not believe in our heavenly invisible sky daddy.

Fuck this!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
11-08-2016, 04:08 PM
RE: Talentshow says "no" because she doesn't believe in God
It is a religion of death and shame.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
11-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Yeah, she got to preform with Penn Jillette at the Reason rally. I also heared the the judges got reprimanded afterwords, and that the one that started it off was canned.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 7 users Like Commonsensei's post
11-08-2016, 04:20 PM
NICE! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
11-08-2016, 05:15 PM
(11-08-2016 04:11 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Yeah, she got to preform with Penn Jillette at the Reason rally. I also heared the the judges got reprimanded afterwords, and that the one that started it off was canned.
Thumbsup Skip to 2:50 if you've watched the offending BS above.

[+] 4 users Like skyking's post
11-08-2016, 05:35 PM
(11-08-2016 03:55 PM)Leela Wrote:  I was watching this video on facebook and as I cannot find the video on youtube I will just link the facebook one:
https://www.facebook.com/GodorNoGod/vide...363863104/

In short, this girl sings her song and as she is done, the judges ask her if she believes in God. (I hope that the subtitles are a bad joke but I think they are at least kind of correct.) When the girl says that she doesn't they start preaching to her that she won't ever get anywhere without God, that he is the only one who can help when she has a bad time which she will at some point, and so on. They actually give her a "no" vote explaining that they will not let her go further because she doesn't believe in God and therefore she cannot win anyway.

You have got to be kidding me!!!

So this 16 year old girl is being told off for simply not believing in a fucking fairytale (i don't even care about her reasons for not believing). They make her feel bad about herself. They make her question her own future. They tell her that she will never get anywhere.
All of that on TV!! Where everybody can see it, her friends, her school mates, everybody.
And get this. The fucking parents behind the curtain are agreeing with what is happening.

Is that the good ethics and the great moral that Christians always talk about? Hey no pressure but we will fuck you up, no matter that you are still a child, but we will fuck you up, right here, on stage, on TV, live in front of an audience, in front of everybody you know, JUST because you do not believe in our heavenly invisible sky daddy.

Fuck this!

I live in Spanish on a day to day basis and the subtitles were a match for the voices.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
11-08-2016, 05:56 PM
She's good. Those judges are hypocrites who likely slept their way to the top. They would certainly spend loads of time with gay people in show business.

I am so pleased they lost their gig.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
11-08-2016, 06:18 PM
It's good to know there was some positve actions after this shameful display of discrimination. She is talented and beautiful, if she works hard and makes smart choices she will get ahead, that's all anyone needs to hear.

There are so many successful atheists it's not even funny, if someone told me that I would remind them that Bill Gates is an atheist, would he have made billions of more dollars if he was a theist? I know it's not all about money but he's a great example of a successful and generous atheist. There are many others that are healthy, happy, and financially well off, no God needed.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
12-08-2016, 01:35 PM
(11-08-2016 05:15 PM)skyking Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 04:11 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Yeah, she got to preform with Penn Jillette at the Reason rally. I also heared the the judges got reprimanded afterwords, and that the one that started it off was canned.
Thumbsup Skip to 2:50 if you've watched the offending BS above.

Thank you so much for this. I smiled the whole time and am so happy that it had a good end after all Smile
And the song they sing actually nice too. I think I will listen to it for a while and see if I can sing a cover heh Smile

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
12-08-2016, 01:50 PM
What bunch of aholes if she wins she wins by her talent not what she believes

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post