Tales from the crypt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Tales from the crypt
Anyone remember this epic show?

I always wished to be able to explore the entire house in the beginning credits. It just looked so awesome. Like a place that was filled with a lot of super old stuff from all around the world and who knows what else.

One of my favorite episodes was where this one family of a guy and his wife opened a restaurant and were trying to serve squid or something of that like and failing at business. Until a employee suggested they serve steak. He filled their fridge with steaks overnight and business boomed...little did they know. That steak had more sinister origins than they thought.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Shadow Fox's post
04-08-2014, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2014 09:57 PM by Addai.)
RE: Tales from the crypt
Yep That was the first cable TV premium show I got into. I made a point to watch when visiting friends with HBO back in 89-93. And a few years ago, I did start to rewatch on Netflix but never made it past season 1 (My wife has some many other things she wants to watch)

I also was thinking of getting back into it, since I do miss it. A few years back I saw a great horror movie about vampires in Alaska (taking advantage of the time of year with little sunlight) it reminded me of a certain favorite episode of the series.
04-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Another REALLY good one is the Animated Three little Pigs Episode!

AWESOME Cartoon!

04-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Re: Tales from the crypt
It was great and gave me the frights as a kid. Overall though I don't think many episodes are that high quality. But the atmospheric presentation was brilliant.

Twilight zone or Hitchcock Presents I think are better for the spooky episodic shorts.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Did you know that the Terminator (Arnold) was on a episode of tales?

09-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Yes! I loved those spooky shows as a kid. Crypt, Twilight zone, outer limits, etc.
15-08-2014, 06:58 PM
When I was a kid I loved a show called "It's a Mystery"... All weird, creepy stories. Supposedly true.

One episode was about a family who woke up one day to find human faces on their kitchen floor... With a legend about a plague pit under the house.

I didn't sleep for weeks after that.

Unsurprisingly, it turned out to be a hoax... But when you're 6, it still freaks the fuck out of you.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user