Tales that may scare you.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Tales that may scare you.
With Halloween upon us I thought it would be fun to share anything scary. I could be a story, a short film, it could be real or make believe. Just as long as it give's you chills.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
22-10-2015, 04:54 PM
RE: Tales that may scare you.
"The Tell-Tale Heart" by Poe. Also "The Cask of Amontillado" by Poe. He always manages to creep me out.

My middle name comes from one of his poems.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
22-10-2015, 05:41 PM
That first one was actually chilling to me. The second was kind of weird, but made me laugh.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
22-10-2015, 07:55 PM
(22-10-2015 05:41 PM)Fireball Wrote:  That first one was actually chilling to me. The second was kind of weird, but made me laugh.

The reverse was the case for me - the first was just another ghoul, whereas the second suggested all kinds of sinister possibilities. Check out Liam Neeson in "Unknown" for a really good chilling story about an old story: identity usurped. Features Hollywood's own non-melting iceberg: January Jones. Take a jacket.
22-10-2015, 09:04 PM

#sigh
22-10-2015, 09:09 PM
(22-10-2015 04:54 PM)julep Wrote:  My middle name comes from one of his poems.

Annabel Lee?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-10-2015, 09:34 PM
(22-10-2015 09:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Freaky, but not chilling. Can't explain the difference from the first video. YMMV.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
22-10-2015, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2015 09:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-10-2015 09:34 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Freaky, but not chilling. Can't explain the difference from the first video. YMMV.

There was a clown.

#sigh
23-10-2015, 04:05 AM
A guy is sent out of town on a business trip. When he gets to the new town he goes to the hotel to check in. He's given a room key and the busboy takes his suitcase and takes him up to his room. The man tips the busboy and decides to get some sleep seeming as its late.
As he's laying in bed trying to nod off he hears some scratching and crying coming from the room next door. He tries to ignore it but it gets louder and more profound.
After a little while he gets out of bed and puts a robe on. He leaves his room and goes to the room next door's door. He presses his ear to the door but hears nothing so he bends down and peeks through the keyhole. He lets out a little gasp and pulls away quickly when he sees a small girl sitting on the bed with her back facing the door.
After a little while of plucking up the courage he leans back in to look through the keyhole again but instead of seeing the girl all he sees is red.
Puzzeled the man goes back to his room a little creeped out. He hops back into bed and not before long he falls asleep.

The following day as he's cheeking out he tells the receptionist that the person in the room next to his was making scratching and crying noises last night. The receptionist gives him a puzzled look and tells him that they haven't rented that room out in years since the incident. The man, puzzled, asks what incident.
The receptionist explains that a young girl was strangled to death in that room. She scratched him and had his DNA under her fingernails so they quickly were able to catch the killer though.
The receptionist wipes a tear from her eye and says that she was the one that found the poor girls body. She said that the poor girl had gone completely pale white the only colour left in her was her eyes which had gone completely red from the blood.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-10-2015, 04:26 AM
(22-10-2015 09:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-10-2015 04:54 PM)julep Wrote:  My middle name comes from one of his poems.

Annabel Lee?

Lenore. But Lenore not from The Raven, Lenore from "Lenore." Annabel Lee is a better poem IMO. I dodged a bullet, though--my mom could have named me "Eulalie" or "Ulalume."

"Ah, broken is the golden bowl! the spirit flown forever!
Let the bell toll!- a saintly soul floats on the Stygian river;
And, Guy de Vere, hast thou no tear?- weep now or nevermore!
See! on yon drear and rigid bier low lies thy love, Lenore!
Come! let the burial rite be read- the funeral song be sung!-
An anthem for the queenliest dead that ever died so young-
A dirge for her the doubly dead in that she died so young."
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post