Tales that may scare you.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2015, 04:26 AM
RE: Tales that may scare you.
(23-10-2015 04:05 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  A guy is sent out of town on a business trip. When he gets to the new town he goes to the hotel to check in. He's given a room key and the busboy takes his suitcase and takes him up to his room. The man tips the busboy and decides to get some sleep seeming as its late.
As he's laying in bed trying to nod off he hears some scratching and crying coming from the room next door. He tries to ignore it but it gets louder and more profound.
After a little while he gets out of bed and puts a robe on. He leaves his room and goes to the room next door's door. He presses his ear to the door but hears nothing so he bends down and peeks through the keyhole. He lets out a little gasp and pulls away quickly when he sees a small girl sitting on the bed with her back facing the door.
After a little while of plucking up the courage he leans back in to look through the keyhole again but instead of seeing the girl all he sees is red.
Puzzeled the man goes back to his room a little creeped out. He hops back into bed and not before long he falls asleep.

The following day as he's cheeking out he tells the receptionist that the person in the room next to his was making scratching and crying noises last night. The receptionist gives him a puzzled look and tells him that they haven't rented that room out in years since the incident. The man, puzzled, asks what incident.
The receptionist explains that a young girl was strangled to death in that room. She scratched him and had his DNA under her fingernails so they quickly were able to catch the killer though.
The receptionist wipes a tear from her eye and says that she was the one that found the poor girls body. She said that the poor girl had gone completely pale white the only colour left in her was her eyes which had gone completely red from the blood.

[Image: giphy.gif]

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
23-10-2015, 04:29 AM
(22-10-2015 04:54 PM)julep Wrote:  "The Tell-Tale Heart" by Poe. Also "The Cask of Amontillado" by Poe. He always manages to creep me out.

Creepy enough, but I consider "The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar" and "Shadow - A Parable" much much more horrifying. I love Poe. I always get goosebumps on the last line.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
23-10-2015, 05:51 AM
Well -- there once was this letter I got from the IRS.............................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-10-2015, 06:27 AM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
23-10-2015, 06:43 AM
Read the Terry Bison story a long time ago in Playboy magazine...... Great story...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-10-2015, 08:41 AM
(22-10-2015 04:54 PM)julep Wrote:  "The Tell-Tale Heart" by Poe. Also "The Cask of Amontillado" by Poe. He always manages to creep me out.

My middle name comes from one of his poems.

The first time I heard the Tell-Tale Heart was in 2nd grade my teacher had played a Halloween record for the holiday party. If I remember it was read by Vincent Price. I didn't have the conception that it was fake so it gave me nightmares for a few months. Still gives me goose bumps to this day.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
23-10-2015, 11:28 AM
Ray Bradbury is mostly known as a science fiction writer, but he could do horror as well, and some of his best stories are in that vein. I have trouble remembering titles, but The Veldt and The Small Assassin are two that come to mind. He had at least a dozen others as good as those, but I can't remember the titles.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
23-10-2015, 11:44 AM
How about Stephen King's short story The Boogeyman?

Oh yeah...and make sure your closet doors are closed all the way before you go to bed.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
23-10-2015, 02:33 PM
(23-10-2015 11:28 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Ray Bradbury is mostly known as a science fiction writer, but he could do horror as well, and some of his best stories are in that vein. I have trouble remembering titles, but The Veldt and The Small Assassin are two that come to mind. He had at least a dozen others as good as those, but I can't remember the titles.

I remember "Fever Dream" as being really scary.
23-10-2015, 02:40 PM
Another one in a slightly more literary vein is "The Horla" by Guy de Maupassant. You can never quite be sure whether it's a real supernatural terror, or whether the narrator is just losing his mind, but it's terrifying either way.