23-10-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: Tales that may scare you.
Home invasion.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” Plato
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2015, 07:38 PM
(23-10-2015 11:28 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Ray Bradbury is mostly known as a science fiction writer, but he could do horror as well, and some of his best stories are in that vein. I have trouble remembering titles, but The Veldt and The Small Assassin are two that come to mind. He had at least a dozen others as good as those, but I can't remember the titles.

I remember "The Veldt", but not "The Small Assassin". I'll go look in my Sci-Fi collection and see if it is lurking in a compilation, somewhere. I have (literally, I think) tons of Sci-Fi books. It might take awhile to uncover. I take it that "The Small Assassin" is a short story?
23-10-2015, 07:55 PM
(23-10-2015 03:17 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Home invasion.

That's come creepy shit. Just think if it was a person bent on mayhem instead of chowing down on your food. A very real situation like that happened at a town home complex I lived in many years ago. Each block of homes was built of 6 units. An access to the attic was provided for each home, and they turned out to be connected to the other homes, at least for one to another; not necessarily all six in the block. Since there were no home-owner needs to access that space, I shot a bunch of screws into the cover through the ceiling, enough to make it tough for a quiet entry. Of course, a person could have dropped through the ceiling, but that wouldn't be a very quiet entry, either.
24-10-2015, 06:51 AM
(23-10-2015 06:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Read the Terry Bison story a long time ago in Playboy magazine...... Great story...

I only read it earlier this year on Bisson's website. It is a great story. When it was first published in 1990, I was five years old. I was into Richard Scarry books, which were pretty scary.

[Image: 92duJ.jpg]

[Image: 38565Sample2.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post