Tales that may scare you.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: Tales that may scare you.
Home invasion.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2015, 07:38 PM
(23-10-2015 11:28 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Ray Bradbury is mostly known as a science fiction writer, but he could do horror as well, and some of his best stories are in that vein. I have trouble remembering titles, but The Veldt and The Small Assassin are two that come to mind. He had at least a dozen others as good as those, but I can't remember the titles.

I remember "The Veldt", but not "The Small Assassin". I'll go look in my Sci-Fi collection and see if it is lurking in a compilation, somewhere. I have (literally, I think) tons of Sci-Fi books. It might take awhile to uncover. I take it that "The Small Assassin" is a short story?
23-10-2015, 07:55 PM
(23-10-2015 03:17 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Home invasion.

That's come creepy shit. Just think if it was a person bent on mayhem instead of chowing down on your food. A very real situation like that happened at a town home complex I lived in many years ago. Each block of homes was built of 6 units. An access to the attic was provided for each home, and they turned out to be connected to the other homes, at least for one to another; not necessarily all six in the block. Since there were no home-owner needs to access that space, I shot a bunch of screws into the cover through the ceiling, enough to make it tough for a quiet entry. Of course, a person could have dropped through the ceiling, but that wouldn't be a very quiet entry, either.
24-10-2015, 06:51 AM
(23-10-2015 06:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Read the Terry Bison story a long time ago in Playboy magazine...... Great story...

I only read it earlier this year on Bisson's website. It is a great story. When it was first published in 1990, I was five years old. I was into Richard Scarry books, which were pretty scary.

[Image: 92duJ.jpg]

[Image: 38565Sample2.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post