Talk Nerdy To Me ;)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2017, 09:05 PM
RE: Talk Nerdy To Me ;)
(13-02-2017 08:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 08:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Now that's nerdy.

It is but it's something nerdy I would do Big Grin I tried to get my fiance to get eachother's names tattooed in hieroglyphics around our fingers instead of a ring for when we get married. He said no. Dodgy Tongue

Get your voice signatures tattooed instead.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-02-2017, 09:14 PM
(13-02-2017 09:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 08:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It is but it's something nerdy I would do Big Grin I tried to get my fiance to get eachother's names tattooed in hieroglyphics around our fingers instead of a ring for when we get married. He said no. Dodgy Tongue

Get your voice signatures tattooed instead.

ooh I like it Thumbsup He's not much for tats though. I think they're sexxay as fuck Big Grin
13-02-2017, 09:24 PM
(13-02-2017 08:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 08:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Now that's nerdy.

It is but it's something nerdy I would do Big Grin I tried to get my fiance to get each other's names tattooed in hieroglyphics around our fingers instead of a ring for when we get married. He said no. Dodgy Tongue

OK, I see it's the tats, not the hieroglyphics that he doesn't like, or I'd suggest something from the Elder Futhark. That's a cool "alphabet".
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
13-02-2017, 10:29 PM
I was a nerd before being a nerd was considered a good thing.......

In fact -- my SO and I are both ham radio operators......

It used to be, that if you wanted to be a bonafide nerd, you had be able to copy Morse code.

Nowadays, they'll let anybody with a bit of electronic gadgetry in the club..............

Hobo

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-02-2017, 11:35 PM
(13-02-2017 10:29 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I was a nerd before being a nerd was considered a good thing.......

In fact -- my SO and I are both ham radio operators......

It used to be, that if you wanted to be a bonafide nerd, you had be able to copy Morse code.

Nowadays, they'll let anybody with a bit of electronic gadgetry in the club..............

Hobo

Sorry bud, Morse Code is now obsolete in the world. Sad I was never really good at it, but could tap some out. My son bought an external hard drive for his computer awhile back. I was looking at the case, and noticed squares and rectangles, and thought, Morse Code! Sure enough, the vent holes molded in the case spelled out "quality", "integrity" and some other stuff. Don't remember the brand. I'll check it out...
14-02-2017, 09:08 AM

24-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Gurl, you must be made of copper, and tellurium! Wink

29 & 52
[Image: tableofelements.png]

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
26-02-2017, 10:08 AM
If placed end to end, all the Spam ever sold would circle the Earth more than ten times.

My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrD1ljs...6B_gsP7J9g
[+] 1 user Likes OutLoudAtheist's post
07-03-2017, 09:10 AM
[Image: 63809e7c5855a1d634b100db0b3699fc.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
24-03-2017, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2017 09:20 PM by Kernel Sohcahtoa.)
Let a,b,c,d, and n ≥2 be integers. Also, assume a≡b (mod n) and c≡d (mod n). Show that:

1) a+c≡b+d (mod n)

2)a-c≡b-d (mod n)

3)ac≡bd (mod n)

Observation

To show that two integers, say a and b, are congruent modulo n or a≡b (mod n), then we must show that n divides a-b or n|a-b. Note that n|a-b implies that a-b=nk for some integer k.

Proof

1) Since a≡b (mod n) and c≡d (mod n), then this means that [1] a-b=nr and [2] c-d=ns for some integers r and s. Now, adding equations [1] and [2] gives a-b + c-d=nr+ns or a+c -(b+d)=n(r+s) where r+s is an integer. Consequently, n|a+c -(b+d). Therefore, a+c≡b+d (mod n).

2) Using our work from 1), subtract equation [2] from equation [1], which gives a-b -(c-d)=nr-ns or a-b -c+d= n(r-s) or a-c -(b-d)=n(r-s) where r-s is an integer. Thus, n|a-c -(b-d). Hence, a-c≡b-d (mod n).

3)Using equations [1] and [2] from 1), let a=nr+b and c=ns+d. Then ac=(nr+b)*(ns+d) or ac=nrns+nrd+nsb+bd or ac-bd=n(rns+rd+sb) where rns+rd+sb is an integer. Thus, n|ac-bd. Hence, ac≡bd (mod n).

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 1 user Likes Kernel Sohcahtoa's post