Talk about duality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Talk about duality
An evangelical pastor who raises a few calves on the side, asked to borrow my trailer. Now, I was taught to return things in better shape than when I borrowed it. And return it in a timely fashion. I had to call several times to get the trailer back. He said he needed to clean it out so a few days ago I checked the trailer and tho't I'd explode with anger. There was manure, straw, manure splattered walls, the mats hadn't been picked up, the straw along the walls was rotting, etc. I had to hire a teen to help me clean it and get the heavy mats out. The floor was damp and white with mildew. The irony of this is that this same pastor, who's mother I help with all the stairs, preached on setting an example. I guess he meant everyone else. I've taken pics and may call a lawyer yet. A wet floor causes rust on all the metal parts. Also my 12 ply tires had 1200 mi on them when I bo't the trailer and one is almost flat. I've never used it, he's put about 1200 mi on it. Never a thank you, no offer of money or beef or chickens, nothing. Someone else will have to help his mother as I can't deal with his duality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Takelababy's post
25-09-2014, 06:16 PM
RE: Talk about duality
He and his mother are two different people. You should not take out your anger with him on her.

Terribly crappy thing for him to do with your trailer.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
25-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Asshole.

But I guess you knew that.

Waz is right, though. It's not Moms fault.

I would call Mr Asshole and tell him something has come up, and he'll have to take his own Mom to church. Then I'd make sure several people in the congregation know that's he is responsible for her this weekend. Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
25-09-2014, 06:43 PM
I have to sit thro his service so I can help her when it's over. There's no where else to go. I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with the entire situation. I never get angry until someone does something like this. Blatant disregard for someone else's property.
25-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Take his mum to church in the trailer.

Big Grin

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
25-09-2014, 08:34 PM
It seems to me that one of life's lessons is that other people are not you. You can't expect that their values are the same as yours. Adding a lawyer to the mix is not going to make you feel better and being a pastor was never a guarantee of good behavior. Learn from it and move on. Be nice to his mom, she's had to deal with him for a lot longer than you. And if that doesn't work for you, take his mom to church in the trailer.
[+] 1 user Likes Sasparella's post
25-09-2014, 08:44 PM
(25-09-2014 08:34 PM)Sasparella Wrote:  It seems to me that one of life's lessons is that other people are not you. You can't expect that their values are the same as yours. Adding a lawyer to the mix is not going to make you feel better and being a pastor was never a guarantee of good behavior. Learn from it and move on. Be nice to his mom, she's had to deal with him for a lot longer than you. And if that doesn't work for you, take his mom to church in the trailer.

Or you could see a lawyer, get the Son to pay for the damage he caused and not be a doormat. As to the Mother, well you were looking for a reason not to take her anymore.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
25-09-2014, 08:53 PM
I've never been fond of the quote ''no good deed goes unpunished,'' but that seems to fit here. I'm sorry this happened. But, you still did a very nice thing, and that has merit. Hug

lol @ DLJ's ''suggestion" Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
25-09-2014, 10:20 PM
I still don't understand why taking the lady to church requires you to stay for the service?

Maybe you could tell the lady you can't stay because you are too angry at him about the trailer ?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
26-09-2014, 12:55 PM
I saw his mother today. She was telling me about the lovely pontoon boat trip her son was on today and tomorrow. Then she asked, and what are you doing today dear. "Cleaning cow manure off the walls of the trailer". She knows I don't have cows and that her son had borrowed it. BTW, this guy is in his 50's and strong as an ox.