Tall humans

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2015, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2015 07:15 PM by Learner.)
Tall humans
I've heard stories before about groups of exceptionally tall humans, like the stories of tall people in the Bible (Goliath, giants in land of Canaan, etc). Is there any paleontological or archaeological evidence, etc about tall humans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2015, 07:13 PM
RE: Tall humans
I was watching the bible skeptic on you tube. He does a whole video debunking the extremely tall humans aka giants in the bible. You can also check Guinness book of world records for tallest humans ever recorded.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-06-2015, 07:14 PM
(28-06-2015 07:10 PM)Learner Wrote:  I've heard stories before about exceptionally tall humans, like the stories of tall people in the Bible (Goliath, giants in land of Canaan, etc). Is there any archaeological evidence, etc about tall humans?

How tall are you talking about? I have a family full of what I consider to be tall men, over 6 feet. My brother is 6 ft 6 and his son even taller.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
28-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Indeed some historical artefact suggest that several communities had a taller average height compared to those of their neighbors. They were far from the idea we have of an actual giant (taller than any men can be), but would have been considered abnormally tall. They might even have inspired the idea of a race of giant people.
28-06-2015, 08:28 PM
When I come across crazy batshit crazy religious nuts who believe the internet photos of giant skeletons are real, my FAVORITE thing to do run this video by them. Teehee.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-06-2015, 08:47 PM
I like the music. Gonna be humming that for a while...

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
28-06-2015, 08:50 PM
(28-06-2015 07:10 PM)Learner Wrote:  I've heard stories before about groups of exceptionally tall humans, like the stories of tall people in the Bible (Goliath, giants in land of Canaan, etc). Is there any paleontological or archaeological evidence, etc about tall humans?

I'm 6'4". Does that count?
28-06-2015, 08:53 PM
(28-06-2015 08:50 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(28-06-2015 07:10 PM)Learner Wrote:  I've heard stories before about groups of exceptionally tall humans, like the stories of tall people in the Bible (Goliath, giants in land of Canaan, etc). Is there any paleontological or archaeological evidence, etc about tall humans?

I'm 6'4". Does that count?

Nope I'm 6'5 and it doesn't count. When you are 7 feet tall, we can talk.Wink

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
28-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Robert Wallow is historically the worlds tallest person with evidence. He was 8'11. As for Giants, like from Mythology, no evidence.

[Image: Robert_Wadlow.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
29-06-2015, 07:37 AM
There's a couple of continually circulating photoshops on the interwebz, Snopes is a good place to begin research about a particular pic, but here's a hint: They're all fake.

Been there, done that. Rolleyes

Not too happy with all of the time I wasted on this.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition