• 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 04:12 AM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(25-10-2015 04:08 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:48 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Nash us

[Image: DsqutqF.png]
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nash
What's really going on? Consider
Bash, and yes it auto corrected to Nash. My bad.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2015, 04:16 AM
(25-10-2015 03:48 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 01:34 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Why is it so hard for theists to see that answers were given?
Because most of you take little pieces and parts out of context and Nash us for them as opposed to answering or responding to an actual post. Let's not forget the excessive name calling and attempted belittling.

Certainly. Or just answers aren't to your liking so you start whining?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
25-10-2015, 05:21 AM
(24-10-2015 03:13 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Slavery was accepted by the servants. They weren't taken against their will.

Facepalm

pops, two questions...

1) are you caucasian?
2) are you male?

If you answer yes to both it would explain much of your cognitive dissonance on the subject.

You might as well say,
“Stoning was accepted by the guilty, it wasn’t done against their will.”

You need help, get some.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
25-10-2015, 05:25 AM
(24-10-2015 06:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Slavery ...Maybe it was justified. How would the exceedingly poor have survived if not for being put to work in exchange for sustenance and shelter?

Facepalm You must be high up in the Walmart hierarchy.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
25-10-2015, 05:34 AM
(24-10-2015 06:38 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I pray that every atheist here has Jesus moment while on earth.

I have a hypothesis on why the world is in such turmoil: prayer. My thinking is as follows:

God is all knowing and omnipotent and perfect. He was here before the universe and stars and he conceived His perfect Grand Design. But now we humans are questioning His un-erring judgment by asking Him through prayer to change things as He made them and wants them to be.

We ask for this or that, for help, for others to change their ways, for us to win a war, for inner peace, for food on our plates or for a cure to some disease. No matter how benevolent we may think of what we are asking for, what we are really saying is “Hey God, I think you fucked up, can’t you see I have cancer and am dying?”

Meanwhile God knew from time immemorial you were going to have cancer, in fact that is what He wanted all the time. But the supplicant believes he knows better than God and so he pisses Him off by asking to be cured. Before the beginning of time He knew you were going to piss Him off so not only do you have cancer but after you die you’re going to Hell for insinuating you knew better by asking Him to change His perfect Grand Design.

If you believe in the perfect, all-knowing, omnipotent being that created all and everything is exactly as He wants it to be then prayer isn’t necessary because all has been preordained and things will be the way He planned them to be with or without your input. I don’t think a god would care one iota what any of us think about His perfect plan.

So my advice to all those that believe in gods and pray (looking at you Jason) is to suck it up, whatever is happening to you or anyone else is exactly what God wanted so quit wasting time in church and get home before you miss the opening kickoff of the football game.

My other hypothesis is that is that there is no God. So stop worrying and take personal responsibility for your life.

Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled on behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
~Ambrose Bierce

I think that quote needs a corollary:

Pray, v.: 2- to ask god to change his perfect, preordained plan because you think you know better.
~Full Circle

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
25-10-2015, 05:58 AM
(25-10-2015 05:25 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 06:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Slavery ...Maybe it was justified. How would the exceedingly poor have survived if not for being put to work in exchange for sustenance and shelter?

Facepalm You must be high up in the Walmart hierarchy.
Actually I own a somewhat successful business that I left over three months ago. Please don't let that stop you from assuming things though.
25-10-2015, 05:59 AM
(25-10-2015 05:34 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 06:38 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I pray that every atheist here has Jesus moment while on earth.

I have a hypothesis on why the world is in such turmoil: prayer. My thinking is as follows:

God is all knowing and omnipotent and perfect. He was here before the universe and stars and he conceived His perfect Grand Design. But now we humans are questioning His un-erring judgment by asking Him through prayer to change things as He made them and wants them to be.

We ask for this or that, for help, for others to change their ways, for us to win a war, for inner peace, for food on our plates or for a cure to some disease. No matter how benevolent we may think of what we are asking for, what we are really saying is “Hey God, I think you fucked up, can’t you see I have cancer and am dying?”

Meanwhile God knew from time immemorial you were going to have cancer, in fact that is what He wanted all the time. But the supplicant believes he knows better than God and so he pisses Him off by asking to be cured. Before the beginning of time He knew you were going to piss Him off so not only do you have cancer but after you die you’re going to Hell for insinuating you knew better by asking Him to change His perfect Grand Design.

If you believe in the perfect, all-knowing, omnipotent being that created all and everything is exactly as He wants it to be then prayer isn’t necessary because all has been preordained and things will be the way He planned them to be with or without your input. I don’t think a god would care one iota what any of us think about His perfect plan.

So my advice to all those that believe in gods and pray (looking at you Jason) is to suck it up, whatever is happening to you or anyone else is exactly what God wanted so quit wasting time in church and get home before you miss the opening kickoff of the football game.

My other hypothesis is that is that there is no God. So stop worrying and take personal responsibility for your life.

Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled on behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
~Ambrose Bierce

Pray, v.: 2- to ask god to change his perfect, preordained plan because you think you know better.
~Full Circle
Scripture clearly states that yes, God does know everything. He knows what you are going to pray before we even open our mouths. Second, prayer is not a way to get things we want. It is not making a list for Santa. It is about maintaining a relationship. Third just about everything you said can in fact be explained in the bible. You don't have to believe that it is true because frankly it doesn't mater. It amazes me that every atheist is a biblical expert. They know everything and theist are stupid simple creatures. Well ask yourself, why are there atheist who converted to Christianity? Why are atheist so angry all the time. Especially if someone says they are praying for you. Why do atheist always seem to turn to personal attacks. I am not trying to convert anyone here. I am only here to answer questions.
25-10-2015, 06:03 AM
(25-10-2015 05:34 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  

~Ambrose Bierce

~Full Circle
Prayer is to keep us in remembrance of God and his direction. Of course I assume that many attempt to use it for worldly gain. God is merciful though and does answer prayers of those who are in need and in Faith and try to follow the word of God.
25-10-2015, 06:03 AM
(25-10-2015 05:58 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 05:25 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Facepalm You must be high up in the Walmart hierarchy.
Actually I own a somewhat successful business that I left over three months ago. Please don't let that stop you from assuming things though.

And I own a very successful business and treat my employees fairly, for instance those that wish to stay working for me I push an awl through their earlobe into a door to signify as much.

Deuteronomy
16 ”It shall come about if he says to you, ‘I will not go out from you,' because he loves you and your household, since he fares well with you; 17 then you shall take an awl and pierce it through his ear into the door, and he shall be your servant forever. Also you shall do likewise to your maidservant. 18 “It shall not seem hard to you when you set him free, for he has given you six years with double the service of a hired man; so the LORD your God will bless you in whatever you do.

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
25-10-2015, 06:07 AM
(25-10-2015 06:03 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 05:58 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Actually I own a somewhat successful business that I left over three months ago. Please don't let that stop you from assuming things though.

And I own a very successful business and treat my employees fairly, for instance those that wish to stay working for me I push an awl through their earlobe into a door to signify as much.

Deuteronomy
16 ”It shall come about if he says to you, ‘I will not go out from you,' because he loves you and your household, since he fares well with you; 17 then you shall take an awl and pierce it through his ear into the door, and he shall be your servant forever. Also you shall do likewise to your maidservant. 18 “It shall not seem hard to you when you set him free, for he has given you six years with double the service of a hired man; so the LORD your God will bless you in whatever you do.
You know because every atheist who quotes old testament law is an expert on the social/economic norms of the time.