Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 02:34 PM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(25-10-2015 02:27 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 02:15 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Actually, that sounds like a totally valid reason to have a bad day and lash out at people.

I was going to make some joke about your argument being "void" (as in bowels), but I couldn't quite make it work.
I guess the crap was coming out of both ends? Anyway, I did realize something. I am beginning to really understand why atheist have the reputation for being angry all the time by Christians. I couldn't imaging going your entire day to day routine constantly being told a lie then when you voice your opinion you get hammered.

Well usually when there's a debate we hammer the other person(lol), but as far as popular opinion goes, yeah most people don't like atheists. Congrats on being more reasonable than 98% of theists.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
25-10-2015, 02:35 PM
(25-10-2015 02:31 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 01:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  Sounds like a "flashback".

ETA: Have you ever been diagnosed/tested for epilepsy?
Nice try. Again it wasn't similar to x. I've never had a flash back, and the few times I had done x were way earlier in life. A personal revelation isn't in any way similar to what I remember of x, or mdma whatever you linked to.

A personal revelation is a personal revelation...not a sign from god.

Many of us reached a point where we realized that there was something in our lives that had to change.

Why are you giving credit to a god when credit for making a change should go to you.

A lightbulb moment isn't divine intervention.

Is your self esteem so low that you can't credit yourself?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-10-2015, 02:36 PM
(25-10-2015 01:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 12:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yeah, I was driving home from work when it happened. Didn't take any drugs and a drastic chemical imbalance doesn't magically and instantly fix itself. I've done x quite a few times. It does cause temporary joy, but does not cause epiphany, and the effects are temporary. Good try though.

Sounds like a "flashback".

Again I was driving on a busy street after work. It lasted for a good ten minutes I guess. If it was some sort of epileptic attack I might of had to pull over or something, I would think. It affected the radio in the truck as well; muting it and again returning it. It faded down and adjustment of the knobs was to no avail whatsoever.
25-10-2015, 02:38 PM
(25-10-2015 02:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  

Again I was driving on a busy street after work. It lasted for a good ten minutes I guess. If it was some sort of epileptic attack I might of had to pull over or something, I would think. It affected the radio in the truck as well; muting it and again returning it. It faded down and adjustment of the knobs was to no avail whatsoever.

Disregard previous post - flashback. Your brain misfired and it isn't quite firing right yet.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
25-10-2015, 02:38 PM
(24-10-2015 04:03 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Just out of curiosity. What would it take for someone to convert an atheist to Christianity?

Evidence. Drinking Beverage

Or brain damage. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-10-2015, 02:40 PM
(24-10-2015 06:17 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Why is it so hard for atheist to give a simple answer to a simple question?

The answers were clear. Are you not reading them? Consider

25-10-2015, 02:42 PM
(24-10-2015 06:38 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 06:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's really a load of something.

I require more proof than "feels right in my head."

I've spent far too much time reading about all the different religions to be so easily swayed by what amounts to just feels.

Too bad you didn't use the thinking part of your brain more.
Most atheist I have talked to have said the same thing, "The only way I could ever believe in God is if he showed me something to prove he exist". So what happens to an atheist who got exactly what was asked and then converted to Christianity? They are labeled as a weirdos on an acid trip. I pray that every atheist here has Jesus moment while on earth. Then we can all be a bunch of weirdos together.

What you are talking about is not evidence. Get a dictionary.

25-10-2015, 02:59 PM
(25-10-2015 06:18 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Unfogged,

It was a question. You said that pows were still taken against their will. So I asked if you thought they would have preferred death through war. Obviously they chose to be slaves or they would have died on the battlefield.

That is not an unfettered choice, just the lesser of two evils. Try again.

25-10-2015, 02:59 PM
(25-10-2015 06:22 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Why do atheist go to an atheist forum to ask questions about God and the bible?

We don't unless theists bring it up.

25-10-2015, 03:00 PM
(25-10-2015 02:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  

Did you get checked to see if you had a stroke?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus