Talmud, OT and morality of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 03:30 PM
RE: Talmud, OT and morality of god
(25-10-2015 03:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  More assumption, and exponentially, needlessly rude. My grammar sucks on this phone, my spelling sucks in real life, so does my handwriting. But I have never been anything near dumb. What changed was my attitude towards existence as a whole. My capacities at any level haven't changed but for the better. I know I sound retarded a lot of times. I know I speak differently when writing or typing. This too has always been the case.

No impeding occurrence at any time. Especially not causal or effectual to the time of my literal salvation and revelation.

You think I was rude...okay then...

If you read my prior post (a few posts back now) you will see that I asked why you don't take credit yourself for realizing that there needed to be changes made in your life.
Because I was already putting forth a lot of effort in bettering my life. The revaluation was an outside occurrence that no doubt was somewhat a result of my own self made pain and want for positive change. That doesn't make it not from an outside source. I was most likely stewing in anger as I always did at that time. The instant, relief from all the negativity that was on my shoulders was not by my own hand. The input of memories long forgotten within a wholly new and different light and significance was in no way from me. I take a little credit. But all is God's doing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2015, 03:40 PM
(25-10-2015 03:16 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanks for sharing. Dodgy
It's like when you are climbing up a ladder and you hear something splatter.
Wow, haven't heard that in a really long time.
25-10-2015, 03:42 PM
(25-10-2015 03:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You think I was rude...okay then...

If you read my prior post (a few posts back now) you will see that I asked why you don't take credit yourself for realizing that there needed to be changes made in your life.
Because I was already putting forth a lot of effort in bettering my life. The revaluation was an outside occurrence that no doubt was somewhat a result of my own self made pain and want for positive change. That doesn't make it not from an outside source. I was most likely stewing in anger as I always did at that time. The instant, relief from all the negativity that was on my shoulders was not by my own hand. The input of memories long forgotten within a wholly new and different light and significance was in no way from me. I take a little credit. But all is God's doing.

So you say.

Our brains work in ways we don't even understand yet.

I have also had buried memories surface...it's because I was ready to deal with them. I had long ago put up the god pacifier. I was working on myself. All the years I asked god to help, he ignored my pleas.

If thinking your god is what saved you from yourself and that helps you sleep at night, fine. But don't think that everyone buys your explanation. Especially here.

Take your hippy-dippy goddidit stuff to a receptive audience...this ain't it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-10-2015, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 03:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-10-2015 03:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I take a little credit. But all is God's doing.

You deserve all the credit AND all is God's doing.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
25-10-2015, 03:51 PM
(25-10-2015 03:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If thinking your god is what saved you from yourself and that helps you sleep at night, fine. But don't think that everyone buys your explanation. Especially here.

Take your hippy-dippy goddidit stuff to a receptive audience...this ain't it.

Amen. Preach it sister!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
25-10-2015, 03:54 PM
(25-10-2015 03:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I know I sound retarded a lot of times.

While I initially found it irritating and annoying, I am starting to find it quite endearing. And hell if you've lasted here this long you deserve some credit.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-10-2015, 04:21 PM
(25-10-2015 03:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I know I sound retarded a lot of times.

While I initially found it irritating and annoying, I am starting to find it quite endearing. And hell if you've lasted here this long you deserve some credit.

Longevity around here isn't that great a gauge...have you forgotten Ego®?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
25-10-2015, 04:24 PM
(25-10-2015 04:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  While I initially found it irritating and annoying, I am starting to find it quite endearing. And hell if you've lasted here this long you deserve some credit.

Longevity around here isn't that great a gauge...have you forgotten Ego®?

Does his 'Gordon' incarnation count for a continuous presence, or do we count his two accounts as contiguous instead?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-10-2015, 04:26 PM
(25-10-2015 03:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The input of memories long forgotten within a wholly new and different light and significance was in no way from me. I take a little credit. But all is God's doing.

So, does this god you believe in, because of your revelations (or x use), also get the blame when things in your life go wrong or is that all your fault? Consider

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-10-2015, 04:28 PM
(25-10-2015 04:24 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 04:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Longevity around here isn't that great a gauge...have you forgotten Ego®?

Does his 'Gordon' incarnation count for a continuous presence, or do we count his two accounts as contiguous instead?

Yes - Ego®don is one and the same.